Why Is It That Every Year Donovan McNabb Gets Tried By The Eagles Franchise?

I just dont get it. He seems like a good guy and is an excellent player. Every year there is always trade rumors and what not. He is pretty successful quaterback and has always been solid why do the eagles continue to try him like they dont want to keep him?

i wish i knew, seems like eagles fans blame him every time they don't win the super bowl

He's getting older and the team haven't won anything with him. I still love Mcnabb but something needs to change to win

I thought it was always the fans that wanted him gone and the front office was the ones who always stood by him. I guess they just felt time has passed its course and its time for a new era.

The franchise and that city has never appreciated McNabb. No he doesn't have a ring but its not cause he didn't do enough.

They'll miss him when he's gone....

Donovan deserves the flack, but not because of his play. Instead, because of the fact that he contributed to the T.O. situation. After a decade of throwing to awful awful awful receivers, he finally gets one of best receivers in the game... but he's not willing to make it work for a chance at winning a Super Bowl. You would think Donovan would have shown more patience with T.O.'s media tantrums.

I actually feel T.O. was justified for his insolent behavior during his 2nd season in Philadelphia. In his 1st season  in Philadelphia, T.O. showed that he instantly made the Eagles a serious Super Bowl contender. More importantly, he risked his career by rushing back from a that gruesome fractured fibula to play in the Super Bowl against doctors' orders. Given T.O.'s 2004 numbers (the Eagles were 13-1 and T.O. was leading the league in TD receptions when he got injured in Week 15, then he came back to catch 9 receptions for 122 yards in the Super Bowl) and sacrifice for the chance to win a Super Bowl, the Eagles should've either paid T.O. commensurate with other top receivers or been more willing to put up with his antics. After how the Eagles franchise bungled the T.O. situation, I expect karma to keep their Super Bowl drought intact for a long time.

Originally Posted by Maximus Meridius

The franchise and that city has never appreciated McNabb. No he doesn't have a ring but its not cause he didn't do enough.

They'll miss him when he's gone....
I know I will, I definitely did and still do appreciate McNabb

^ Ugh, I thought you were gone forever.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom