Why is Father's Day such a bitter holiday?

But on the real. Ok, your daddy wasn't ****. If you don't have a NOT ONE father figure to celebrate on Father's Day, then sadly, your mama ain't **** either.

DF!!![/quote]

What if moms passed away before u were even a teen and your bio father has never been there for u? What if the slightest father figure u had died a few years later, too, after not seeing/speaking to him for six years? Does that mean she ain't ****?

Lowkey, never really had a father figure. Never celebrated this holiday in my life and I'm damn near 27. I'm doing all right for myself tho.

I've never really had a desire for a family of my own and I'm starting to realize it's partially cuz I didn't really have one growing up.

I'm not bitter tho, I wish all my responsible fathers out there the best today.

Ain't eem mad that my dad wasn't in my life.  Made room for the greatest father figure I could have ever asked for: 
I have my dad and made room for his influence, who says you have to choose?
laugh.gif

Post reminds me of this time last year...

Was smashing a chick with a kid...was hitting from May until about the end of June 2012. 

She sends a text on Father's day talking bout I know you're not a father but this time next year you will be a father because I'm going to have your child. 

***** please.

grin.gif

Cut her off quick. 
sick.gif
Good ******* call. These ******* is crazy.

On topic tho, as stated in the thread, there's at least 360 other days where they can express sentiments of bitterness and ill will towards absentee fatherism. Today is about celebrating the fathers that actually handle their business. Hell, the number of missing fathers is all the more reason to let the good ones have their shine for a day.

It's just another example of the minimization and trivialization of the role of fathers in our society. A single mother can never replace male influence in a child's life (ESPECIALLY where boys are concerned), and to even suggest she can is dismissive to what the paternal concept is all about...at least, that's my theory.

i know a mom that has two raise two separate kids because both of the "dads" were dead beats and her instagram photo was her drinking a beer saying happy fathers day to me. A single parent in that situation has to be both mom/dad which sucks for the kids.

:rofl: so she didnt learn from the first one? she put herself in that position, cheers to her.

LoL, for someone to be a single parent 3 things need to be

1. Someone died
2. POS dad
3 POS mom

That's it

For someone to have multiple kids with multiple dads and still be alone??? Lol

are you serious?

364 days outta the year and you feel on the ONE day that's for the pops, it's completely justified to crap on their own dads?

That's wack.. Straight up...

Nobody says this about mothers day.

Yes it's justified. If you see a bum out on the street today high out of his mind, entertain the possibility that he might have a child or two somewhere. Dies that kid have a right to be bitter on fathers day and post a status, tweet or plain and simply say it out loud?

The only people getting offended by these posts are the ones with good fathers. You complain about seeing these bitter posts, but put yourself in those people's shoes, it ain't the easiest day in the world. Other families put him on a pedestal today, you don't even get a phone call.

are you serious?

364 days outta the year and you feel on the ONE day that's for the pops, it's completely justified to crap on their own dads?

Yes it's justified. If you see a bum out on the street today high out of his mind, entertain the possibility that he might have a child or two somewhere. Dies that kid have a right to be bitter on fathers day and post a status, tweet or plain and simply say it out loud?

The only people getting offended by these posts are the ones with good fathers. You complain about seeing these bitter posts, but put yourself in those people's shoes, it ain't the easiest day in the world. Other families put him on a pedestal today, you don't even get a phone call.
BS.

My dad walked out of my life when I was six years old, severed all contact, and owes my mom six figures in child support.  If anyone should be bitter today, it's me.  However, I'm not bitter at all.  Why? Because I realize that for every one dad like mine there's five others that genuinely care about their children and would do anything in the world for them.  So please...let the dads have their day.  The only thing single mothers accomplish by posting things like this on Father's Day is displaying what bitter, salty, crass people they are to the rest of their social network.  Gloat all you want on Mother's Day, that's fine.  Just let the dads have their day.

^^^ I can understand that. What bothers me is the people with good fathers who question why someone would write a bitter post about their pops on fathers day...like this day is a celebration for all fathers and the bitter sons and daughters are just party poopers. You are a good example of how to handle this day commendably, but not every fatherless child is able to do this, that needs to be acknowledged and respected as well.

are you serious?

I still don't see how that justifies people to go on rants about family issues specifically today though, when they never really mention it any other time....the holiday isn't about bashing dead beats, those men aren't fathers. Simply biological dads, or glorified sperm donors in my eyes. It's celebrating those who deserve to be celebrated for having impacts on young people's lives if they are their own kids or even if they aren't their own children or family.

