Why is Father's Day such a bitter holiday?

rex ryan

Banned
I'm sure this weekend you'll see corny posts like this on your Facebook newsfeed and on twitter.

"Happy Father's Day to my mom"

"Happy Father's Day to me because I play mom and dad"

I never understood this bitterness. There's a holiday called Mother's Day which is celebrated in May which pays homage to mothers.

It's inevitable, there's going to be bitterness this Sunday from some people but I don't get it. Personally I feel bad for those who grew up without their dad in their life, and those who's child's father hit it and dipped but they should keep their negativity about their individual situation to themselves this Sunday.

Yeah I know, cool story bro. But feel free to discuss.

if you don't get it you don't get it. i see how you may see those posts as "corny" but you're judging a situation you don't really know about. there are a lot of mothers out there who do play both roles and if that's how they pat themselves on the back more power to them.

if you don't get it you don't get it. i see how you may see those posts as "corny" but you're judging a situation you don't really know about. there are a lot of mothers out there who do play both roles and if that's how they pat themselves on the back more power to them.

Understood but that's selfish on their part. They have a holiday all for themselves in May. Sunday is Father's Day which is to pay homage to fathers. Last I recall women don't have a penis so they shouldn't try and steal the spotlight.

Like I said, I'm sorry for those who grew up without a dad in their life but its very selfish for them to make a holiday like Father's Day all about their individual situation.

I'd feel the same way if draya's son posted something like "happy Mother's Day to my dad" because her mom is more concerned with her career then her.

Post reminds me of this time last year...

Was smashing a chick with a kid...was hitting from May until about the end of June 2012. 

She sends a text on Father's day talking bout I know you're not a father but this time next year you will be a father because I'm going to have your child. 

***** please.

grin.gif

Cut her off quick. 

Last edited:
its bitter because most fathers that havent played a vital role in there sons/daughters life want to be acknowledged on a day that is meant for them.

its that double standard bs. it IS corny, and selfish imo.
U ever heard single dads on moms day sayin **** like "happy mothers day to the single fathers out here".....

I agree.
I never felt an emotional connection with that Fresh Prince episode either.

They aren't fathers though. All hell would break loose if a dad who was raising a child by himself said Happy Mother's Day to me. No woman could play the role that a father does. None.
[h1]Maria Lloyd: Father’s Day Is For Fathers, NOT Single Mothers[/h1]
June 12, 2013 | Filed under: News | Posted by: Maria Lloyd

•  

by Maria Lloyd

Far too often, arrogant single mothers will claim they are playing the role of both parents and expect to be acknowledged on Father’s Day. These women fail to realize that although they may be taking on double the financial and emotional stress of raising a child, they will never play the role of a father figure because, simply put, they’re not men.

My mother, who raised me alone due to my father’s incarceration, would never accept recognition on Father’s Day for her hard work as a single mother because she realized there are things that a woman is physically and mentally incapable of teaching a child. The absence of a child’s father does not mean the child is to be without a father figure. My mother knew this and kept me very close to my grandfather, who served as a prime example of how a man should treat the women he loves, until his untimely death.

A mother who fails to find trustworthy father figures in her child’s life is a mother who is too blinded by her own ego to make decisions in the best interest of her children. Quite frankly, this type of woman is not a mother at all. She’s a selfish, pity-party-throwing, egotistical female who wants the entire world to be punished for a bad decision she made to become pregnant by a man that wants absolutely nothing to do with her. Sadly, it appears as if a number of modern-day single mothers treat their children more like an expensive Louis Vuitton purse to sport on their hip and brag about with their peers as opposed to an actual human being whose life is drastically altered by the good and bad decisions she makes.

A mother who wants to be acknowledged on Father’s Day is a woman who lacks basic intelligence and is more than likely a single mother for that very reason. Let’s celebrate fathers on Father’s Day, not egotistical women.

my old man always been there for me I'm always there for my kids i aint got no problem with fathers day

i hate cats who dont take care of their kids

I see both sides, but it almost makes me feel guilty or like I'm bragging if I post something about my pops being great though...I know several people whose moms are deadbeats and they don't take time to bash mothers on Mother's Day like sooooo many people do on Father's Day

I never say it this week. Was kind of happy this is going to be my first father's day 
laugh.gif

on another note, I remember that fresh prince episode brought a tear to my eye

I see both sides, but it almost makes me feel guilty or like I'm bragging if I post something about my pops being great though...I know several people whose moms are deadbeats and they don't take time to bash mothers on Mother's Day like sooooo many people do on Father's Day

No need to feel bad about it. If your dad is a good man, it SHOULD be celebrated.

my old man always been there for me I'm always there for my kids i aint got no problem with fathers day

i hate cats who dont take care of their kids
Agree fam 100%, i was very fortunate to have a great father that taught me the streets but kept me off them. Most if not all my friends i grew up with never even meet their pops. And i promise to be the best father to my kids, shout out to all the fathers that stayed and took care of theirs!!!

its bitter because most fathers that havent played a vital role in there sons/daughters life want to be acknowledged on a day that is meant for them.

QFT!!

Like you said....its one day a year...if one day a year some single mothers want to point out they did it all on their own....im cool with it....now if they complain about it all the time....no thanks...but let them cook (double entendre)

No need to feel bad about it. If your dad is a good man, it SHOULD be celebrated.

Yeah you right, and I definitely let him know how much I appreciate him, but I just see consistent attacks of "fathers" on that day :smh: :smh:.

Last edited:

QFT!!

Like you said....its one day a year...if one day a year some single mothers want to point out they did it all on their own....im cool with it....now if they complain about it all the time....no thanks...but let them cook (double entendre)
They can't do that on Mother's Day?

QFT!!

They can't do that on Mother's Day?

they get 2 days a year :lol: my bad. I guess i am bias since i was raised by my mom who worked 3 jobs to keep our house and provide best she could for me and my sister. If she wanted to brag every day of the year that she was both mom and dad, then she should because she deserves it.

Back
Top Bottom