Why people hate fusions?

I haven't been collecting for the longest time, but I've been around since the XIIs. Back in the 80s and 90s jordans stood for something: They were thetrend setters. The fusions, as well as the dubs, spizikes, .5s, all lack inspiration and are simply following the trends. They are just a childishcut-and-paste experiment gone wrong and they bastardize the great originals.

Most of the older heads see all these new releases as JB turning its back on us. And it pains us to see all these garbage releases sell out because that justmeans JB doesn't have to cater to us and release the old classics we want.

Look at the fusions. Then look at the DMP2. Can you figure out which one represents what the brand used to be and which is just cashing in on a fad?

Originally Posted by Beelzebub23

Stop asking why! Every week someone wants to know "Why so much hate for six rings?", "Why so much hate for fusions?". WHY WHY WHY? If you not only need to ask, but you also need to make a thread about it, maybe this isn't the place for you. If you really wanted to know, you could've checked the numerous amount of threads asking the same dumb a** question.
smh.gif

because i already hate air force ones as it is....and its a slap in the face to the sig models to make these trash sneakers and on top of that release them formore money than what sig models cost

most of them are just plain old ugly. they imitate a classic. i dunt like imitation. i like the real thing. nuff said.....

i hate them because they are not the real thing. and i dont like forces at all. and the price on them are so damn crazy its not even funny. they range up toprices of the real kicks. plus they are just ugly and look like fakes. thats why i hate them

Originally Posted by LeftyJeenyus

Originally Posted by thuglife67898

why do people hate Fusions i myself have the 6's in black and red and they look amazing in school they stop and stare but ive seen alot of hate .
i know there not the 6's but not everybody can spend 400 for a pair of J6's since they only make limited ,i dont know why? any comments

when you buy shoes so others can stop and stare, that is the problem there. you should be buying them for yourself and know the reason why you bought them instead of just to please others or "break necks" as it seems.

why do i not like fusions?
When you break a fusion down, what is it? - every other jordan influence (in the case of the 6rings and 60+ and many other mash-ups, including nikes)
What is the price of a jordan fusion? - jordan price of about 150 or so
You paying a jordan price for an AF1, or in the case of others imo, "knock-offs", because they are in a sense emulating others, but not being that item. There is a reason a Jordan 11 is a Jordan 11 and a Jordan 5 is a Jordan 5. They are innovative in design for the time. They were different. They were inspiriational becaue Jordan played in them and "represented" him, and were proof on the court, that FEELING.

Fusions do nothing in that area. Fusions are just knocks, but legalized ones that Nike is beginning to reap the benefits of now.
-Why not just save the money that you spend on 2 or 3 fusions for an actual black/red vi? - the biggest reason it seems to me to the general consumer is i don't know which ones are fake and the fear of online buying. i say education is most necessary instead of using that excuse to copout and be lazy

-ENDRANT-

~Lefty

Agreed.

And I only like numbered J's, the only un-numbered J's I'll cop is a couple Spizikes and a couple Dub Zeroes

I hate fusions, because they are garbage. The idea was poorly executed & the price is ridiculous for a modded af1. I think they should left this alone. Ontop of that, they come out with classic colorways of this trash.

Fusions are trash...execution is horrible.

Plus, a lot of them look straight up fake and would have been clowned on if people didn't know they were made by Jordan Brand...
eyes.gif

You kids eat all the %$%% they feed you.

i knoe its not a classic whatever ,u cant compare a Pure jordan to a fusion but i dont wear jordan cuz of what he did .shoes are shoes they look good andthats it

I neva liked fusion or 6 rings, I just dont like da concept

But i feel were jb comin from, dey have ta do different things to keep gettin money, if dey retro all the shoes dey out of business cuz errbody got theretro's & deres no need ta cop anymo J's.....So fusions, 6 rings ect....is unda standable ta me...

Originally Posted by LeftyJeenyus

Originally Posted by thuglife67898

why do people hate Fusions i myself have the 6's in black and red and they look amazing in school they stop and stare but ive seen alot of hate .
i know there not the 6's but not everybody can spend 400 for a pair of J6's since they only make limited ,i dont know why? any comments

when you buy shoes so others can stop and stare, that is the problem there. you should be buying them for yourself and know the reason why you bought them instead of just to please others or "break necks" as it seems.

why do i not like fusions?
When you break a fusion down, what is it? - every other jordan influence (in the case of the 6rings and 60+ and many other mash-ups, including nikes)
What is the price of a jordan fusion? - jordan price of about 150 or so
You paying a jordan price for an AF1, or in the case of others imo, "knock-offs", because they are in a sense emulating others, but not being that item. There is a reason a Jordan 11 is a Jordan 11 and a Jordan 5 is a Jordan 5. They are innovative in design for the time. They were different. They were inspiriational becaue Jordan played in them and "represented" him, and were proof on the court, that FEELING.

Fusions do nothing in that area. Fusions are just knocks, but legalized ones that Nike is beginning to reap the benefits of now.
-Why not just save the money that you spend on 2 or 3 fusions for an actual black/red vi? - the biggest reason it seems to me to the general consumer is i don't know which ones are fake and the fear of online buying. i say education is most necessary instead of using that excuse to copout and be lazy

-ENDRANT-

~Lefty
couldnt have said it better even though i own 3 pair
i bought the black/blue and the fire red fusion Vs and the white cement fusion IIIs
pimp.gif

will not cop anymore though
i hate the idea but some just look good

the sad thing is, the fusions were built better than almost any retro.somebody prove me wrong

Originally Posted by cobrab19

the sad thing is, the fusions were built better than almost any retro.somebody prove me wrong

That's the Nike part of the fusion. I've never really seen a Nike retro with worst quality than a JB retro. Anyone who can disprove my theory iswelcome to correct me (pics please).

indifferent.gif
fusions are a waste of time period. the kids like them orwhatever and thats whos keepin them on the market but i just cant stand them.having a bunch of different shoes thrown together is just horrible. af1's weretrash to begin with, not tryin to offend you nelly lovers but im just sayin
sick.gif

imo they will cost a lot and be rare in the future but why not just give us the real shoe but i guess jordan is like disney want the grab the new generation ofjordan lover and have something to retro for them in the future and number jordan will be a thing in the past or very rare to get

I like some fusions, but most turn out distasteful. I like the fusion 6's so i'll agree with you.

Originally Posted by Beelzebub23

Stop asking why! Every week someone wants to know "Why so much hate for six rings?", "Why so much hate for fusions?". WHY WHY WHY? If you not only need to ask, but you also need to make a thread about it, maybe this isn't the place for you. If you really wanted to know, you could've checked the numerous amount of threads asking the same dumb a** question.
smh.gif

very well said

Back
Top Bottom