Why is Shannon Brown so hyped on NT?

I never understood this.  He doesnt score.  He isnt that good of a passer.  He doesnt rebound.  He doesnt shoot the ball at a very high percentage. He is 259th in the NBA in PER.  
I know he is really athletic, and the Lakers dont really need him to do much to be successful, but why do people (and more specifically LA fans), think this guy is so good?  Because he is young?  The only thing he does above average is dunk....and his showing at the Slam Dunk Contest might prove otherwise.

So NT....tell me why Shannon Brown is more than a below average backup?

he does cool dunks.
same reason the stro show is a personal favorite despite being absolutely aweful

Originally Posted by MzD650

I know he is really athletic

then why are you asking this question
happy.gif

why do people (and more specifically LA fans), think this guy is so good?
Their starting PG is Derek Fisher. Everyone looks good compared to him.

From now on, when people put these claims on NT that Player X, Y,or Z are so "hyped", can examples be provided?

I don't frequent Laker threads (which, if anywhere, it'd make the most sense to have hype) so where is this hype taking place?

Originally Posted by 23MCpizzle23

happy.gif

Because the NBA is full of super athletic players.  Doesnt mean they are good or deserve hype.  

What if Kobe's name was Lobe and LeBron's name was KeBron. Would they be as big?

Will there ever be a boy that can swim faster than a shark?

No idea, and i'm a Laker fan.

I don't hate Shannon Brown, but people definetly made him out to be alot more than he really is. He didn't respond well to him having fans, as we have seen since the all-star break.

Originally Posted by 23MCpizzle23

happy.gif

Because the NBA is full of super athletic players.  Doesnt mean they are good or deserve hype.  
But the Lakers are not full of them so sorry if we got excited about him...

With that said i dont think there are many lakers fans that think he is out PG of the future son is just fun to watch, i dont think its hype at all.

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

What if Kobe's name was Lobe and LeBron's name was KeBron. Would they be as big?

Will there ever be a boy that can swim faster than a shark?

roll.gif
wth?

When Laker fans have been subjected to watch players like: Smush Parker, Shammond Williams, Tierre Brown, Chucky Atkins, Aaron McKie,  and Jordan Farmar to name a few - a player like Shannon Brown brings 100% energy and hustle when he comes into the game.

He plays defense and keep in mind he was traded for, at the time, was said to be an untradeable contract in Vladamir Radmonvich.

I'll take Shannon Brown over any of those bums any day of the week.

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

From now on, when people put these claims on NT that Player X, Y,or Z are so "hyped", can examples be provided?

I don't frequent Laker threads (which, if anywhere, it'd make the most sense to have hype) so where is this hype taking place?
I agree.  These are some of the worst threads in the forum.  They're almost always baseless or extremely late.

Shannon Brown?  The hype definitely died down though after his EPIC FAIL.
roll.gif

It was straight COMEDY how people were acting like he was the second coming of Vince Carter on here the week before the dunk contest.  Dude was BEYOND garbage! 

He probably isnt too hyped on NT anymore, but LA fans in general still think he is really good.....which I agree with the OP....and do not understand why.

Back
Top Bottom