Why people ranked Jay higher than Nas for a minute...

lupe > nas and jay-z
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

how you expect folks to respect your opinion when you say %%$+ like this.
laugh.gif

I'm not really asking anybody to respect my 'opinion'. But to sit here and say that every Jay album was a sick classic or great album is bias.

Who said that though?

All i'm saying is that Jay had a lil run where he spit some fire.

Cats get too wrapped up in defending their favorite MCs sometime.

Good music is good music and on some real s_....

Nas is better than Hov and the G.O.A.T....but he ain't that much (if at all) better than AZ imo.

Nasir had some stone cold duds too. (Nastradamus, half of HHID and Streets Disciple Disc 2)

There's someone denying Jay's spit during his RD/Vol.1 days????

Thats when he was the illest.

You Can't Deny This Type Of %@%@. Just Can't�
pimp.gif

NAS could of been as big as jay and as rich as jay, but he got weeded out and BS'ed on himself.

Some are gonna try to roast the as big as jay statement. but than again do u hear about Nas on E tv or random basketball games or yankee games. Jay is the mosttalked about hip hop artist ever, yes ever he has the most mainstream appeal right now than anyone ever did. international businessman admire the dude. Soneven has a patent Jay Z blue.

Nobody in hip hop has made as much $ as him either.

But back to Nas...

He got looked sideways with Streets Disc... and when Dip Set dissed him. A lot of fans turned on him than.

He just didnt put as much effort and as many hits out post 2000.

Ask as white lady does she know nas and does she know Jay i bet 1 outta 20 may know who nas is cuz of the kelis thing thats about it.

On the real, I'm going to let some of these *$@%!@ have there fun for now. BOTH OF THEM ARE GREATS AND CERTIFIED LEGENDS. However, Jay took the rapgame to a new level, that nobody has reached or most likely can reach, and if you can't/don't understand that then you missed the boat. The G.O.A.Ttitle most definitely can go to Jay with ease.

Jay is top ten.

But to make an analogy, Paulie is is the only one who basically makes it the length of the sopranos without getting murked. That is who Jay is to me, he wasalways a definite force in the game, but never top 5. Dude is the Karl Malone of rap.

Cause jigga got better in career than when he came out
And people refuse to believe that nas fell off after the first two album

Originally Posted by HueyP in LouieV

^

I'm not saying that was the nail in the coffin.

I'm saying a lot of people perceived it that way.

I know die hard Nas fans that were walking around with their heads down until Ether dropped.
not da case at all....remember Nas dropped da stillmatic freestyle which basically launched takeover....and real Nas fans knew he was gonna punchback.

i also wanna add that jay-z naturally had a advantage because he dropped albums every year...nas was a every 2 year kinda guy...

A lot of youngins in this thread.... Hov got love but wasn't accepted highly at first cuz alot of people really didn't understand the slang. I was biasto hov early on merely because Im brooklyn to the death. But I always loved nas as an emcee... I used to say Hov>Nas but as I got older I realized it wasthe other way around. Sorry but hov ain't better that nasir..

Jay never expanded his subject matter simply because he don't give a damn about world issue and street politics...

It was always about the man in the mirror.

Vol I woulda been a classic minus "I Know What Girls Like". The album is street introspection is some of its finest.

Back
Top Bottom