why is Canibus going at J. Cole for?

According to some on this board though, people aren't supposed to take a rapper's career/legacy into account when it comes to disses. !#%# that
laugh.gif

Canibus is a joke.

I'm assuming this is what happened...The fact that someone RELEVANT actually brought up Canibus's name which in return got Canibus extremely excited..So Canibus assuming J Cole will do anything for him since Canibus is his idol asked to be down with Cole or maybe do a track together..Cole declined or probably took to long to do the song and that got Canibus pissed and then decided to start dissing him...I think its more personal than Canibus trying to gain anything from dissing cole...

Originally Posted by Prada G

Canibus is still alive?
Canibus and J. Cole... talk about two musicians I could care less about.

Damn son
laugh.gif

this explanation letter tho 
roll.gif
roll.gif

Currently, new artists such as J Cole have continuously mentioned me as their favorite artist, shouted me out in articles, magazine/online interviews, and even gone as far as starting off show sets by playing some of my earlier material to warm up the audience and give off the impression that he is real hip hop and loves real lyricism. Cole might say he does this to pay homage, but in reality, by him playing my older material owned by my former label dating back to 1998, subsequently overlooking my current works and contributions which directly benefit me now, he is treating me less like an artist that has, and continues to contribute, influence, and inspire an even younger generation of MC’s coming up, and more like an artist that has physically passed on already(i.e. Tupac, B.I.G., Big L, Heavy D, Eyeda): you get the point I’m trying to make. I can’t help but to think that he is not nearly as sincere or genuine as he would like real hip hop heads to think he is because he speaks about me like I am dead. What he is doing is underhanded and disingenuous and whether it is his idea or not, I don’t agree with his tactic and I have something to say about it.

Some might look to label me as an older head picking on a younger head who claims to have been influenced by me, but I refuse to let anyone including him stand on what we built, and pompously extract only the parts that suit them and their undermining intentions under the guise of “paying homage

Originally Posted by LuketheJediKnight

According to some on this board though, people aren't supposed to take a rapper's career/legacy into account when it comes to disses. !#%# that
laugh.gif

Canibus is a joke.
If the diss was actually good responses would be different. Canibus is a trash rapper, always has been, that's why he's a joke.

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

laugh.gif

Canibus is a joke.
If the diss was actually good responses would be different. Canibus is a trash rapper, always has been, that's why he's a joke.

Keep acting like the two aren't related
laugh.gif

You think public perception and career standing don't play a factor? Canibus could rip J Cole with 1000 bars, at the end of the day, he's Canibus. And the rest of the mainstream music world couldn't care a +%+# less.

Totally out of left field! This is hot garbage. Cole needs to ignore this wackness and keep it moving.

roll.gif
@ the explanation letter!

SMH at these rappers always expecting someone to give them a handout.

overlooking my current works and contributions

But your current work is trash tho...

Canibus = Lil Kim

So true and so sad...

m assuming this is what happened...The fact that someone RELEVANT actually brought up Canibus's name which in return got Canibus extremely excited..So Canibus assuming J Cole will do anything for him since Canibus is his idol asked to be down with Cole or maybe do a track together..Cole declined or probably took to long to do the song and that got Canibus pissed and then decided to start dissing him...

I can't imagine that J Cole wouldn't have worked with Canibus, what I did notice is that Bus doesn't say that he actually interfaced with J Cole at all. It's obvious that the legal portion of what Cole was trying to do was done. He is probably sitting in New York thinking that he did right by Canibus by even playing those clips.

This is so sad for hip-hop...

*Ya'll will never believe what happened, I was looking up when Poet Laureate Infinity came out and found the mirror for the website with the mixing board on it http://canibuscentral.ihi...media/pli_mixing_board/, so I'm trying to figure out why I can't get these Canibus vocals to clear out and why the beat sounds so jumbled. Itunes randomly pulled up "For Who The Beat Tolls" and was playing it in the background.

Funny!

It was 2007 by the way and to complete my thought, it was the last time he had done anything worth noting or mentioning.

laugh.gif

Canibus is a joke.

laugh.gif

You think public perception and career standing don't play a factor? Canibus could rip J Cole with 1000 bars, at the end of the day, he's Canibus. And the rest of the mainstream music world couldn't care a +%+# less.
Pretty much. I've checked for Canibus' stuff here and there, especially from 98-04, but that specific diss was pure garbage. Sounded
like he recorded it on some Casio cassette player. Sure, he could rip Cole in half, but like you said, no one would care. If a diss is
good, than it's good. But this one was trash, and should be swept under the rug pretty quick.

laugh.gif

Canibus is a joke.
laugh.gif

I didn't say any of that. I said if the diss was actually good the responses would be different. J. Cole isn't on the status where he can just straight up ignore a good diss coming his way.

That's probably one of the main problems with rappers separating themselves when it comes to a rap battle. You'd claim a rapper isn't good enough to get a response because of their career or status instead of the quality of the rapper and the diss track where'd use excuses about who's "relevant". You just be straight up saying you don't like diss tracks or rap battles and you're okay if one of your fav rappers simply isn't good at it.

Of course it is my opinion that diss or not, Canibus was never a good rapper to begin with and that speaks volumes much more than if he had a good career or not with said trash music.

laugh.gif

I didn't say any of that. I said if the diss was actually good the responses would be different. J. Cole isn't on the status where he can just straight up ignore a good diss coming his way.

That's probably one of the main problems with rappers separating themselves when it comes to a rap battle. You'd claim a rapper isn't good enough to get a response because of their career or status instead of the quality of the rapper and the diss track where'd use excuses about who's "relevant". You just be straight up saying you don't like diss tracks or rap battles and you're okay if one of your fav rappers simply isn't good at it.

Of course it is my opinion that diss or not, Canibus was never a good rapper to begin with and that speaks volumes much more than if he had a good career or not with said trash music.

Your last paragraph is the point I'm getting at. It IS opinion when it's all said and done, but it's alot easier to look better with a diss when you're at least hot and/or got a solid and loyal fanbase. Nowadays, Canibus is lacking in both areas espeically compared to Cole. Any "amazing" diss (which is again, an opinion) is gonna be met with yawns from much of Cole's fanbase, especially those who don't care about beef and who also point to what the two rappers are currently doing. You just look salty if anything else.

At least we can agree that son's always been trash. Could never get into his music.

Canibus is not for everyone...he is probably one of the most gifted and talented lyricist of all time.  His exchanges with the entire Wu-Tang Clan are legendary and his pedigree as a battle rapper is cemented.

Snowball affect here is in place...NT sheep still in full affect, good to see things don't change. 

Back
Top Bottom