Why doesn't Phonte get the PROPER shine he deserves?

He absolutely kills every Little Brother track and I'm sitting here listening to Foreign Exchange- Leave It All Behind like
smh.gif

Seriously tho who has a better rapping/singing combo then son? And if u say Drake then please go listen to this man's catalog and get hip.

I feel ya. tay should have not quit LB though. To me hes stooping down to every other commercial rappers level and hes not going to stand out.
Its like he started over. He had a nice fanbase with LB. once he dropped LB then fans he had left and now hes trying to appeal to a new crowd and
cats just aint feelin him.

Originally Posted by ps2child

I feel ya. tay should have not quit LB though. To me hes stooping down to every other commercial rappers level and hes not going to stand out.
Its like he started over. He had a nice fanbase with LB. once he dropped LB then fans he had left and now hes trying to appeal to a new crowd and
cats just aint feelin him.

I thought LB was doing 1 more album tho? And u can't really blame him. I #%#@% with Pooh but we all knew who the weak link in the group was since 9th was there.

@Harlem On The Rise
Define "THAT" good or tell me who is "THAT" good. Im curious

Phonte is nice on the mic but I don't think he can make it as a solo artist. Pooh was bringing him down a little, though.

He needs to link up with another dude, but I don't know who in the game is on the same wavelength as him.

cuz when your that good no one wants to give u props or allow u to succeed. He deserves alot more attention. but doesnt matter its not like hes doing mainstream music

Originally Posted by ThatDudeChris

cuz when your that good no one wants to give u props or allow u to succeed. He deserves alot more attention. but doesnt matter its not like hes doing mainstream music
with this in mind, why do yall feel he doesn't get the props he deserves? he's one of the most critically acclaimed rappers to emerge this decade.  wasn't the last FE album nominated for a grammy?

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

with this in mind, why do yall feel he doesn't get the props he deserves? he's one of the most critically acclaimed rappers to emerge this decade.  wasn't the last FE album nominated for a grammy?
Nah "Daykeeper" was nominated for a grammy not the whole album. And him being one of the most critically acclaimed this decade is a HUGE overstatement imo. I would say like 7/10 maybe 8 dont even know who Little Brother is so I know they don't know Phonte even exist. Most of the time when I play LB/FE and someone hears it the convo usually goes like this,
Them: Who's this?
Me: Little Brother, u %!@$ with it?
Them: Your Little Brother raps?
indifferent.gif

I have put so many people onto LB/FE in the past year that didnt know that they been droppin albums since 03/04

Honestly, it's because Pooh is wack.
If Te' woulda linked up with a dude who was on his level or atleast a better compliment to his style, things would be different.

Originally Posted by MchunuDon

Nah "Daykeeper" was nominated for a grammy not the whole album. And him being one of the most critically acclaimed this decade is a HUGE overstatement imo. I would say like 7/10 maybe 8 dont even know who Little Brother is so I know they don't know Phonte even exist. Most of the time when I play LB/FE and someone hears it the convo usually goes like this,
Them: Who's this?
Me: Little Brother, u %!@$ with it?
Them: Your Little Brother raps?
indifferent.gif

I have put so many people onto LB/FE in the past year that didnt know that they been droppin albums since 03/04
I don't know, both FE albums and The Listening are all critically acclaimed albums.  yeah the average listener hasn't heard of him but we've acknowledged that he's underground.  when people bring up LB or FE, 9 times outa 10 they're talking about Phonte (since 9th left).

I would say he just about gets his
Agreed... if he sticks with Nicolay, it'll come. Nicolay is one of the best doing it, and actually, may have more widespread appeal than 9th.  

I expect he will on a slightly higher level when his solo albums start dropping.

FE appeals to a certain group of ppl and LB needed more exposure for him to get his deserved shine. Plus he emerged in an era of hip hop where the skill, talent, etc. and the transition from that to good hip hop music wasn't greatly appreciated (compared to the previous eras).

Basically, he'll need to do more i.e. overcompensate with great music to get the shine he already earned.

You buggin Nay.

Back
Top Bottom