Why is Niketalk on YUKU again?

Yuku is absolutely terrible.  Threads goin' back in time, losing the last 6 pages.  Movin' slow as #%%*.  I'm over here tryin' to gloat in the College Basketball thread and I'm lookin' at posts from the first half.  You're telling me Yuku is the best thing out there for Niketalk?

Cameron Nelson is going to move us to VBulletin after he gets done with his Saturn.

But seriously, there are free social networking sites and msg boards that are better like Ning, SocialParody, and ProBoards

i agree dude but this thread has been made countless times and you're honestly just wasting your breath.

Be happy. Your squad won
smh.gif

This issue is one that deserves to be talked about until it's resolved, whether it's brought up every day or not.

I honestly think it needs a stickied thread. I know I have a few questions. I feel like it can't possibly malfunction for everyone equally. The last few weeks NT has been unbearable for me, to the point where I'm just not on here they way I used to be.

Disappearing post and threads are no longer an inconvenience. Yuku's antics are no longer an occasional thing, it's to the point where it's always messing up, every single day. I know for me viewing NT in real time certainly isn't possible for the MAJORITY of the day. These law few weeks I'd say NT has been functioning properly MAYBE 40% of the time. Which brings me back to my original question, is it that bad for everybody? I can't imagine it is.

I'm also surprised at the way the staff has handled this. I've heard the spiel many times about how they invest their time into this accepting nothing in return, and how we should all just be happy to be here, but I honestly feel that Meth and the rest of the admins have handled this whole situation poorly.

While I'll admit the staff owes individual members of the community very little, personally I do believe that they owe the community as a whole INFORMATION and I think they should take on the responsibility of informing us as to what is going on.

Why is this going on? other forums on the yuku server don't seem to be experiencing this magnitude of malfunction.

What would it take to leave yuku? We transitioned from ezboard to yuku, could we not transition from yuku to _______

Is there anything we can do help?

While these may seem like dumb questions, it's only because I along with most NTers are in the dark. I only ask these questions because EACH time this issue is brought up, mods/admins offer absolutely zero information and more often then not they resort to slick comments or they don't reply at all.

Just my two cents, the first and probably the last time I'll speak on this.

I have no issue with see threads like this all the time because this Yuku %%%* needs to end.

Meth needs to get this %%%* together.

Yuku sucks. Honestly, the only thing I ever mess with really is vBulletin and those phpBB boards or whatever.
I've set up a good 10 or so vBulletin boards. Sometimes it's a pain, but it can all be done within a day or so. I don't know about transferring all the data and what not, which would probably be the most difficult part of the process but seriously, Yuku sucks.

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

This issue is one that deserves to be talked about until it's resolved, whether it's brought up every day or not.

I honestly think it needs a stickied thread. I know I have a few questions. I feel like it can't possibly malfunction for everyone equally. The last few weeks NT has been unbearable for me, to the point where I'm just not on here they way I used to be.

Disappearing post and threads are no longer an inconvenience. Yuku's antics are no longer an occasional thing, it's to the point where it's always messing up, every single day. I know for me viewing NT in real time certainly isn't possible for the MAJORITY of the day. These law few weeks I'd say NT has been functioning properly MAYBE 40% of the time. Which brings me back to my original question, is it that bad for everybody? I can't imagine it is.

I'm also surprised at the way the staff has handled this. I've heard the spiel many times about how they invest their time into this accepting nothing in return, and how we should all just be happy to be here, but I honestly feel that Meth and the rest of the admins have handled this whole situation poorly.

While I'll admit the staff owes individual members of the community very little, personally I do believe that they owe the community as a whole INFORMATION and I think they should take on the responsibility of informing us as to what is going on.

Why is this going on? other forums on the yuku server don't seem to be experiencing this magnitude of malfunction.

What would it take to leave yuku? We transitioned from ezboard to yuku, could we not transition from yuku to _______

While these may seem like dumb questions, it's only because I along with most NTers are in the dark. I only ask these questions because EACH time this issue is brought up, mods/admins offer absolutely zero information and more often then not they resort to slick comments or they don't reply at all.

pimp.gif
 post.  Somebody need to start talkin' and givin' up some answers as to why we're still here.  The thing is, I'm sure there are a handful of NTers who would be more than welcome to give up their time to help either a) switch to a new board or b) help resolve the problem here at yuku.  All we ask is for some back and forth conversation between the community and the mods.   I honestly feel like a 10 year old on here sometimes and the mods feel they don't need to explain themselves.

Last night was THE worst.

You would go on the site and posts would be two hours behind. You'd then add a reply and then you'd be able to see all the posts (only if "stay in topic" was checked). This would have you feeling all giddy and you'd go to a desired forum and you might (1 out of 10) find the right time shown. Feeling all accomplished, one would do what any logical poster would, click on a desired topic. Once selected, the post would show the replies submitted two hours prior.

It wasn't just General either. It was Retro, Music, and S&T.

It was annoying as %*%!.

Edit: It's still going on. General seems to be fine though.

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

just mosey on over to yuku's support forum and look for all my posts there...  http://support.yuku.com/search/text/uid/292582
<edit>..here's a few snippets:
Re: Cache problems affecting posting timelines on Niketalk 
Re: Now Extremely Difficult to Post Using Cell Phones
Re: Is there something going on with the caching right now?
Re: Another Virus in the Ads?....
Re: Another Virus in the Ads?....
Redirecting Ad on Niketalk
http://support.yuku.com/reply/81651#reply-81651Re: Anyone experiencing more virus/spyware/malware issues?

and here's a couple nice bomb from Meth a while back...

http://support.yuku.com/r...issues-.html#reply-83265
http://support.yuku.com/r...issues-.html#reply-83510
</edit>

there's NOTHING(other than letting yuku's support team know) we can do short of changing platforms.
we gave Yuku the benefit of the doubt for a good while...but believe me...I've had it with Yuku....however, changing platforms isn't exactly easy with a board of this size and magnitude

i imagine this is what yuku support looks like behind the screens, if you can call them a support staff

computer_monkey.jpg

Its good to see the NT mods give a damn about it. I have yet to get a virus but i can tell it is screwing with all my cpus i use.

Back
Top Bottom