Why no GOOGLE logo change for Cinco De Mayo? vol. Dam its like that?

I noticed earlier (but couldnt post until now) that Google didnt change their logo for Cinco de Mayo. Anyone know why this is or care to joke about why theythink so.
laugh.gif

ps. Yahoo! changed their logo, if that means anything

Some Mexican girl in my drawing class told me Mexicans in Mexico don't even celebrate Cinco De Mayo. Is this true?

The hispanic woman at my job said that they dont even celebrate Cinco De Mayo in Mexico........Why do we celebrate it here when they dont even celebrate inMexico??

That didnt make sense to me

why the hell would they change their logo for a month?.....hell no they didnt do one for BHM....only thing people are doing is partying and drinking beer forthis unofficial holiday.....that aint significant

Originally Posted by DL2352

Some Mexican girl in my drawing class told me Mexicans in Mexico don't even celebrate Cinco De Mayo. Is this true?

Generally, Cinco de Mayo is only celebrated by those who live in the state of Puebla. Cinco de Mayo is nothing more than a regional holiday in Mexico, it'snot celebrated by a high percentage of the general population.

Originally Posted by Jumpshot

Generally, Cinco de Mayo is only celebrated by those who live in the state of Puebla. Cinco de Mayo is nothing more than a regional holiday in Mexico, it's not celebrated by a high percentage of the general population.
Yup. I just learned today that this is a chicano holiday, thats why its celebrated here more then over there.

Originally Posted by pacmagic2002

The hispanic woman at my job said that they dont even celebrate Cinco De Mayo in Mexico........Why do we celebrate it here when they dont even celebrate in Mexico??

That didnt make sense to me
We just love to have areason to get drunk on any given day.

I mean we still get drunk everyday but it makes one feel better if they can say "hey it's Cinco De Mayo lets get hammered"

Originally Posted by Jumpshot

Generally, Cinco de Mayo is only celebrated by those who live in the state of Puebla. Cinco de Mayo is nothing more than a regional holiday in Mexico, it's not celebrated by a high percentage of the general population.
Thanks for the info.

Back
Top Bottom