Why is Underground So Much Better?

Discussion in 'Music' started by shoes n basketball, Dec 25, 2009.

1. shoes n basketball

shoes n basketball

Why do Artists tend to be So much more meaningful in every verse, before they come up.
    Like they 'ACTUALLY' Care.

Maybe its because they tend to be afraid to lose fans.
    but when you have millions of albums sold, you tend to get cocky. And drop anything
    'Lil wayne'?[​IMG]

2. hiphopdoc09

hiphopdoc09

Its hard to stay hungry when you have a personal chef.

3. dathbgboy

dathbgboy

This

And ur music isn't influenced by the masses. Same reason why mixtapes are better than albums

4. born tuesday

born tuesday

Truth Statement. Plus we all know they have label politics they have to deal with.

5. ydbounce

ydbounce Banned

I can't cosign
    There is a lot of underground trash and dudes that think they ill because the artist is obscure; put a lot of those same dudes in the limelight and watch howfast their old fans flee
    Underground music has its bright spots just like mainstream music though, so I'll leave it at that

6. naughtywon

naughtywon

its really not... alot of them underground rappers yall praise have NO FLOW whatsoever and rap about science... thats not dope...

7. nymvp

nymvp

Just cause it has meaning doesn't mean it sounds good.

8. redman

redman

Underground artist do not have labels telling them what do, when to do, and how to do.

9. jomitm

jomitm

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

10. mytmouse76

mytmouse76

[​IMG]

found that to funny for some reason

11. retrowear23

retrowear23

12. b smooth 202

b smooth 202 Banned

Of course you wouldn't consider underground music dope if your following mainstream standards.

13. naughtywon

naughtywon

thats not true... theres good underground just like there's good mainstream... the thing is people act like just cuz u underground u good... not thecase...

seems like underground people b so focused on lyrics that everything else (beat and flow) sucks... and for the most part dudes havin weird %$% subjectmatter... its either science, religion, or how good of a rapper they are...

14. bboy1827

bboy1827

Lol this is Time we are talking bout. The question is what are underground and what are mainstream standards? Hip Hop is hip hop. Is a group like Pac Divunderground? Should we really Consider someone like Gucci major? I think it's a talent thing rather than a sales thing. Amateur V Pro should be the realdebate. A Pro comes with the metaphors and punchlines as well as a good hook, beat and flow; conversely, an amateur is missing one of those elements but stillmight blow. Its tough to say that mainstream is bad, when you got cats like Jay, Lupe, Nas, Eminem etc. and hard to say that underground is good when you gotdudes like...*Puts flame suit on* Jay Electronica ( I'm assuming this is exactly who Ja..I mean Time up there was talking bout), and dont' sit and tellme that lyrics dont' sell See Lupe, See Jay, See Nas, See NWA, See etc. the difference between them and Electronica is the fact that they actually coupledthat with a good flow and a good song, but outside of Fiasco they don't get credit because they are "Mainstream"...Wale said it best hip hopaint' dead it's the Fans.

15. Retroballer

Retroballer

i hate when people get caught up in the labels in music. like what you like, who cares what others think.. cause some might think mainstream is better tolisten to

16. 5dividedby4

5dividedby4

I was agreeing with you until that garbage you spoke about Jay Electronica. I stopped reading after that.

17. optimusprimeaphia

optimusprimeaphia

[​IMG][​IMG]

18. scotthallwithapick

scotthallwithapick

and there's trash underground and trash mainstream.

19. ag 47

ag 47

Yup, plus you can stay true to yourself and make the music YOU want, not necessarily what SELLS.

20. Master Zik

Master Zik

Cuz they don't have to worry about their album sales. They're just happy that they have sellout shows.

21. bboy1827

bboy1827

Wait..expain his appeal someone [​IMG] I've been listening to him allmorning to make sure I wasn't tripping with my statement. I feel like he's a lot of hype and little delivery. His flow is oh so amateur on the songsI've heard, his hooks are sub par and his beats are decent at best. Thats why I don't bang with him, so why should I like him?

22. dreamhigh

dreamhigh

underground TIME'S FAVORITE UNDERGROUND SONG

23. dipsetgeneral

dipsetgeneral

thread./

24. 13saldana13

13saldana13

Yea, that's why I appreciate the rappers who are mainstream, a majority of them have flow. In my opinion, flow is as important as the lyricsand beat, it's also an art. People tend to overlook that when talking about mainstream rappers, they have flow and it's really under-appreciated.

Another thing about underground music is that you can find gems, but there's alot of crap around those jems. Then the fans, that's the most annoyingpart. they praise some of the worst music i've ever heard then they claim people like Immortal Technique and Andre Nikatina are the GOAT. They thinkthey're so cool because they listen to underground music too, remind me of hippies talking about the corporations when they talk about mainstream music.

25. dreamhigh

dreamhigh

I TIP ON THE SCENE,,, TO CLEAN, FRSH TO DEF IN THE EARTH TONE MISKEEN .... 6TRE YEEEEEESSSSS