Why is Popeyes so slow

Sandwich was straight. Just too oily/greasy to my liking. Chicken breast was huge...pause.

Last edited:
Does raise a good point now that I think about it though. Its just ribeye, onions, probably some salt and pepper and cheese. Why in the hell is it so difficult for places to replicate right?

Because Ribeye ain't cheap

Jims, Dalessandros and Ishkabibbles are damn good. I didn’t care much for Pats and Genos.

Max’s in north Philly was pretty good. Spot from the first creed movie. I had it in the Philly airport, but I was pleasantly surprised with Tony Luke’s.

Tony Luke’s and Max’s are leading the second unit. I couldn’t remember Tony Luke’s name and totally forgot about Max’s. Pat’s and Geno’s are needed in the Starting 5 for veteran presence and earned the spot of rep/media hype alone.

Speaking of Philly airport....Chickie & Pete’s crab fries, though :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

That chickie and petes spot was cool. Had it when I went to a 76ers game a while back.

I need to go back to philly sometime soon just to make a one day trip to binge on cheesesteaks, go to the Mitchell and Ness store and Fat Tuesday’s.

That chickie and petes spot was cool. Had it when I went to a 76ers game a while back.

I need to go back to philly sometime soon just to make a one day trip to binge on cheesesteaks, go to the Mitchell and Ness store and Fat Tuesday’s.

I really only go to Chickie and Pete’s for those crab fries. That sauce is like crack.

That sounds like a bomb *** day :lol: I remember one time I had friends visiting and me and another guy split a Pat’s, a Geno’s and a Jim’s cheesesteak (so 1.5) on a Saturday afternoon. My toilet got lit UP bruh :lol:

Just tried the spicy for the first time. Not really ****ing w/ it...the "spicy" sauce not really that good. I like the regular better.

Plain + preferred Popeyes saws + hot saws is the mix
If it need all that, is it even good?

tenor.gif

I pulled up to my local Popeyes last Friday. Was told it was a 15-20 min wait. Decided to drive home and come back 10 mins later...only to be td there was a 30-45 min wait. I’m not eating that poor ^*%# anymore.

Guys, Um, It’s True: Popeyes Has the Best Fast Food Fried Chicken Sandwich and It Ain’t Even Close https://verysmartbrothas.theroot.co...erysmartbrothas_twitter&utm_campaign=sharebar via @verysmartbros

Guys, Um, It’s True: Popeyes Has the Best Fast Food Fried Chicken Sandwich and It Ain’t Even Close
verysmartbrothas.theroot.com/guys-um-its-true-popeyes-has-the-best-fast-food-frie-1837172221
Image: Popeyes
So let’s just get this out of the way immediately.

I’m a fan of sandwiches. I’m a fan of chicken that is cooked in preparation of me eating it. And I’m a fan of chicken that is fried before I eat it. Unfortunately, the marriage between these three is usually unsuccessful, as the fried chicken sandwich tends to be a better idea than an actual meal. Basically, the fried chicken sandwich is both the Cory Booker of sandwiches and the Kamala Harris of ways to eat fried chicken.

The reason for this is simple. The frying process requires a coating of some sort of breading on the chicken. When you add actual bread with that, you’re often left with just too many bread-like substances to be as enjoyable as you want it to be. But then if you try to overcompensate by having an extra-large piece of chicken, you’re left with too much meat. Also, larger pieces of meat take longer to marinate, prepare, and cook, so as the size increases the quality often decreases. (Also, related, it’s a fast-food fried chicken sandwich so no one really gives a ****.)

Anyway, the search for a proper fast-food fried chicken sandwich has traditionally been so saddled with failure that we’ve collectively allowed a Mike Pence-*** bird franchise to cook despite the fact that they ain’t even open on the day we most seek terrible food decisions. Why? Because they determined whichever formula needed determining. (Perhaps homophobia is the secret ingredient.) Others have tried. McDonald’s and Wendy’s particularly have made quasi-acceptable Chick-fil-A facsimiles—the equivalents of the people you’re cool with but don’t like enough to save their numbers in your phone. (What’s wild is that KFC hasn’t even really tried. I mean they have their little chicken snacker joints—which I think is just a nugget between two crackers—but that’s it. Are they too intimidated by Chick-fil-A’s success to even try to compete, or are they just good with being the Billy Joel of fried chicken?)

