Why doesn't this album get its proper GOAT consideration?

Classic for me....def in my personal top 5-10. both this and hell on earth (which i think is highly slept on as well, it feels almost like some world war 3soundtrack-type %#!#) are great albums.

Hell on Earth was a terrific album but I think you would have to be out of your mind to think it's better than the Infamous. No way was it as cohesive,realistic and groundbreaking as the Infamous. That being said, Hell on Earth (the song) is top 5 for me.

Originally Posted by Barack 0drama

This album really got me into Hip-Hop in a serious way...

I actually got put up on Hell On Earth first via my older cousins, Then went back and got Infamous.

I think I'm in the minority when I say I like Hell On Earth better...
its not that hard to fathom...if you liked the infamous you'd love hell on earth.

Originally Posted by MidEastBeast

Hell on Earth was a terrific album but I think you would have to be out of your mind to think it's better than the Infamous. No way was it as cohesive, realistic and groundbreaking as the Infamous. That being said, Hell on Earth (the song) is top 5 for me.

The rapping on Hell on Earth was better (Prodigy's lyrical prime)...
With that being said...The iNfamous is still better...

I love this album, been my personal #3. It may even move up because i STILL can't stop playing this album. Im thinkin its gotten more spins from me than my#1 and 2.

besides OUtkast I think they are the only artist to drop back to back classics.

The Infamous=Hell On Earth in terms of crackness though, I honestly can't choose which one I prefer.

Have you guys heard Big Noyd's album, that dude that used to run with them? It isn't that great but I felt he had a lot of potential. But anywaysProdigy's verses on that album

*Diddy wiping face .gif

Originally Posted by Untitled

I actually got put up on Hell On Earth first via my older cousins, Then went back and got Infamous.

its not that hard to fathom...if you liked the infamous you'd love hell on earth.

IMO Hell On Earth is a better Mobb Deep album

Infamous is the better hip hop album though, I don't know if that makes any sense to you guys.

But yea I can't really F with anyone that doesn't rock with this joint.

I gotta agree with you on that. Infamous was a great album, but I thought Hell on Earth was on another level lyrically and production-wise. Prodigy destoyedthat album
sick.gif

Have you guys heard Big Noyd's album, that dude that used to run with them? It isn't that great but I felt he had a lot of potential. But anyways Prodigy's verses on that album
Yes...P's flow was unmatched on that album.

Damn shame what happened to him...
tired.gif

I remember buying Hell On Earth (on cassette) with a $10 Best Buy gift card I got in 6th grade . . . Memories

Its darker, but I see Infamous as a concept album of sorts. Its basically a median between Illmatic rhyming in the park & Ghost & Rae's drugselling tales of Cuban Linx . . . If you listen to The Infamous its basically a coming of age for kids growing up in NYC specifically, but its for all hoodscause the same type #%@@ is goin on to a certain extent, Infamous just put a voice to the frustration of inner city teenagers . . . To this day that voice isunmatched, I don't see anyone ever capturing that felling, in that way . . . EVER.

I agree with everything illphil said, but I understand if somebody feels otherwise. Classic album, irregardless.

Back
Top Bottom