Why dont struggling or underground Rnb Artist make mixtapes?

real talk i really never understood why i never hear rnb artist before they hit nationally radio or 106 n park?

The dude Jeremiah first album was his first collection of music he recorded ever and he got 5 videos off that?

also shoot me links if yall know any dope RnB cats male or female

R&B aint like rap where you can just be shelling out mixtapes where you rap on other ppl beats(truth be told in the game today most upcoming rappers areforced to drop mixtapes with original songs/beats).

Not every R&B singer rights their own !@+$ so they have to pay for it. A struggling R&B artist is not going to release mixtapes for free.

I think there is probably a market if they took an Indie approach, but a lot of R & B artist probably wouldn't know where to begin from thatstandpoint.

Originally Posted by Master Zik

R&B aint like rap where you can just be shelling out mixtapes where you rap on other ppl beats(truth be told in the game today most upcoming rappers are forced to drop mixtapes with original songs/beats).

Not every R&B singer rights their own !@+$ so they have to pay for it. A struggling R&B artist is not going to release mixtapes for free.
so you think its not even possible for rnb artist to take this approach to the game

Originally Posted by bluedeniro

R&B aint like rap where you can just be shelling out mixtapes where you rap on other ppl beats(truth be told in the game today most upcoming rappers are forced to drop mixtapes with original songs/beats).

so you think its not even possible for rnb artist to take this approach to the game
Not really, especially if they struggling. If they do it'll be 10-13 songs if they're smart. When Trey does it he couples in his rapping.It's possible but it wouldn't catch on.

It'd be an area where only R&B artists who write their own shh and maybe even make their on beats succeed in. I mean I don't see much praise fordudes singing over other ppl's beats anyway.

Originally Posted by encore2007

The ppl that DL mixtapes would never listen to them
The audience they have don't listen to mixtape

One of the 2

It would only help artist that have already established a good amount of fame
but trey songz had one of the most high rated and critically acclaimed mix-tapes of the year and dude entire fanbase buy his stuff faithfully?

maybe because many rnb artists don't write all of their music themselves, so if they're paying for a song to be written
it probably ain't going on a mixtape

edit- didn't read, ^already been stated

eek.gif

Well I was typing drugged up if it matters. ++#%*@ focus too much on spelling and grammar around here anyway. Ispelled a word wrong, mental lapse. So what?

Whell eye waz tipin drugged up if it matters. ++#%*@ vocis two much on spellin and grammer round hear eneway. eye speelled a word rong, mentalelaps. so wat?

Back
Top Bottom