It’s with this historical context that I considered the idea that Popeyes—Popeyes!—now had the best fast food fried chicken sandwich with deep skepticism. Adding to the unwillingness to believe this is the fact that Popeyes are hard to find in the greater Pittsburgh area. There’s one in a shopping plaza on the South Side, and one in Monroeville, and that’s it. Basically, I’d have to make a trek to get one, and the only people who trek for fast food fried chicken sandwiches have recently lost arbitration hearings. Last Friday, however, I happened to run some errands that took me to Monroeville, and I decided to stop at their drive-thru on the way back home.

Like most products purchased from Popeyes, the sandwich looked uninspired and annoyed. Despondent even. Like an uncle at a cookout who literally just sat down for the first time all day but was just asked to make a store run for more cheese. It looked like it had other places to be. It looked like it’d rather be watching NCIS. But then I took a bite. And this is what happened in my head.

(Bite one) “Wait...what is happening?”

(Bite two) “How?”

(Bite three) “LOLOLOLOLOLOL!”

(Bite four) “THIS TENUOUS-LIVING-SITUATION-*** SANDWICH HAS NO ****ING BUSINESS BEING THIS GOOD!”

I’m not a fancypants food blogger like Kara Brown or Samantha Irby, so aside from superlatives and analogies, I don’t have much else to say. But I’ll try. It was tender. It was juicy. It was crunchy, but not too crunchy. It was tasty. It had the perfect bread-to-breading ratio. It had the right amount of meat. It had heft, but it wasn’t heavy. It had character, but it wasn’t trying too hard. It was soft in the right places, but tough when it needed to be, like Tim Meadows in Mean Girls. It was like watching John Wick 2, when those homeless men were assassins because this star-crossed-*** sandwich straight murdered my mouth.

I don’t remember how much it costs. But even if I did, if you’re the type of person who’d make an excursion for fast food fried chicken sandwiches, do things like “the cost of things” and “the color of your blood” even matter to you? Of course not. You obviously don’t give a **** about anything! So go treat yourself today and cop a Popeyes fried chicken sandwich. And then go to Chick-fil-A and eat it while in line. And then, once it’s time to take your order, leave the wrapper and a DVD boxset of Euphoria on the counter. And then...I don’t know what to do next because I haven’t thought this action out fully yet!

About the author
Damon Young
Damon Young is the editor-in-chief of VSB and a columnist for GQ.com. His debut memoir in essays, What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Blacker (Ecco/HarperCollins), is available for preorder.

Guys, Um, It’s True: Popeyes Has the Best Fast Food Fried Chicken Sandwich and It Ain’t Even Close https://verysmartbrothas.theroot.co...erysmartbrothas_twitter&utm_campaign=sharebar via @verysmartbros

Guys, Um, It’s True: Popeyes Has the Best Fast Food Fried Chicken Sandwich and It Ain’t Even Close
verysmartbrothas.theroot.com/guys-um-its-true-popeyes-has-the-best-fast-food-frie-1837172221
Image: Popeyes
So let’s just get this out of the way immediately.

I’m a fan of sandwiches. I’m a fan of chicken that is cooked in preparation of me eating it. And I’m a fan of chicken that is fried before I eat it. Unfortunately, the marriage between these three is usually unsuccessful, as the fried chicken sandwich tends to be a better idea than an actual meal. Basically, the fried chicken sandwich is both the Cory Booker of sandwiches and the Kamala Harris of ways to eat fried chicken.

The reason for this is simple. The frying process requires a coating of some sort of breading on the chicken. When you add actual bread with that, you’re often left with just too many bread-like substances to be as enjoyable as you want it to be. But then if you try to overcompensate by having an extra-large piece of chicken, you’re left with too much meat. Also, larger pieces of meat take longer to marinate, prepare, and cook, so as the size increases the quality often decreases. (Also, related, it’s a fast-food fried chicken sandwich so no one really gives a ****.)

