Why is that White (American) fighters are more succesful in MMA than in Boxing?

Originally Posted by rickybadman

Originally Posted by Bastitch

Originally Posted by doyung9

Because let's be frank... in terms of the BEST fighters... whites still don't dominate that
laugh.gif

1. B.J. Penn (korean/hawaiian)
2. Fedor (russian
3. Anderson Silva (brazilian)
4. GSP (french canadian)

I'm trying to wrap my head around the concept that Fedor and GSP aren't "white". They aren't "white Americans", but they're definitely "white".
This this is a head scratcher. GSP and Fedor are both white, you just listed their nationalities. Anderson is a black Brazilian and B.J is not Korean he is a Polynesian.
Well it was a typo on my part, I should I have put "white Americans" still don't dominate that, because that was in reference to theOP's original question.

I think with up and comers like Anthony Johnson and champs like Rashad Evans and Miguel Torres may spark more blacks and latinos to join the ranks of MMA.

Which is great, i love diversity in any sport. Competition brings out the best in us.

How can this be that hard to understand?

Go a MMA fight night at any sportsbar. it is 80% white. Where do you think future MMA fighters come from? It's from this massive pool of wannabes. Out ofthese thousands, a couple will make it.

Where do boxers come from? They straight up come from the hood. In fact, so hood that nobody on NT probably ever even been to these gyms where boxers comefrom. Boxing is a dying breed, they are in mexico, they are in the deepest hoods in america.

has nothing to do with "speed vs power" LOL. What are you gonna say next? "Quickness vs. Fastness"??? Toughness vs. Endurance? Strength vs.Energy???

Originally Posted by brunotattaglia

Go a MMA fight night at any sportsbar. it is 80% white. Where do you think future MMA fighters come from? It's from this massive pool of wannabes. Out of these thousands, a couple will make it.
This ain't 1995.

That is absolutely false.

Former wrestlers, boxers, and martial arts practitioners make up almost ALL of the MMA contingent.

You really think Pac Man or Floyd want it with a "wannabe" like Miguel Torres?

Originally Posted by rock4light

:: ignorant:: White people lack the commitment and work ethic. Have you seen the time and focus that my brothers put in for a fight? Insane.

stop breathing. immediately. forever.

Your probably right with the whole white kids are wrestlers . if you look at it Most time Black and Latino kids are the top level Am boxers . Jens Pulver wasntbut a club level pro boxer . Like Butterbean was side show boxer . But it two totally different sports and Ill stick to Boxing

Back
Top Bottom