Why is Niketalk Partnering with ISS?

this is a PM between me and about the same issue

160jordansdeep
Jun 1, 2013 at 11:03 am
do you know or ever care that there is an advertisement for instyleshoes on here

are we going to see sole collector soon advertised on NT

i know you dont take care of the ad's but you should talk with the person that does

thanks

Methodical Manage...
Jun 1, 2013 at 3:42 pm
I'm aware of the Instyleshoes ad. Though Sole Collector was sold to Complex earlier this year, instyleshoes was sold to an individual a couple of years ago. He's actually a long time NT member and he wanted to advertise with NT to help repair the image of the site, which was tarnished by the previous owner's conduct, and give back to the community. (He's interested in supporting our donation drives, for example.)

I think it's kind of silly to hold a grudge against a business years after the person responsible for its failings has departed and completely divested himself of any holdings in it. Sole Collector is a separate entity.

Peace.

160jordansdeep
Jun 1, 2013 at 7:01 pm
i didnt know sole collector was sold to complex.

the same with iss

Methodical Manage...
Jun 1, 2013 at 9:29 pm
Yeah, Sole Collector is roughly the same thing since they maintained the same staff after the sale. ISS has a COMPLETELY different team than they used to. It's a new day for them and given their current owner's commitment to social responsibility I think it's a good fit. They're also eager to give back to NT users via contests/giveaways.

i feel the same way about it like 4wrestling

in the end it all comes down to money
and in this hobby that's what you need to keep going

if someone else is running iss or not
i would rather we be totally different sites

Last edited:
This situation is like Anakin Skywalker joining the dark side or Kevin Youkilis signing with the Yankees.

Thanks for the insight, 160. I'm sure Meth will chime in here as well.

Regardless, I still don't like it.

Reopen the community chest.  I'll make a donation rather than partnering with them.

np jeez i might even put some money in the pot to keep us separate from the other site or sites

but its not our call
either way its not too much of i big deal

btw i do trust method man and im sure hes doing what's good for the site

Last edited:
I don't see a problem with this. At this point, any grudge against ISS would be a grudge against their name only. That seems like a waste of energy to me.

Last edited:
iyuCY2uLdf52M.gif

damn did not even know ISS is still alive thought ************* just changed their name from it.

ISS rep will be tough to reinvent, pretty damn tarnished at this point.

Does this mean that we can't **** on iss anymore and pretend that our members are superior to theirs?

They'd have to rebrand themselves in.order for the public here to agree with it :/

Never knew that ISS and Sole Collector had been sold.  Interesting.

Yeah, I don't see the problem if they're under new management.

Back
Top Bottom