Why Hate on Ed, big Gen, and the Jordan Team

How come anytime a retro drops thats an obnoxious color we(not me) hate on the VP..Gentry is it? How come when the 21',s 22's drop we(not me) hate onbig Ed? how come when the Melo's drop we (not me) hate on Big Ed again? How come when team j's and .5's drop...we hate on someone other thanMICHAEL JORDAN himself.... shouldnt we be hating on him. Doesnt he know whats happening in his business . Doesnt he approve of all product. On a smaller scale,why dont we hate on Melo...im sure he sees the designs before hand...if anything you guys should hate their taste in shoes.(if you dont like the shoes) Thesame can be said about Kobes, Lebrons, Iversons.....ect. If anything..you should hate on the athlete...not the designer product associate....ect whos job it isto cater to the athlete...... am I right?...you tell me.

You're right. but what if melo thinks his sneakers are better than xi's or any other great sneaker. what if he likes his shoes? Then who's toblame?

Then give the Jordan team their props for making a shoe that the athlete will love to play in. *shrugs*
If Tinker was designing all those J's in the beginning for the masses..we wouldnt have any classics...wouldnt have as many retros either.

He was trying to satisfy Jordan taste aesthetically and performance wise. If you hate the Shoes Tinker created....blame MICHAEL JORDAN cause he signed off onit.

People hate just to hate!!! In 5 or 10 years down the raod the 21's, 22's and 23's will all be beasted over and loved... Mark my words!!! You thinkEVERYONE loved the 3's, 4's and 5's when they came out??? Hell no!! You had people out there that didn't like a shoe being so"strange" looking to what they were used to... It always happens!!! Just like when a car manufacturer changes a body on a car that you've liked,you might hate on it saying it's ugly but after awhile it grows on you and you like it!!!!

Those are all some wise words:D
I really think 23's will be loved, im quite sure

Originally Posted by metalmaned

People hate just to hate!!! In 5 or 10 years down the raod the 21's, 22's and 23's will all be beasted over and loved... Mark my words!!! You think EVERYONE loved the 3's, 4's and 5's when they came out??? Hell no!! You had people out there that didn't like a shoe being so "strange" looking to what they were used to... It always happens!!! Just like when a car manufacturer changes a body on a car that you've liked, you might hate on it saying it's ugly but after awhile it grows on you and you like it!!!!
^True that... plenty of people back in the day bought the OG 1's for 20 bucks on clearance from places like Big 5... now try and get some DS OG1s..

Originally Posted by Undftd x Josh

You're right. but what if melo thinks his sneakers are better than xi's or any other great sneaker. what if he likes his shoes? Then who's to blame?

how about we don't blame anyone?
the shoes are made for the player, not the consumer.

if you don't like the shoe don't buy it, simple as that

Originally Posted by LStepCorrect81

Originally Posted by Undftd x Josh

You're right. but what if melo thinks his sneakers are better than xi's or any other great sneaker. what if he likes his shoes? Then who's to blame?

how about we don't blame anyone?
the shoes are made for the player, not the consumer.

Yeah but you know Nike Talkers, they have to have something to complain about.

I'M ONLY HATING BECAUSE OF THE CHEA PASS QUALITY
IM RICH AND HATE SPENDING MY MONEY ON LOW QUALITY THAT IS NO USE IN 2 MONTHS AFTER WEAR.

EHHH THE COLOR IS WHATEVER TO ME BUT GETTING AIR JORDANS THAT ARE WEAKER THAN PAST 2002 MODELS IS CLEARLY UNNACCEPTABLE

SO I ONLY GET THE 20 21 22........23s?

^^ that is very good reason to hate.

no one deserves, team J's or sig line, to have to pay that amount of money for bad quality shoe

as rich as anyone is
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by Words1999

How come anytime a retro drops thats an obnoxious color we(not me) hate on the VP..Gentry is it? How come when the 21',s 22's drop we(not me) hate on big Ed? how come when the Melo's drop we (not me) hate on Big Ed again? How come when team j's and .5's drop...we hate on someone other than MICHAEL JORDAN himself.... shouldnt we be hating on him. Doesnt he know whats happening in his business . Doesnt he approve of all product. On a smaller scale, why dont we hate on Melo...im sure he sees the designs before hand...if anything you guys should hate their taste in shoes.(if you dont like the shoes) The same can be said about Kobes, Lebrons, Iversons.....ect. If anything..you should hate on the athlete...not the designer product associate....ect whos job it is to cater to the athlete...... am I right?...you tell me.
Gentry, is that you?

Because nowadays designs are uninspired and regurgitated, they take design cues and ideas from some other products (like new cars, planes, old sneakers fromother companies and whatever other overpriced luxury toy MJ seems to like at the moment) that have no relation or reason to be put on a basketball sneaker, andthen try to find some exotic and flamboyant new colors and materials to slap all over a shoe, and to top it off they call these monstrosities limited andoverprice them.

