Why is suicide looked down upon?

Hmmmm... I find quite odd how this topic would be in such a forum! You really shouldnt be asking this question on here but a psychiatrist if youre really serious about this touchy situation.

Other than that its not to be looked down upon or shouldnt be accepted nonetheless! Its an act which cause self harm and harm to your loved ones! As others have clearly noted there are millions suffering from cancer, poverty, who are striving and praying for a chance to survive and live on! Taking your own life being in a healthy state especially would surely be a coward and selfish act to which only the Devil can accept!

...there are many reasons to live! Find your way!

Hmmmm... I find quite odd how this topic would be in such a forum! You really shouldnt be asking this question on here but a psychiatrist if youre really serious about this touchy situation.

Other than that its not to be looked down upon or shouldnt be accepted nonetheless! Its an act which cause self harm and harm to your loved ones! As others have clearly noted there are millions suffering from cancer, poverty, who are striving and praying for a chance to survive and live on! Taking your own life being in a healthy state especially would surely be a coward and selfish act to which only the Devil can accept!

...there are many reasons to live! Find your way!

Originally Posted by MisterP0315

Originally Posted by Rolaholic

Originally Posted by TruthGetsBusy

Rolaholic wrote:

I honestly just think that if a person is 100% certain that they don't want to live anymore,they should join the army or something similar so that they at least they died for some sort of greater cause instead of just ending their own lives which would've just been a waste.

Just my 2 cents.

grin.gif
 que? So somebody who is miserable and fed up with life should go through weeks of basic training and more.  Then go to war with the sole purpose of being shot or blown up? Stop that.

I mean instead of just killing yourself,why not die for a cause of some sort? Didn't really know how to word it
grin.gif

I understand the point Rolaholic was trying to make...kind of.
laugh.gif

I somewhat feel the same way about people who are sentenced to life in jail. Put them to use in some way instead of sitting around as we spend tax dollars to feed them.

I feel the same way,it's a waste
tired.gif

Rolaholic wrote:

I honestly just think that if a person is 100% certain that they don't want to live anymore,they should join the army or something similar so that they at least they died for some sort of greater cause instead of just ending their own lives which would've just been a waste.

Just my 2 cents.

grin.gif
 que? So somebody who is miserable and fed up with life should go through weeks of basic training and more.  Then go to war with the sole purpose of being shot or blown up? Stop that.

I mean instead of just killing yourself,why not die for a cause of some sort? Didn't really know how to word it
grin.gif

laugh.gif

I somewhat feel the same way about people who are sentenced to life in jail. Put them to use in some way instead of sitting around as we spend tax dollars to feed them.

I feel the same way,it's a waste
tired.gif

Rolaholic wrote:

Just my 2 cents.

grin.gif

I mean instead of just killing yourself that why not die for a cause of some sort? Didn't really know how to word it
grin.gif

laugh.gif

I can't dig it.  The point of suicide is to stop living, not die.  If that makes sense. 

Now a religious suicide bomber...his reason is to die for a cause.  Its a whole different mindset.

Rolaholic wrote:

Just my 2 cents.

grin.gif

I mean instead of just killing yourself that why not die for a cause of some sort? Didn't really know how to word it
grin.gif

laugh.gif

I can't dig it.  The point of suicide is to stop living, not die.  If that makes sense. 

Now a religious suicide bomber...his reason is to die for a cause.  Its a whole different mindset.

What about all the people with mental disorders? people say medicine but that doesn't ever cure it, only stabilizes it. What if they can't feel happy because that's the cycle they will be in no matter what the rest of their lives...

What about all the people with mental disorders? people say medicine but that doesn't ever cure it, only stabilizes it. What if they can't feel happy because that's the cycle they will be in no matter what the rest of their lives...

There are a lot of immature answers in this thread. "it's never that bad," "it's the coward's way out," "it's the easy way out," "it's selfish"..
How can you guys be so sure of any of these things? Sometimes, for some people, it is that bad, or at least they perceive it to be. Can you imagine what it feels like to want to commit suicide? The feeling that the life you are living is actually unbearable..? I am sure it is not some sort of "easy way" to anything. Sure, it may be kinda selfish to absolutely disregard your relationships with others, but what's more selfish than somebody asking you to live for him/her? Suicide is frowned upon because a lot of people are affected by it (meaning, one's family friends, classmates, etc.). It should not be looked down upon because it is some alternative to a honorable death (that's just ridiculous).

There are a lot of immature answers in this thread. "it's never that bad," "it's the coward's way out," "it's the easy way out," "it's selfish"..
How can you guys be so sure of any of these things? Sometimes, for some people, it is that bad, or at least they perceive it to be. Can you imagine what it feels like to want to commit suicide? The feeling that the life you are living is actually unbearable..? I am sure it is not some sort of "easy way" to anything. Sure, it may be kinda selfish to absolutely disregard your relationships with others, but what's more selfish than somebody asking you to live for him/her? Suicide is frowned upon because a lot of people are affected by it (meaning, one's family friends, classmates, etc.). It should not be looked down upon because it is some alternative to a honorable death (that's just ridiculous).

Originally Posted by SuperSaiyan415

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

imagine each city had a "suicide center" where people were able to go and take their own lives quiet and peacefully? lol that would be wild

In San Francisco its called the Golden Gate Bridge
grin.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by SuperSaiyan415

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

imagine each city had a "suicide center" where people were able to go and take their own lives quiet and peacefully? lol that would be wild

In San Francisco its called the Golden Gate Bridge
grin.gif
roll.gif

I have mixed feelings on suicide.

My friends brother committed suicide after struggling with his mental health, and honestly that seemed to be the best thing for him. His own mother even said he no longer has to deal with the pain and struggle he was living with. he was a little over 30 years old, and no ammount of medicine or therapy was making any difference.

So in a case where the persons own mother condoned her sons suicide due to the PAIN she saw him going through, how can I knock that?

I have mixed feelings on suicide.

My friends brother committed suicide after struggling with his mental health, and honestly that seemed to be the best thing for him. His own mother even said he no longer has to deal with the pain and struggle he was living with. he was a little over 30 years old, and no ammount of medicine or therapy was making any difference.

So in a case where the persons own mother condoned her sons suicide due to the PAIN she saw him going through, how can I knock that?

Just my 2 cents.

grin.gif

I mean instead of just killing yourself that why not die for a cause of some sort? Hopefully the training might change your mind and give you something to live for,I don't know. Didn't really know how to word it
grin.gif

Suicides a real complex subject.
So you're saying that if someones life is so messed up that they don't want to continue breathing, they should go out of their way to become an expendable asset so they don't waste their life while disposing of it?

Sounds pretty selfish to expect that out of someone.

Just my 2 cents.

grin.gif

I mean instead of just killing yourself that why not die for a cause of some sort? Hopefully the training might change your mind and give you something to live for,I don't know. Didn't really know how to word it
grin.gif

Suicides a real complex subject.
So you're saying that if someones life is so messed up that they don't want to continue breathing, they should go out of their way to become an expendable asset so they don't waste their life while disposing of it?

Sounds pretty selfish to expect that out of someone.

A long term solution to a short term problem. people who do suicide think that far ahead only. they don't believe their strong enough to even make on a day to day basis so that's there solution

A long term solution to a short term problem. people who do suicide think that far ahead only. they don't believe their strong enough to even make on a day to day basis so that's there solution

Back
Top Bottom