Why is Kobe on the all defensive team??

now, don't get me wrong, I'm a huge kobe fan. but i think that wade should have made it over him. maybe even rondo.
anyone agree with me?

damn dude, let it go already
laugh.gif
it's called reputation...

what's worse is Chris Paul being on all-defense, when he has NO prior reputation for being a great defender, and got straight up abused by Billups...
smh.gif

^Chris Paul takes chances and creates steals. Other than that, he couldnt guard a statue. I 100% agree he has no business on all defensive teams.

Originally Posted by dland24

^Chris Paul takes chances and creates steals. Other than that, he couldnt guard a statue. I 100% agree he has no business on all defensive teams.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

because the NBA is rigged.

nah, but really, the system is flawed.

all the voters are old writers that don't really watch the game, and vote mainly based on name recognition, stats, and reputation.

disagree...watch Kobe: Doin' Work. just listen as he breaks down each play. he knows the game in and out, period.

Originally Posted by kobe82410

now, don't get me wrong, I'm a huge kobe fan. but i think that wade should have made it over him. maybe even rondo.
anyone agree with me?
Ummm ... Wade made it to the All Defensive Team ...or am i missing something here?

Originally Posted by Goldmember

anyone agree with me?
Ummm ... Wade made it to the All Defensive Team ...or am i missing something here?
Wade made it, but he was 2nd team. which is a travesty, after the insane defensive #s he put up... dude was a straight up monster on defense thisyear.

in reality, 1st team should have been

Wade
Battier
James
Garnett
Howard

but if they at least made it

Wade
Bryant
James
Garnett
Howard

i could have lived with that.... i just don't know how Wade was left off in favor of Chris Paul
smh.gif

Originally Posted by rockthisMIC

disagree...watch Kobe: Doin' Work. just listen as he breaks down each play. he knows the game in and out, period.

sure, kobe knows the game. but if you were spike were to make one on shane battier, it'd be like a 15 hour documentary. battier should have been 1st team

Originally Posted by Three6mafia2007

reputation and situational defending
exactly...

throw in a few highlight blocks and a steal here and there, and BAM overated defense..

*hes still my fav player in the L*

Didn't somebody say that the best defense is a good offense. I am just kidding but seriously though if you are taking 30 - 40 shots in a game then whoeveris guarding you is going to be too tired for offense. So in a way Kobe can shut down the man guarding him.

Originally Posted by rockthisMIC

sure, kobe knows the game. but if you were spike were to make one on shane battier, it'd be like a 15 hour documentary. battier should have been 1st team

why should battier be first team over kobe? because he puts his hand in bryant's face on every shot? i'm comparing their stats right now andshane's numbers are not better than kobe's. this is not only during the regular season, but also/especially when they matter (playoffs). (checkDWade's playoff numbers, as well.)

listen to how he guides his teammates with their matchups, as well. all i'm saying is that kobe is a defensive leader for LA and since basketball is a teamgame, i guess that just makes him that important defensively. therefore, IMHO he deserves it.

I'm a Hornets fan and I don't even see why Chris Paul is on the defensive team. Should've been Rondo.
Still happy though.

all the voters are old writers that don't really watch the game, and vote mainly based on name recognition, stats, and reputation.

The voters are the coaches, or at least someone on their or the team's staff.

Please find the thread discussing the All-Defensive Teams, READ IT, and then decide whether or not you have something other people may want to read when youbump an old thread to the first page.

Back
Top Bottom