Anyway, the search for a proper fast-food fried chicken sandwich has traditionally been so saddled with failure that we’ve collectively allowed a Mike Pence-*** bird franchise to cook despite the fact that they ain’t even open on the day we most seek terrible food decisions. Why? Because they determined whichever formula needed determining. (Perhaps homophobia is the secret ingredient.) Others have tried. McDonald’s and Wendy’s particularly have made quasi-acceptable Chick-fil-A facsimiles—the equivalents of the people you’re cool with but don’t like enough to save their numbers in your phone. (What’s wild is that KFC hasn’t even really tried. I mean they have their little chicken snacker joints—which I think is just a nugget between two crackers—but that’s it. Are they too intimidated by Chick-fil-A’s success to even try to compete, or are they just good with being the Billy Joel of fried chicken?)

It’s with this historical context that I considered the idea that Popeyes—Popeyes!—now had the best fast food fried chicken sandwich with deep skepticism. Adding to the unwillingness to believe this is the fact that Popeyes are hard to find in the greater Pittsburgh area. There’s one in a shopping plaza on the South Side, and one in Monroeville, and that’s it. Basically, I’d have to make a trek to get one, and the only people who trek for fast food fried chicken sandwiches have recently lost arbitration hearings. Last Friday, however, I happened to run some errands that took me to Monroeville, and I decided to stop at their drive-thru on the way back home.

Like most products purchased from Popeyes, the sandwich looked uninspired and annoyed. Despondent even. Like an uncle at a cookout who literally just sat down for the first time all day but was just asked to make a store run for more cheese. It looked like it had other places to be. It looked like it’d rather be watching NCIS. But then I took a bite. And this is what happened in my head.

(Bite one) “Wait...what is happening?”

(Bite two) “How?”

(Bite three) “LOLOLOLOLOLOL!”

(Bite four) “THIS TENUOUS-LIVING-SITUATION-*** SANDWICH HAS NO ****ING BUSINESS BEING THIS GOOD!”

I’m not a fancypants food blogger like Kara Brown or Samantha Irby, so aside from superlatives and analogies, I don’t have much else to say. But I’ll try. It was tender. It was juicy. It was crunchy, but not too crunchy. It was tasty. It had the perfect bread-to-breading ratio. It had the right amount of meat. It had heft, but it wasn’t heavy. It had character, but it wasn’t trying too hard. It was soft in the right places, but tough when it needed to be, like Tim Meadows in Mean Girls. It was like watching John Wick 2, when those homeless men were assassins because this star-crossed-*** sandwich straight murdered my mouth.

I don’t remember how much it costs. But even if I did, if you’re the type of person who’d make an excursion for fast food fried chicken sandwiches, do things like “the cost of things” and “the color of your blood” even matter to you? Of course not. You obviously don’t give a **** about anything! So go treat yourself today and cop a Popeyes fried chicken sandwich. And then go to Chick-fil-A and eat it while in line. And then, once it’s time to take your order, leave the wrapper and a DVD boxset of Euphoria on the counter. And then...I don’t know what to do next because I haven’t thought this action out fully yet!

About the author
Damon Young
Damon Young is the editor-in-chief of VSB and a columnist for GQ.com. His debut memoir in essays, What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Blacker (Ecco/HarperCollins), is available for preorder.

Dude just looking for a reason to tear down CFA because of its views. Lame. Popeyes is now better because no one has told you their dark secrets.....yet.

when i eat the spicy chicken sandwich at CFA no sauce is needed but if i get plain i usually get the ranch on there... i feel like getting all 3 sandwiches (regular and spicy from popeyes and spicy from cfa) this saturday to compare them but ima chill :lol:

when i eat the spicy chicken sandwich at CFA no sauce is needed but if i get plain i usually get the ranch on there... i feel like getting all 3 sandwiches (regular and spicy from popeyes and spicy from cfa) this saturday to compare them but ima chill :lol:

Just eat half of each then save the rest for later.

That is some #SampleGangLogic right there.

Fatigue will probably alter your perception man.

Just eat half of each then save the rest for later.
:rofl: The hell

scared?

^ ive been eating like crap lately if you havent been in the food thread... i dont have salads as much as before lol

Back
Top Bottom