Why the shoe game is dying…?

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

It died as soon as people like yourself started to refer to buying shoes as a "shoe game"
I just had to second this.
roll.gif

Ditto!

I think the Jordan fad is somewhat slowly dying. Only the hyped up pairs like the CGs will sell out yet Jordans like the white and red 13s remain on the shelves cuz it's a GR and not limited.

But to me, I'm more focused on Nike retros now.

I think the Jordan fad is somewhat slowly dying. Only the hyped up pairs like the CGs will sell out yet Jordans like the white and red 13s remain on the shelves cuz it's a GR and not limited.

cant really say the game is dying, who knows how much more stock is produced for these retros now-a-days, compared to when these shoes made their original runs, demand has increased, and the change in material to cheaper, less expensive stuff has not curbed the enthusiasm for these shoes. and we keep fueling this fire, because they keep rolling out with more... something that scared me just yesterday.. i picked up a pair of cool greys over the weekend and wanted to compare quality so i pulled out my dmp's, CDP 11's, and my 2000 and 2009 SJ's. i wore my 2009 SJ twice, and the soles yellowed more in a year than my 2006 DMP's which ive worn close to 10 times. i saw a pair of CG 11's where i picked mine up that were ALREADY yellow in certain spots on the sole, but as long as we the conumer keep scooping up theyre crap its not gonna change, and its easy to rant about something like this on a sneaker blog where most of the people are just as informed and enthusiastic about the shoes as you are, compared to the general population that doesnt care about the thickness and cut of the patent, or how long the soles will stay tinged blue before they yellow...

cant really say the game is dying, who knows how much more stock is produced for these retros now-a-days, compared to when these shoes made their original runs, demand has increased, and the change in material to cheaper, less expensive stuff has not curbed the enthusiasm for these shoes. and we keep fueling this fire, because they keep rolling out with more... something that scared me just yesterday.. i picked up a pair of cool greys over the weekend and wanted to compare quality so i pulled out my dmp's, CDP 11's, and my 2000 and 2009 SJ's. i wore my 2009 SJ twice, and the soles yellowed more in a year than my 2006 DMP's which ive worn close to 10 times. i saw a pair of CG 11's where i picked mine up that were ALREADY yellow in certain spots on the sole, but as long as we the conumer keep scooping up theyre crap its not gonna change, and its easy to rant about something like this on a sneaker blog where most of the people are just as informed and enthusiastic about the shoes as you are, compared to the general population that doesnt care about the thickness and cut of the patent, or how long the soles will stay tinged blue before they yellow...

I agree with the threadstarter. It was a hobby but now It became a " shoe game" over the years. There's nothing wrong about buying an extra pair to flip because everyone from og collectors to newbies have done it, but when i see someone in the shoecase thread buy like 13 pairs of the hottest jordan shoe its like *%+ lol. I know some shoes werent always the best quality but those XIII that released were horrible but they still sold out. Certain Jordans are gonna sell out regardless of how bad they looked. I was at the store and one dude seen the flint xiii with the glue stains and everything on them and he was like these are hot im gonna get these. I was thinking like "I know this dude see all these glue stains on the shoe but he didnt care at all LOL.

I agree with the threadstarter. It was a hobby but now It became a " shoe game" over the years. There's nothing wrong about buying an extra pair to flip because everyone from og collectors to newbies have done it, but when i see someone in the shoecase thread buy like 13 pairs of the hottest jordan shoe its like *%+ lol. I know some shoes werent always the best quality but those XIII that released were horrible but they still sold out. Certain Jordans are gonna sell out regardless of how bad they looked. I was at the store and one dude seen the flint xiii with the glue stains and everything on them and he was like these are hot im gonna get these. I was thinking like "I know this dude see all these glue stains on the shoe but he didnt care at all LOL.

Originally Posted by sickickz23

I actually like the white/red 13s over the CGs.  It was a easy cop for me.

Originally Posted by sickickz23

I actually like the white/red 13s over the CGs.  It was a easy cop for me.

JB ruined themselves with all the garbage mash ups and uninspired team shoes that are just down-syndrome versions of OG classics. 

JB ruined themselves with all the garbage mash ups and uninspired team shoes that are just down-syndrome versions of OG classics. 

It was all hype. In the last 5 years...Jordan has released such trash colorways and everyone wants to be a shoehead now. Half of these fools don't even know anything about old Jordans. Like this jit @ my local Finishline thinking my Oxy XIV's were fake cause he never remembered them retroing in that color.
laugh.gif

It was all hype. In the last 5 years...Jordan has released such trash colorways and everyone wants to be a shoehead now. Half of these fools don't even know anything about old Jordans. Like this jit @ my local Finishline thinking my Oxy XIV's were fake cause he never remembered them retroing in that color.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Jada2001Retro

laugh.gif
Damn shame what hype does

Originally Posted by Jada2001Retro

laugh.gif
Damn shame what hype does

Nah, people still buy shoes, and will continue to buy shoes...especially younger teenagers and "noobs" who want to "stunt" to their peers.

For myself, I've been spending less and less because I have no money.
ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom