Wikileaks: U.S. soldiers murdered Iraqi children.

Originally Posted by CHRISblazinNJ

I don't really care to be honest. Do whatever is necessary

eek.gif
wow...

Necessary for what?

I think this might be extreme - but I don't necessarily mind it. We are one of the few countries that adhere to the Geneva convention, unlike many of these 3rd world countries. IMHO no matter if we treated a lot of these human being in those country with dignity and respect at the end of the day, they are set in their ways. The ways of lying, cheating, stealing, etc. You have to be there in the trenches to fully understand the psychological effect these people can have by their actions.

Case in point, a kid goes to a Marine and tell him, hey they are planning IED's in such and such place .. Of course this kid wants a reward - He leads you straight to the place to only set you up in an ambush .. 3 Marines die and multiple are injured.

Another example - Old man (65 or so) goes to the base everyday - Smile in your face act's like his your friend, tells you all sorts of good information, he is a good person. One night the base gets hit with mortars, the Marine on watch kills 2 men believe to be part of the ambush .. when they go to scout the remains/area - gets who was leading the charge ....

So in order for me to feel pety, it takes a whole lot than OLD news .. I wonder how many of you guys would react if a best buddy of yours is shot and killed in front of your face and only after the attacker runs out of bullets he surrender and you can't do @%#% to him .... smh!

I've seen US members mistreat Iraqi citizens first hand, only to be dealt with by our C.O.C later on. Its disgusting to see and hear about this stuff, but I've also seen US service members use their body's as human shields to cover Iraqi civilians. Their was a guy in our sister platoon who died when he caught shrapnel while covering an Iraqi girl when a IED went off. So, take what you want from these stories.

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

I think someone should generalize all US servicemen now.

This x1000. Although this is a terrible story please don't generalize all those who serve

Originally Posted by DecemberLove

Originally Posted by CHRISblazinNJ

I don't really care to be honest. Do whatever is necessary

eek.gif
wow...

Necessary for what?

Necessary for winning the hearts of minds of people, obviously. I mean, the people from the Middle East will be thrilled when they hear this story and it will so not create more people who are willing to go on suicide missions to blow up anything American.

Originally Posted by AR Guy

Originally Posted by DaNiKeRhiNo

Originally Posted by Kramer

I mean its sad but who knows maybe they had a reason. I dont see why everytime somethin comes up like this everyone says how horrible America is.
Completely agree. There are bad apples in every Military in the world. But, it's only our atrocities getting the headlines these days because we've been constantly at war as of late. I guarantee you when we see another country get in a major war (50,000+ troops), we will see similar incidences. Unfortunately everybody, there are crimes committed in wars also since the beginning of time, but, believe it or not, the US is way more compassionate than other countries when it comes to war, why do you think we constantly work on precision-bombs, intel equipment, and various other methods to prevent collateral damage. The only crime I see is this being covered up and government denial, but I guess they don't want to mess up the world's image of the US military.
Hell look at the Russians in Chechnya but nobody on this board cares about that...

I didnt care about most of this stuff. Then I saw the "chechclear" video years ago and from then on my view on the world warped a bit. I didnt know things like that were really happening at the age I saw the video. It's not surprising to me that no one comments on Eastern European atrocities here for some reason though.

I'm anti war through and through, but turning what happens in Afghanistan and Iraq into America bashing is ******ed. Blame the people who do it, and those who condone it and let it slide.

Originally Posted by James Earl Zones

Originally Posted by DaNiKeRhiNo

Completely agree. There are bad apples in every Military in the world. But, it's only our atrocities getting the headlines these days because we've been constantly at war as of late. I guarantee you when we see another country get in a major war (50,000+ troops), we will see similar incidences. Unfortunately everybody, there are crimes committed in wars also since the beginning of time, but, believe it or not, the US is way more compassionate than other countries when it comes to war, why do you think we constantly work on precision-bombs, intel equipment, and various other methods to prevent collateral damage. The only crime I see is this being covered up and government denial, but I guess they don't want to mess up the world's image of the US military.
Hell look at the Russians in Chechnya but nobody on this board cares about that...

I didnt care about most of this stuff. Then I saw the "chechclear" video years ago and from then on my view on the world warped a bit. I didnt know things like that were really happening at the age I saw the video. It's not surprising to me that no one comments on Eastern European atrocities here for some reason though.

