Why Is It That Every Year Donovan McNabb Gets Tried By The Eagles Franchise?

Originally Posted by Juan Baller

Donovan deserves the flack, but not because of his play. Instead, because of the fact that he contributed to the T.O. situation. After a decade of throwing to awful awful awful receivers, he finally gets one of best receivers in the game... but he's not willing to make it work for a chance at winning a Super Bowl. You would think Donovan would have shown more patience with T.O.'s media tantrums.

I actually feel T.O. was justified for his insolent behavior during his 2nd season in Philadelphia. In his 1st season  in Philadelphia, T.O. showed that he instantly made the Eagles a serious Super Bowl contender. More importantly, he risked his career by rushing back from a that gruesome fractured fibula to play in the Super Bowl against doctors' orders. Given T.O.'s 2004 numbers (the Eagles were 13-1 and T.O. was leading the league in TD receptions when he got injured in Week 15, then he came back to catch 9 receptions for 122 yards in the Super Bowl) and sacrifice for the chance to win a Super Bowl, the Eagles should've either paid T.O. commensurate with other top receivers or been more willing to put up with his antics. After how the Eagles franchise bungled the T.O. situation, I expect karma to keep their Super Bowl drought intact for a long time.

YES!!!
pimp.gif

mcnabb has always been my dude.. it's kinda sad that he will get a bum rep for things that were beyond his control:

- should have only been favored in 2 of those 5 NFC games (won 1 of the two).. the one against carolina (which he got hurt on a late hit cheap shot) and the one against falcons.. rams were the greatest show on turf at the time; and people only assumed we would beat tampa and arizona because we had beaten them previously

- westbrook got hurt before going into the playoffs the year we got kicked out by carolina

- even when TO was there, he got hurt just before the playoffs (did come back for the super bowl, but who knows what happens if he was there the whole time before.. and i hate to bring up spygate, but it has to factor in)

then his entire career he was not put in a position to succeed:

- not a great fit for the west coast offense (never been an accurate dude)

- and only the year he had TO and the past two years with DJax (and now maclin) has he had A good receiver (seriously.. dude played with todd pinkston, fred mitchell and james thrash most of his career)

BUTTTTTTTTTTTTT HAVING SAID ALL OF THAT..

i think they should trade him for as much as they can get (especially if the raiders do something BIG).. the eagles have gone with a youth movement (aside from our kickers.. only mcnabb, sheldon brown & juqua parker are over 30).. and have a chance to make the TEAM better long term..

i'll be sad to see him go.. but i firmly believe everyone is tradable (of course for the RIGHT PRICE).. if someone offers 3 first round picks for desean, i would pack his bags too (as much as i love dude.. but the value is just too much)

People will miss him when their team isnt in the playoffs/contender for 10 years.

Although, he doesnt have a super bowl hes had a dam good career.

Donovan deserves the flack, but not because of his play. Instead, because of the fact that he contributed to the T.O. situation. After a decade of throwing to awful awful awful receivers, he finally gets one of best receivers in the game... but he's not willing to make it work for a chance at winning a Super Bowl. You would think Donovan would have shown more patience with T.O.'s media tantrums.

I actually feel T.O. was justified for his insolent behavior during his 2nd season in Philadelphia. In his 1st season  in Philadelphia, T.O. showed that he instantly made the Eagles a serious Super Bowl contender. More importantly, he risked his career by rushing back from a that gruesome fractured fibula to play in the Super Bowl against doctors' orders. Given T.O.'s 2004 numbers (the Eagles were 13-1 and T.O. was leading the league in TD receptions when he got injured in Week 15, then he came back to catch 9 receptions for 122 yards in the Super Bowl) and sacrifice for the chance to win a Super Bowl, the Eagles should've either paid T.O. commensurate with other top receivers or been more willing to put up with his antics. After how the Eagles franchise bungled the T.O. situation, I expect karma to keep their Super Bowl drought intact for a long time.

This has gotta be the most flawed statement in this thread..and there is alot of them...
smh.gif

You totally dismiss the fact that Owens had his best season when McNabb was throwing him passes, and how Owens chose to join the Eagles based on the team's prior success. It's been well documented that anywhere T.O. has gone, controversy has come along with him. So please explain how it was McNabb's fault that Owens went on verbal tirades about the play of his QB when they both helped each other get to the Super Bowl in 2005...?

Owens throws good, productive QB's under the bus all of the time. Garcia, McNabb, and Romo all have had their share of problems with Owens over the years because the guy acts like a primadonna when things don't go his way or to his liking. The media did what it always does, and that's blow things out of proportion and publicize everything....plain and simple, Owens should've kept his mouth shut and went to work like like any other WR in the league...because it's not like the Eagles weren't competitive before he even got there.
eyes.gif

I think it could be a race thing or the fact that Donovan is TOO nice for that brutal city. Personally I'm gonna be pissed if he leaves, seeing as how Kolb hasn't proven a thing and our team is still good on the offensive side of the ball. I understand they may want to go with the youth movement but why cut it now while they are as good as they have been since TO was here. No matter what ANY of the idiot fans IN Philly or our rival teams say Donovan isn't the SOLE reason we haven't won a ring. Especially last season where our defense got roasted.

Sucks that our front office and coach get none of the blame for the horrible roster decisions this team makes year after year. (Dawkins, makeshift O-Line, old *%! linebackers, terrible WR's for years). If he is traded, they will regret it once Kolb starts messing up.

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

because he's not a GREAT quarterback

smh.gif

that's ridiculous. and i'm a giants fan

he should have left that **#% hole a long time ago. it's always pissed me off how the organization treated him.

and the fans? well get ready to have the patrick ewing curse. you guys will be crying for mcnabb for years to come

pimp.gif

Also, they should have never re-signed Vick. The only reason they did it is because they thought there would be several teams willing to trade for him and they were obviously wrong since they're dangling McNabb out there the most out of all 3 QB's.

They should have let Vick walk and have Kolb and McNabb duel it out this year and see who deserves to be around next season seeing as how both will be free agents. Philly's front office is clueless if they ship McNabb out for just a draft pick from Oakland and not Nnamdi as well.

i actually think philly would be doing oakland a favor by taking that albatross of a contract off of their hands (although i am 90% sure he would restructure the deal if he came to the eagles)

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

Also, they should have never re-signed Vick. The only reason they did it is because they thought there would be several teams willing to trade for him and they were obviously wrong since they're dangling McNabb out there the most out of all 3 QB's.

They should have let Vick walk and have Kolb and McNabb duel it out this year and see who deserves to be around next season seeing as how both will be free agents. Philly's front office is clueless if they ship McNabb out for just a draft pick from Oakland and not Nnamdi as well.

Nah they did it because they knew McNabb was a goner and they can't fully trust Kolb to be there without an experienced backup.

Originally Posted by AirUpHere23

This has gotta be the most flawed statement in this thread..and there is alot of them...
smh.gif

You totally dismiss the fact that Owens had his best season when McNabb was throwing him passes, and how Owens chose to join the Eagles based on the team's prior success. It's been well documented that anywhere T.O. has gone, controversy has come along with him. So please explain how it was McNabb's fault that Owens went on verbal tirades about the play of his QB when they both helped each other get to the Super Bowl in 2005...?

Owens throws good, productive QB's under the bus all of the time. Garcia, McNabb, and Romo all have had their share of problems with Owens over the years because the guy acts like a primadonna when things don't go his way or to his liking. The media did what it always does, and that's blow things out of proportion and publicize everything....plain and simple, Owens should've kept his mouth shut and went to work like like any other WR in the league...because it's not like the Eagles weren't competitive before he even got there.
eyes.gif

You should read what Juanballer wrote again. It honestly looks like you responded based what you think a
typical Owens supporter/Mcnabb detractor would say.

you cant put lipstick on a pig for ever.

Mcnabb never won anything of importance dude had a AMAZING run , and IMO gave up vs the patriots .

it blows my mind how the eagles did not win a super bowl in the 10 year run they had.

Back
Top Bottom