Why doesn't this album get its proper GOAT consideration?

B000002WR5.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Originally Posted by MidEastBeast

It does by plenty of people.

It's not better than illmatic though.

It's my #2.

Same with me.

But I hardly hear people mention it with the RTDs, RDs, Paid in Fulls and Illmatics

It's one of the best hip hop albums of all time but I feel like it's not the hand down greatest IMO.

Great album. I don't see what about it makes it, transcendent if you will. I don't see what sets it apart from other, similar projects. It was toughtalk over some INSANE beats. But that's been done before and done to death since.

Plus, I had known about MD for a minute. Since they were Poetical Prophets. I had Juvenile Hell. Dudes are career rappers. For some reason I need a bit moreautheticity when it comes to my hard rock $+*@. I just wasn't buying it. Doesn't mean I didn't like the music. But sometimes keeps me from LOVINGit.

I tend to like MC's who are themselves. Why I love 'Kast. Why I love Wu. Why I love Beatnuts (gangster/party/we love %$@#$#*). Public Enemy. Just Icewas a G. Their music seems to be reflections of their personalities. If you're just another rapper riding the tough guy trend, it's just not for me. Atleast with NWA etc., they helped SET the trend.

I think Nas did it better. Wu did it better. Rae + Ghost. Ghost solo. G Rap did it better.

My GOAT albums stand out for a reason. There are too many albums with ill rhymes and ill beats for every one of those to be in the GOAT category.

Drink Away The Pain is my $+*@. Though. Same with Give Up The Goods.

Originally Posted by haiti5

i jus know eye for an eye makes me wanna go shank toddlers
laugh.gif

But i would say "The Infamous" gets it's just due from knowledgeable hip hop fans..

top 10-15 album imo

and it can definitely be talked about in the same breath as the RD's, RTD's, Paid in Fulls, and albums of that nature

It does by plenty of people.

It's not better than illmatic though.

It's my #2.
i think its better...better beats and way more anthems.

the album that we should be talkin about is mobb deep hell on earth.

now THAT ALBUM gets serious snubbings......

and its probably even better overall then the infamous.

Originally Posted by illphillip

Great album. I don't see what about it makes it, transcendent if you will. I don't see what sets it apart from other, similar projects. It was tough talk over some INSANE beats. But that's been done before and done to death since.

Plus, I had known about MD for a minute. Since they were Poetical Prophets. I had Juvenile Hell. Dudes are career rappers. For some reason I need a bit more autheticity when it comes to my hard rock $+*@. I just wasn't buying it. Doesn't mean I didn't like the music. But sometimes keeps me from LOVING it.

I tend to like MC's who are themselves. Why I love 'Kast. Why I love Wu. Why I love Beatnuts (gangster/party/we love %$@#$#*). Public Enemy. Just Ice was a G. Their music seems to be reflections of their personalities. If you're just another rapper riding the tough guy trend, it's just not for me. At least with NWA etc., they helped SET the trend.

I think Nas did it better. Wu did it better. Rae + Ghost. Ghost solo. G Rap did it better.

My GOAT albums stand out for a reason. There are too many albums with ill rhymes and ill beats for every one of those to be in the GOAT category.

What sets it apart ? There is not a single more realistic album that captured life in NYC during the 90's like the Infamous. Nothing comes close capturinghow gritty and dirty it really was the way the Infamous did. I'm the biggest Kool G Rap fan on NT hands down, he doesn't have any albums even NEARINGthe realism that the Infamous had. Same with the Wu. Nas isn't even in the discussion, even when he tries his hardest to sound hard.

Great album. I don't see what about it makes it, transcendent if you will. I don't see what sets it apart from other, similar projects. It was tough talk over some INSANE beats. But that's been done before and done to death since.

Plus, I had known about MD for a minute. Since they were Poetical Prophets. I had Juvenile Hell. Dudes are career rappers. For some reason I need a bit more autheticity when it comes to my hard rock $+*@. I just wasn't buying it. Doesn't mean I didn't like the music. But sometimes keeps me from LOVING it.

I tend to like MC's who are themselves. Why I love 'Kast. Why I love Wu. Why I love Beatnuts (gangster/party/we love %$@#$#*). Public Enemy. Just Ice was a G. Their music seems to be reflections of their personalities. If you're just another rapper riding the tough guy trend, it's just not for me. At least with NWA etc., they helped SET the trend.

I don't think an album necessarily have to be transcendent to set itself apart from other great albums. What set them apart IMO was thefeeling of authenticity in the lyrics, stories and overall perfection of the album and each and every track. This was New York in the early 90's, straight,grimey, straight despair. The s_ wasn't an image at the time..it was really a way of life for almost every young person of color in the hood.If youweren't living it, it was taking place all around you.

Aquemini was transcendent, great album that went upstream from everything at the time but it still ain't *%$ good as this album.

This is a benchmark album for a sub-genre of Hip-Hop, you say its been done to death before and after...so has everything else...but when has it been done thisgood except for OB4CL?

This is NY's The Chronic.

This album really got me into Hip-Hop in a serious way...

I actually got put up on Hell On Earth first via my older cousins, Then went back and got Infamous.

I think I'm in the minority when I say I like Hell On Earth better...

What sets it apart ? There is not a single more realistic album that captured life in NYC during the 90's like the Infamous. Nothing comes close capturing how gritty and dirty it really was the way the Infamous did. I'm the biggest Kool G Rap fan on NT hands down, he doesn't have any albums even NEARING the realism that the Infamous had. Same with the Wu. Nas isn't even in the discussion, even when he tries his hardest to sound hard.

the Most on point thing you have ever said...
The Infamous IS living in New York throughout the 90's....
Before dudes became mass murderers and serial killers
eyes.gif
...They talked about real %%*%...
going to see a girl in another hood and dudes frontin on u....Trife Life
Addiction to Alchol...Drink away the pain
Robbery Anthems...Give up the goods
Friends getting locked up...Temperature's Rising
Going upstate...Up North Trip
Etc...
They rapped in a way that hood N's really thought...
Dudes didn't want to be in the streets...but since they were they were gonna do it to death...and glorify the %%*% out of it...
and for the record Infamous = My personal greatest rap album of all time...

Back
Top Bottom