I'm anti war through and through, but turning what happens in Afghanistan and Iraq into America bashing is ******ed. Blame the people who do it, and those who condone it and let it slide.
It's the fact people on this board look for a reason to bash America and the Armed Forces. Here are a few excerpts from an article I found about the Russians in Chechnya

“At first the older one denied everything,

Originally Posted by ATLsFinest

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

I think someone should generalize all US servicemen now.

This x1000. Although this is a terrible story please don't generalize all those who serve
Bolded for emphasis

Is this supposed to be breaking news?
indifferent.gif

Most people who suffer and die in war are innocent, and many of them are children

Originally Posted by JD214

Originally Posted by So Nyuh Shi Dae

I thought it was common knowledge that the U.S. brutally murders innocent civilians.

THIS.

30t6p3b.gif
tired.gif
30t6p3b.gif
[color= rgb(102, 0, 153)]It's a double edged sword.....but at the end of the day, war @@@%+@ up everybody's mind[/color]

Originally Posted by ohdannyboy

30t6p3b.gif

Where all the dudes that were mad at me the other day for not respecting soldiers at???

You're dumb as all hell. You're grouping all US soldiers in the same category.

not suprised. no one talks about these things but we know they happen.

Originally Posted by High Altitude

30t6p3b.gif

Where all the dudes that were mad at me the other day for not respecting soldiers at???

+1 
I don't see him doing anything about it!

Originally Posted by RiKaN HaVoK

I think this might be extreme - but I don't necessarily mind it. We are one of the few countries that adhere to the Geneva convention, unlike many of these 3rd world countries. IMHO no matter if we treated a lot of these human being in those country with dignity and respect at the end of the day, they are set in their ways. The ways of lying, cheating, stealing, etc. You have to be there in the trenches to fully understand the psychological effect these people can have by their actions.

Case in point, a kid goes to a Marine and tell him, hey they are planning IED's in such and such place .. Of course this kid wants a reward - He leads you straight to the place to only set you up in an ambush .. 3 Marines die and multiple are injured.

Another example - Old man (65 or so) goes to the base everyday - Smile in your face act's like his your friend, tells you all sorts of good information, he is a good person. One night the base gets hit with mortars, the Marine on watch kills 2 men believe to be part of the ambush .. when they go to scout the remains/area - gets who was leading the charge ....

So in order for me to feel pety, it takes a whole lot than OLD news .. I wonder how many of you guys would react if a best buddy of yours is shot and killed in front of your face and only after the attacker runs out of bullets he surrender and you can't do @%#% to him .... smh!

Except for Guantanamo Bay...

I'm missing the point of your examples too - so, because some young or old men have been spies or whatever you want to call it that gives you justification to kill other old men and children?

Originally Posted by kdawg

I'm missing the point of your examples too - so, because some young or old men have been spies or whatever you want to call it that gives you justification to kill other old men and children?
Technically because we're fighting a group that hasn't signed the Geneva Convention we're not bound to follow its rules, but we do any ways.  

Technically because we're fighting a group that hasn't signed the Geneva Convention we're not bound to follow its rules, but we do any ways.  

I was waiting for that - the old "not enemy combatants" defense huh?

Spoiler [+]
cheney_grr.jpg

I never said they weren't enemy combatants, I mean of course they are. With Guantanamo Bay I agree we need to do something with those people there. Either charge them with something or let them out. It's terribly inefficient to just have them locked up there indefinitely.

Originally Posted by kdawg

Nothing justify the killing of innocent people period. If you don't get the point, then I'm not here to try and explain. I rather a Marine take the life of an innocent person in a split second decision that have his life taken because of double guessing who is who. It's like that movie Rules of Engagement - the shoot into a MASS of people and all were "none hostile" ..... In Somalia many US troops got killed by under age kids but when the kids got fired upon that's all that was headline ... take it for what is worth - if you go into a hot zone and you are engage in a fire fight - I'm going to shoot and ask questions later.
If you are going into a  cool zone (village) to seek revenge and killed innocent people, then those need to get dealt with to the full extend of the law.

52018179.jpg

"You better give that haji freedom, PFC! HOOOORAH!"

"Enemy combatants"
laugh.gif
you cannot be serious. How do you label them? You invaded a country with a 1940 style military and terribly outdated weapons (that were supplied by the U.S. in the 1980's) and gave up after a couple days. You are fighting civilians, your superiors claim they pledge allegiance to terrorist organizations without proof. Al-CIAada must give out membership cards, eh? Them military kidnaps people from their home and puts them in jail and tortured.

Originally Posted by High Altitude

30t6p3b.gif

+1 
I don't see him doing anything about it!

I truely don't give a @@$%. BOOM! 

Back
Top Bottom