I fully understand its tough to not have someone to call or have a father involved in someone's life, but most of those without a true father have a mother who worked extremely hard to raise them, they deserve all the credit in the world on Mother's Day. Just like there's some who don't celebrate Mother's day b/c their mom is strung out on drugs or is an alcoholic and hasn't been involved in their lives other than the birth who don't sit and air out their problems on Mother's day, the same should be done on Father's day. There's quite a few people I know who fit the latter case and they never take the time to lament their moms, I don't see how bashing makes anything better, especially on social media thats not really the place for that imo. If doesn't make anyone any less of a person or anything at all to have one parent actively in their life instead of two, everyone's family has its own problems and skeletons. To me it makes more sense to talk about deadbeat parents on the opposing "holiday" or gloat about being a single parent, while celebrating the parent who did their job....and not on the one where its reserved for real moms/dads or other maternal and paternal figures to be celebrated.

I don't even have a real problem with it...more so I wonder what is that accomplishing by doing so?

Last edited:

I'm sorry but your completely wrong.

Last edited:
^^^ please elaborate. I'm open to changing my opinion on the matter, but I need some convincing. I just don't think people with fathers are allowed to judge people without for what they think, feel, or say on fathers day.

It's selfish. The mindset they have. I'm sorry for people's individual situations but to crap on Father's Day as a whole is a slap in the face to good fathers. If you know today is a day paying homage to good fathers, why air your personal family dirty laundry out today. It just comes across as selfish, egotistical, and trivial to me.

I feel the same way for those who have bad mothers and diss Mother's Day as a whole due to their individual problem.

Just respect the day there good fathers out there even good baby daddy's if a man is paying he's child support and the child is eating and has clothes and shoes toys that's a good thing people don't realize it takes two to make a baby

^^^ please elaborate. I'm open to changing my opinion on the matter, but I need some convincing. I just don't think people with fathers are allowed to judge people without for what they think, feel, or say on fathers day.

i have my father in my life and talk to him every day. my mom though walked out of me and my sisters life when i was 16 and moved across the country. havent talked to her since, and i would never once ever think its ok to bring in anything negative about my mom on mothers day

Don't feed the troll.
Case and point, women birth children... Vaginas cant be fathers, you're just a good mother for handling biz accordingly.

I still don't see how that justifies people to go on rants about family issues specifically today though, when they never really mention it any other time....the holiday isn't about bashing dead beats, those men aren't fathers. Simply biological dads, or glorified sperm donors in my eyes. It's celebrating those who deserve to be celebrated for having impacts on young people's lives if they are their own kids or even if they aren't their own children or family.

I fully understand its tough to not have someone to call or have a father involved in someone's life, but most of those without a true father have a mother who worked extremely hard to raise them, they deserve all the credit in the world on Mother's Day. Just like there's some who don't celebrate Mother's day b/c their mom is strung out on drugs or is an alcoholic and hasn't been involved in their lives other than the birth who don't sit and air out their problems on Mother's day, the same should be done on Father's day. There's quite a few people I know who fit the latter case and they never take the time to lament their moms, I don't see how bashing makes anything better, especially on social media thats not really the place for that imo. If doesn't make anyone any less of a person or anything at all to have one parent actively in their life instead of two, everyone's family has its own problems and skeletons. To me it makes more sense to talk about deadbeat parents on the opposing "holiday" or gloat about being a single parent, while celebrating the parent who did their job....and not on the one where its reserved for real moms/dads or other maternal and paternal figures to be celebrated.

I don't even have a real problem with it...more so I wonder what is that accomplishing by doing so?
exactly we dont do it on any other day.... sme ppl maybe athiest....but they dont go on and on and have rants about how ppl are ignorant/stupid and bash religion on easter/christmas.

That be like going out your way to bash and hate hard on mexicans etc...on cinco de mayo...just because u had a bad experience with  mexican. To be real with you, regardless of not having a father in your life, ppl should pay homage to the father figures they had in their lives. And if you cant do that really shows how selfish ignorant and inconsiderate them folks mom must have been to not atleast place a upstanding positive father figure in their lives,

So if you wanna be mad and bash someone, bash your moms for not thinking enough of you to at the very least place positive males in your life as an example a template if you will on how to become a man. And if she couldnt at the very least find a/some positive upstanding men to be a guidance in your life, you maybe need to reevaluate your mom and the whole reason you dont have your father in your life at all. Cause if she cant even keep a positive male around her even on some platonic ish just to be a role model...ya moms got some serious issues.

Only issue I have with it is the people who go out of their way to downplay the significance of the day. There are plenty of great fathers out there, including myself, and it's appreciated though if the day didn't exist I wouldn't shed a tear. Fact of the matter is to say "Happy Father's Day to all the single mother's out there handling their business" is simple and "selfish" they had their day in May, let the men who are actually doing the right things and being good fathers enjoy their day. Rant about how 3 dudes knocked u up and left u the following Monday

Back
Top Bottom