Why is HGH looked down upon?

Seriously, what's the big deal? In my rotations, I've seen kids, 10-13 years old get HGH injections, because they werent developing "fast enough" granted, giving it to kids is a problem to me, but to grown men? Is whey protein, creatine, glutamine, NO2, hell even Red Bulls not performance enhancers? You cant even have more than 2 cups of coffee before an event in the Olympics. So why is it considered "cheating"? I never heard of performance enhancers help hand-eye coordination, or a QB being more accurate or a RB improving his vision to hit holes or a LB hitting his spots better. Discuss.

R.I.P. - Qbs King32, IM MADDDD, U MADDDD, Dr Fede

QB'SFINEST​
VIA Dade County​

Because you already have the hand eye coordination, timing, etc. and the performance enhancer enhances the brute part of that.

Good points, what about Jason Giambi? Also, like those kids I referred to getting injections, what if they play professionally will they be considered cheaters??

QB'SFINEST​
VIA Dade County​

kids take it under PRESCRIPTION from a doctor, to help stunted growth

Giambi and all those guys were taking it illegally with no prescription, to help them gain an unfair advantage in their sport.

that's the difference.
TEAM NTWikia

Quote:
I never heard of performance enhancers help hand-eye coordination, or a QB being more accurate or a RB improving his vision to hit holes or a LB hitting his spots better. Discuss.
TEAM SINISTER

Shopping at The Leftorium since 1977.

Quote:
kids take it under PRESCRIPTION from a doctor, to help stunted growth
growing until 14 or 15, hell I even grew 6 inches over a summer. Most of them were brought in by fathers and some had older siblings playing sports.

QB'SFINEST​
VIA Dade County​

my mother is a pediatrician.. personally she doesn't believe in medicating everything and neither do i, but if the parents ask for it she will still prescribe it for the kids

some of these kids are really frail, like in high school and 4'11 95 lbs. and she can look at their discs to predict their future growth curve pretty accurately, if they are gonna end up only being 5'2-5'4 i can't blame them for taking HGH
TEAM NTWikia

Because if you allow in in the pro's, then minor leagues do it. College kids then do it....then high school kids.

It won't stop, and it won't be very healthy for anyone.

That is my guess, it just opens a can of worms if allowed in one area or sport
Team Economics​
From Keynes to Friedman, we know what's up.​
Member of the Steeler Nation
IX, X, XIII, XIV, XL Champions​

According to Wiki

Side Effects of HGH:

* Edema (retention of fluids) in extremities[3]
* Arthralgia (joint pain)[3]
* Carpal tunnel syndrome[3]
* Hypertension
* Diabetes and other glucose metabolism imbalances[3]
* Gynecomastia (enlargement of male mammary glands)[3]
* Enlargement of Testicles

TEAM CLEVELAND CAVS
James, D.Brown, S.Brown, Gibson, Hughes, Z, Damon, D.Jones, Marshall, Newble, Gooden, Bruise,Nichols, Simmons, Snow, Sasha​

And I always thought HGH was produced from Human Glands to help reproduce something or another. I don't see how somethin produced from the human body taken by everyone is bad.

But I think it is way more to it however. I think some people use Growth Hormones from Rhinos and stuff.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++​
Gratuitus For Sale Plug: DS & VNDS Size 10.5 & 11XII's XIII's V's XIX XIX SEs 2K3s 2K4s VC's​

with HGH in particular, it's often prescribed to older people and people recovering from surgery because it helps with recovery processes. so, for an example, a football player taking HGH is clearly at a physical advantage over those that don't by being able to better and more quickly recover from the injuries and physical damage incurred during a game.

^ HGH is made by the body. but so are steroids. in both cases if your body is making the proper amount of the chemical, you're fine and dandy. but in excess, as when given via injections and such, the levels are too high and they have negatvie side effects, which is why your body, under normal conditions, doesn't make them in large quantities. it's like cancer - your body making new cells is 100% normal and vitally essential to life. but start making too many and you have a deadly disease.

HGH for children? Is this a joke? I understand parents can pretty much clear anything that goes into their children, but giving HGH to kids because their growth projections aren't in line with their career projections is insane.

My growth projection as a child was 5'9" 160. I'm 6'3" 175. It's foolish to presume you can play god with a child's growth.
TEAM CHICAGO BULLS
SIX-TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS: 1991.1992.1993.1996.1997.1998​

I didn't even read your post but :stoneface:
indifferent.gif

Quote:
HGH for children? Is this a joke? I
|I
tired.gif
ing at age 5. It has nothing to do with tryin to make a robo child. Its to have a normal child.

sometimes, I just dunno ....

[color=ff0000]P[/color][color=ff3333]H[/color][color=ff6666]I[/color][color=ff9a9a]L[/color]A 76[color=9a9aff]E[/color][color=6666ff]R[/color][color=3333ff]S[/color]
[color=000066]S[/color][color=0000FF]T[/color][color=6699FF]L[/color] R[color=FFFF99]A[/color][color=FFFF33]M[/color][color=FFFF00]S[/color]

i don't think HGH for children is a bad thing. it's not like it's just being given out to everyone, or it's being given out to make a normal kid be 6'4" so he can play professional sports or something. using wrist bone and spinal measurements, doctors can very accurately determine future height from a very young age. if someone is projected to be well under 5'0" i don't think it's unreasonable to prescribe them HGH. and, even then, it's up to the parents to decide whether they want their children on the drugs.

the same applies for steroids. it's not just done on a whim or for people who are below average in size. a kid i knew in high school was prescribed steroids. he was somewhere about 13 at the time, around 6'3" and about 110-115 lbs. that's not healthy. his bones and muscles are constantly at risk of being broken/injured just from everyday activity.

and, as someone else mentioned, these are naturally occurring chemicals. in normal levels in the human body, they are perfectly good and not damaging. kids have natural levels of HGH and steroids in them. it's when these levels are too low that they are prescribed.

"Its to have a normal child."

What's a normal child? This sounds like selective medicine with no real statistical results showing it can do anything about the future growth of a human being.
TEAM CHICAGO BULLS
SIX-TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS: 1991.1992.1993.1996.1997.1998​

adolescence is the best time line to get benefits from hgh

for performance anyway, it cant hold a candle to testosterone
TEAM GET YOUR WEIGHT UP

Back
Top Bottom