Why is Popeyes so slow

all the cfa boys still coming in the popeyes thread

stay in the boring cfa thread with that boring cfa sandwich

If this is referring to me, this is an idiotic post. I have been trying to get Popeyes, with no success.

I've only had CFA once (the one in Queens Center Mall). I think they have the upper hand tho. They do pickles, lettuce, tomatoes. Fried or grilled chicken sammiches. Their own sauces. They got the experience and the rings. Popeyes just has that NBA Draft hype with a nice crossover.

I like them both equally I like Popeyes for bone in chicken...Chick-fil-a for the boneless.

had the 2 piece spicy combo last weekend and it was beyond salty... i just forced myself to eat it cuz i was hungry lol... maybe i got a terrible popeyes... but im a stick with the sandwich only for now on....

Finally had this overrated-*** sandwich today.

Had the regular with blackened ranch and the spicy. The bun was decent, chicken was crispy but kinda flavorless (also confirmed that the only thing that makes the “spicy” sandwich different is the sauce), and I couldn’t even taste the pickles.

Fries were decently crispy, reminded me of a poor man’s Checkers. Sauces were all pretty trash but the rankings were Mardi Gras Mustard>Blackened Ranch>>>>Sweet Heat. They combination of them mixed together might be good though.

Between the underwhelming experience and the trash service, I’ll stick to CFA.

off topic but I had kfc today and it was awful.
the wedges tasted funny.
the biscuit was trash and tasted funny.
I ordered a pepsi or coke or whatever they sell and it came back tasting like diet ___ only they used mad syrup too. made me nauseated and left an aftertaste after one sip.
chicken was like a 5 out of 10. wasn't bad but wasn't what it could've been.
the cookie was on point tho. 10/10.

yeah i'm good on kfc. hadn't been in years and won't go again in years if that.

i get KFC every now and then when feeling cheap... its not the best but its decent for the price.... the 5 dollar fill up is my joint.... ususally get the 2 piece or chicken pot pie...The 2 piece combo is great value wise… 2 thighs, 1 side, 1 drink and a cookie for 5 bucks… also comes with a biscuit I never eat lol

Only thing i get at kfc is the bowl. Wish they still had twisters.

Popeyes sandwich before they sold out nationwide the first time was amazing. It’s been average since it came back. Usually get a soggy one instead of a crispy flavorful one. Not sure what changed. Some people say the bun, but whatever it is...if they still tasted like the first go around, it would be the greatest fast food item ever.

The KFC around the way closed down years ago. Haven't messed with KFC much since. The last one I went to is the one on Myrtle in Ridgewood. One of the most ghetto KFC's I've ever been too. Had one of their $5 box, not bad value wise. But I'm good on the Colonel's ***** ***.

Only thing i get at kfc is the bowl. Wish they still had twisters.

Popeyes sandwich before they sold out nationwide the first time was amazing. It’s been average since it came back. Usually get a soggy one instead of a crispy flavorful one. Not sure what changed. Some people say the bun, but whatever it is...if they still tasted like the first go around, it would be the greatest fast food item ever.

werd... this is what ive been saying... but people here are saying just our popeyes is trash so it must be different elsewhere... i admit i only ordered the sandwich from a local popeyes by me... they always have stock and keep it under the lamp... it dont got that crisp and overall not as big and the bun is not the same either... maybe its just my popeyes i dunno lol

Props to the Popeyes employee....
tenor (56).gif

Just wanted the sandwich no pickles and a 2 piece spicey.
Hooked me up with a free drink and threw a extra 2 piece for the wait.

Besides the chicken hook up, the real come-up was scooping # from the brown skin shorty who was eyeing your brotha from afar.

Y'all stay blessed. Remember no pickles.
I'm out.
giphy (50).gif

Last edited:
That employee way nicer than the one who ran into the parking lot to get the box of biscuits she accidentally gave my brother. Employees never give me free anything.

Props to the Popeyes employee....
tenor (56).gif

Just wanted the sandwich no pickles and a 2 piece spicey.
Hooked me up with a free drink and threw a extra 2 piece for the wait.

Besides the chicken hook up, the real come-up was scooping # from the brown skin shorty who was eyeing your brotha from afar.

Y'all stay blessed. Remember no pickles.
I'm out.
giphy (50).gif
I been getting similar treatment.

When I order through a 3rd party I always get something extra and when I go on purpose the women are wild generous with a 3 piece anything. Joint turn in to 6 or more :nthat:

I copped the sandwich when I was in Atl on Saturday. Sandwich had that spicy kick like when I get it in Va. Only thing that completely pissed me off is the fact they wasn’t giving out no sawse, shawty was talking 35 cent and that wasn’t even for an additional. Just had to take the L and eat it with no sawse but it was still good though and the chicken was bussin out the sides

i get KFC every now and then when feeling cheap... its not the best but its decent for the price.... the 5 dollar fill up is my joint.... ususally get the 2 piece or chicken pot pie...The 2 piece combo is great value wise… 2 thighs, 1 side, 1 drink and a cookie for 5 bucks… also comes with a biscuit I never eat lol

KFC is one of my rain spots when I don't want to get out the car for lunch and the Chickfila across the street is busy.

I like the waffle at KFC

Only time I set foot in a KFC is when I am back home in the islands.

I hear people say that about the islands for some reason.

My friend is from Trinidad and one time he had some family who came to NY to visit and they said the KFC out here was so bad and the ones in the Trinidad is godsend from how they described it. I didn't know it could be different because I thought they all used the same recipe.

But what did they give credit to NY for was our Pepsi tastes way better than the Pepsi out by them :nthat: I'll take that :lol:

I hear people say that about the islands for some reason.

My friend is from Trinidad and one time he had some family who came to NY to visit and they said the KFC out here was so bad and the ones in the Trinidad is godsend from how they described it. I didn't know it could be different because I thought they all used the same recipe.

But what did they give credit to NY for was our Pepsi tastes way better than the Pepsi out by them :nthat: I'll take that :lol:
Island KFC is great but I gotta admit Trinidad is on another level too.

The recipe is kinda the same but island KFC used better quality meat, is way less greasy, and the seasoning on the KFC comes through more. They are always busy so your food is always fresher. Also they have the Zinger, which is one of the best chicken sandwiches ever created.

Plus if their quality ever slipped, people are quick to abandon them. Popeyes failed on my island because the owner half assed it. KFC on my island was slipping for a while when some new owners bought them, and they lost tons of business.

While in the US, KFC is a bottom tier fast food joint that seems they don't really care about the product they put out. KFCs in the islands care. When I first came to America in 1999, the quality drop off was there but not as bad as it is now.

I copped the sandwich when I was in Atl on Saturday. Sandwich had that spicy kick like when I get it in Va. Only thing that completely pissed me off is the fact they wasn’t giving out no sawse, shawty was talking 35 cent and that wasn’t even for an additional. Just had to take the L and eat it with no sawse but it was still good though and the chicken was bussin out the sides

i peeped that they will add the sauce on the total if i ask for the sauce before my order is complete. Whenever i ask for the sauce after i swipe and the order goes through they hand me the sauce with no issue. So now i only ask when my food is in my hand already.

Back
Top Bottom