To be honest the athletes probably dont really care how good a shoe looks ( just look at the Kobe III's ), as long as they get that fat check. I mean MJhimself has gone through 23 incarnations of his sig. shoe so that would explain him giving the OK on the last 3 even though they are horrendous. With theexception of the zoom LBJ IV,the zoom bb, and the zoom flight motion both Nike and JB have not put out anything eye-catching or technically innovative.

P.S. Somebody down at JB needs to be fired for the colorways that have been put out lately ( Look at the cinder VIII lows ).

Somehow your post reminded me of Scoop Jackson
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Contrary to what many think, it's not like Mike is the CEO at JB & has a hand in everything that goes down. Hegets paid, but it's not his company in an ownership sense. I think the Larry Jordan hoody pretty much solidified that MJ doesn't have to sign off onevery release/product. And it's not the designer's job to cater to the athlete; the athlete is paid to endorse the shoe, hence he's still only anemployee. I don't pat Mike on the back for his genius on utilizing elephant print on the III's but I don't bash him for the non-functional shroudon the XIX at the same time. Most players with their own sig shoe are involved in the design process, but not to the point where they are to blame or praisefor the design.

word up
smh.gif
at people playing the blame game over some damn SHOES
if any thing we should be playing the blame game on more important $$+# like the war, or gas prices
its just shoes if you like em buy em if you dont then do it movin...

Originally Posted by metalmaned

People hate just to hate!!! In 5 or 10 years down the raod the 21's, 22's and 23's will all be beasted over and loved... Mark my words!!! You think EVERYONE loved the 3's, 4's and 5's when they came out??? Hell no!! You had people out there that didn't like a shoe being so "strange" looking to what they were used to... It always happens!!! Just like when a car manufacturer changes a body on a car that you've liked, you might hate on it saying it's ugly but after awhile it grows on you and you like it!!!!
you're right man...word to the AJ XIs

People are going to hate no matter what. Ironically, it's all caused by shoes, which see more dirt than the back of Forest Whitaker's neck. Personally,I don't care. I buy what I like, and if I don't, you won't catch me writing hate mail to anyone who had something to do with the design of theproduct.

More to your topic, the collectors aren't the target market anymore. Ask any long-time NT members how much the game has changed. I ain't been on herelong, but I ain't that young either. There are so many hypebeasts out here, and Jordan Brand are catering to them.

Want to change this situation? You can't. As soon as people realize that, we won't hear this so often: "JB is butchering a classic!"

Buy it or don't. Simple as that.

Niketalk only wants Jordans 1 thru 14, original colors, original makeups stitching, glue, etc.

Jordan Brand not listening to those on NikeTalk = Global phenom.

Go Gentry, boo JB's NikeTalk critics.

Gentry, is that you?
laugh.gif

Contrary to what many think, it's not like Mike is the CEO at JB & has a hand in everything that goes down. He gets paid, but it's not his company in an ownership sense. I think the Larry Jordan hoody pretty much solidified that MJ doesn't have to sign off on every release/product. And it's not the designer's job to cater to the athlete; the athlete is paid to endorse the shoe, hence he's still only an employee. I don't pat Mike on the back for his genius on utilizing elephant print on the III's but I don't bash him for the non-functional shroud on the XIX at the same time. Most players with their own sig shoe are involved in the design process, but not to the point where they are to blame or praise for the design.

^^^^ Theres ur answer....

Originally Posted by SLP Product

Because nowadays designs are uninspired and regurgitated, they take design cues and ideas from some other products (like new cars, planes, old sneakers from other companies and whatever other overpriced luxury toy MJ seems to like at the moment) that have no relation or reason to be put on a basketball sneaker, and then try to find some exotic and flamboyant new colors and materials to slap all over a shoe, and to top it off they call these monstrosities limited and overprice them.

To be honest the athletes probably dont really care how good a shoe looks ( just look at the Kobe III's ), as long as they get that fat check. I mean MJ himself has gone through 23 incarnations of his sig. shoe so that would explain him giving the OK on the last 3 even though they are horrendous. With the exception of the zoom LBJ IV,the zoom bb, and the zoom flight motion both Nike and JB have not put out anything eye-catching or technically innovative.

P.S. Somebody down at JB needs to be fired for the colorways that have been put out lately ( Look at the cinder VIII lows ).
I dont understand the point of your first line. I dont think the designers and other associates at JB are scientist. U have to find inspiration fromanywhere in order to create new product. What do you want from these guys? If they have to get inspiration from planes, cars, motorcycles..ect to help create abetter performing shoe, by all means do it. I think your just looking for the next Gimmick..i.e shox, air max, pump, zip, IPS. I can agree with your stance onprice though. With the dwindling USD im definitly looking for a bargain. I dont think a player actually cares how good a shoe looks either...but I think youthink they dont care cause their getting a phat check. I think most players dont care about how they look because they care more about how they perform. I meanAlonzo Mourning is still wearing them old Hi top Nike Jawns....Baron Davis is still wearing Iversons.....ect.

Back
Top Bottom