Why is MSG considered the Mecca of basketball?

Why don't you ask steph curry. Because putting on a show like he did and getting slurped in a LOSS isn't happening if he did it in Toronto

All this okb **** riding is out of line

Wouldn't really say out of line but post is overrated. It was a bunch of weak points with expletives and increases in the size of the font on some parts. I can go out an dissect his points one by one, but it's like Sarah Pailin's already spoken to her tea party base and got them riled up by telling them what they want to hear.

it's a proven working formula that if you wanna get cheap lulz on this board to just say something negative about NY.

Been on this board for long enough to know to just filter it out at this point because it's just a third trolling to rustle NYer jimmies, a third trying to get easy lulz and be a cool guy on the board, and the other third jealousy mixed with the presumption that all NYers are arrogant so hey lets being em down.

It's funny because the knick fans here aren't arrogant at all and are actually some of the most chill people.

Last edited:
An NY'er not enjoying how good OKB's rant was... Shocking.

If you live in NY or grew up there you won't understand it. :lol:

Trying to break it down with facts :lol:

NYC awesome, have a blast every time I go. But NY'ers make it sound like utopia any chance they get.

Last edited:
Why don't you ask steph curry. Because putting on a show like he did and getting slurped in a LOSS isn't happening if he did it in Toronto

You're probably right, but that doesn't explain why the msg gets all this praise and the title of being the mecca of basketball. I understand that NY embraces basketball culture and that a lot of great players came out of that city, but what does that have to do with the msg being called the mecca of basketball?

You're probably right, but that doesn't explain why the msg gets all this praise and the title of being the mecca of basketball. I understand that NY embraces basketball culture and that a lot of great players came out of that city, but what does that have to do with the msg being called the mecca of basketball?

did you read the entire other thread posted...

i think you're looking into the Mecca thing too much...

Mecca is a city...NYC is a city

Al-Masjid Al-Haram is this...

View media item 595475
the center of the "holy city"

and if NYC was to have a center then by default it would be the Garden

but nobody is gunna go calling it the Al-Masjid Al-Haram of basketball :lol:

dude its just a saying, if you read through the old thread it should be enough for you to understand why people call it. not necessarily saying you should agree with it, but just saying you should understand why others would call it that.

Last edited:
An NY'er not enjoying how good OKB's rant was... Shocking.

If you live in NY or grew up there you won't understand it. :lol:

Trying to break it down with facts :lol:

NYC awesome, have a blast every time I go. But NY'ers make it sound like utopia any chance they get.

What did he say, that even us Knicks fans, didnt already know? The Knicks had a decade long dark period of utter incompetence. The Knicks haven't won a championship in 40 years. Constant exposure? What do you expect, we have 10 million people in 400 square miles in the media capital of the planet.

Death, taxes, and New York teams will always matter more to the media. You think Mariano Rivera would of got the attention he did if he didnt play for the Yankees?

there's a lot of history there, so i always understood it. over the years, big named players have always paid respect to the name as well. i personally could see other arenas getting crowned with that name as well though (boston, chicago, LA).

Back
Top Bottom