Why is Shannon Brown so hyped on NT?

Originally Posted by TCERDA

I always said this about Vince Carter. Dude would do crazy dunks but THATS IT. Jump shot is avarage at times doesnt play great defense and is also Mr. Glass. Nuthn has ever really been great about this guy. IMO

wait...what?

Originally Posted by TCERDA

I always said this about Vince Carter. Dude would do crazy dunks but THATS IT. Jump shot is avarage at times doesnt play great defense and is also Mr. Glass. Nuthn has ever really been great about this guy. IMO

indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by dland24

I still maintain the position that Brown isnt that good. If you took all of the guards and put them on a list, Brown may or may not crack the top 50. The fact that people talk about him and there are threads made about him support the idea that he is overrated.

I don't get it.
He gets talked about alot because of his athletic ability and he plays for the one of the most popular teams in sports. Never once have I seen someone praise Shannon Brown for his overall basketball ability. How is that overrating him. 

Has anyone here seen Shannon Brown on a top ANYTHING list besides dunking?

I sure haven't.

I still maintain the position that Brown isnt that good. If you took all of the guards and put them on a list, Brown may or may not crack the top 50. The fact that people talk about him and there are threads made about him support the idea that he is overrated.
We beg to differ
e513653c4fac92cfe98e8b78df5e0a9ae8c9f29f.gif

Originally Posted by caleekicks

We beg to differ

Exactly my point.

Originally Posted by Th3RealF0lkBlu3s

Sooo, which one is it? Is he not good or is he overrated?
It cant be both?

Man, im Just scared he is going to stop playing so well.

As of right now i think he is playing terrific, but I wouldn't be surprised if he goes back to his old ways.

Hopefully he remains consistent.

We beg to differ

Exactly my point.

Phil Jackson give this guy good minutes on a nightly basis and he's not top 50 guard? 
laugh.gif
.. im sure you would pick Reggie Williams over Shannon as your backup as well. 

Originally Posted by proper english

We beg to differ

Exactly my point.

Phil Jackson give this guy good minutes on a nightly basis and he's not top 50? 
laugh.gif
.. im sure you would pick Reggie Williams over Shannon as your backup as well. 
Dont be ******ed.  This has nothing to do with Reggie Williams.  I never said hes better than Shannon.  But Monta and Stephen are....which means if every team has 2 guards better than Shannon, he would be out of the top SIXTY.  I wouldnt say its a stretch in the slightest bit that there are roughly 2 guards per team that are better than Shannon, which is why I made the original comment about him potentially being out of the top 50.  But of course, you can think what you want. 

Originally Posted by Th3RealF0lkBlu3s

Sooo, which one is it? Is he not good or is he overrated?
It cant be both?
Nah, I don't think so. You'd have to be at least somewhat good in order for people to overrate you. Can't think of an example of a less than mediocre player being overrated by a large group of people.

im the biggest brown hater on here and even i gotta admit hes playing good this year. this dude has gon bananas off that monica P OR he wants to get paid next year...

and also to point just because you are not top 50 in guards does not mean you are not that good.

who is to say fi you stuck this guy on a crappy team he doesnt play even better? is he just another product of kobe and the lakers ie trevor ariza or is he good on his own? only time will tell.

Hes better than any PG the Heat have. Any guards Toronto has. Better than Beno Udrih. Better than Bledsoe for the clippers. Kyle Lowry, Maro Bellini, VC, Anthony Morrow, John Salmons, Ronnie Brewer, or Kyle Korver or Keith Bogans. Raja Bell.
Thats all I could think of off the top of my head. Just wanted to attack that whole 60starting guards better than him right now talk.

Originally Posted by Mr Kuter

Hes better than any PG the Heat have. Any guards Toronto has. Better than Beno Udrih. Better than Bledsoe for the clippers. Kyle Lowry, Maro Bellini, VC, Anthony Morrow, John Salmons, Ronnie Brewer, or Kyle Korver or Keith Bogans. Raja Bell.
Thats all I could think of off the top of my head. Just wanted to attack that whole 60starting guards better than him right now talk.

Which squad are those two starting for? 
nerd.gif

Half the guys you just named are better than Shannon.

Dude makes highlight dunks, makes a couple of three-pointers here and there and plays for the Lakers.

Can't get anymore attention there
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by LamarOwnsem

Half the guys you just named are better than Shannon.
Wrong.

Originally Posted by bijald0331

nerd.gif

I just checked, I see that Bogans starts at the 2 for the Bulls right? So Shannon Brown is better than Keith Bogans.
And you can add Anthony Parker to my list.

No we're going too far.

You're using a hot start to justify him being better than most of those names up there.

This year he is off to a hot start. He comes off the bench averaging almost 12pgg. Last year he was a guy that just dunks in a game and thats it. But this year his shooting has improved and it shows in what he has done so far this season. The only thing that I don't want to see happen, and I think someone said it before is him slowing down later in the year. It would be great if he does keep up this kind of play in the second half of the season and into the playoffs.

Originally Posted by bijald0331

nerd.gif

I just checked, I see that Bogans starts at the 2 for the Bulls right? So Shannon Brown is better than Keith Bogans.
And you can add Anthony Parker to my list.
Look at the people I highlighted and enlarged... You dumb or something? 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

Dude makes highlight dunks, makes a couple of three-pointers here and there and plays for the Lakers.

Can't get anymore attention there
laugh.gif

Pretty much sums it up. 
Just hope he can keep it up though 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom