Why is the elliptical machine so tiring?

snow pl0w

Banned
I noticed the most popular cardio machine at my gym is now the elliptical. I'm usually a treadmill guy, but figured I'd try this out. I usually just do20-30 minutes on a treadmill before working out..but I am dead tired on an elliptical after 8-12 minutes. What am I doing wrong? I see old ladies on the thingsfor like an hour..one problem is I have trouble going slow, feel like it's impossible not to "run" fast on the thing..like I'm bored out ofmy mind if I attempt to go slow on the thing..timer feels like it's standing still.

Same thing happens to me.. Probably because my posture is off when im using an elliptical.. Btw u should hit the weights 1st before u do any type of cardio.

Originally Posted by proper english

Same thing happens to me.. Probably because my posture is off when im using an elliptical.. Btw u should hit the weights 1st before u do any type of cardio.
u can do light cardio b4 ur workout just to raise that HR; not 30 mins or anything though. 10 min max. though im alreayd on the lean side, imtryna cut down just so my freakin' abs can stick out there even more b4 i bulk up again.

and yea, the elliptical is the same way to me initially. u just gotta get used to it. i think u feel tired b/c u can get bored faster.

Machines are trash. They are found nowhere in nature. Get some Vibram Five Fingers and exercise in nature.

Originally Posted by ERASCISM

Machines are trash. They are found nowhere in nature. Get some Vibram Five Fingers and exercise in nature.

Machines are easier on your joints man.

Originally Posted by ERASCISM

If you have shin splints, a machine is a godsend.

I find the elliptical friendlier on my joints... although it still depends on the specs of the machine...

My knees are shot. I do a lot of my cardio swimming and on the elliptical.

I don't get really tired though. I go 30 minutes max and set on fat burn. Maybe I'm just used to it now.

Back
Top Bottom