Will Apple ever get into the Video Game Industry? (EDIT.. Again?)

Originally Posted by Kakashi

Originally Posted by DaNiKeRhiNo

i mean what would their flagship video game be?

nintendo has: mario

xbox has: halo

ps never had one = fail

sonic is on the cheese line....
laugh.gif

what's apple gonna be?

the alien ipod that must collect rare itunes to save his sister from an evil race of alien illegal downloaders?
Every game system that ever came out had to come up with something, you think mario was famous before the Nintendo was even released? Your statement is terribly flawed.
are you serious? you strike out my whole post, to say exactly what i said?
roll.gif

so how is my statement flawed?
2zyzy8z.jpg
\

some things are not so easy a caveman can do it (like posting with common sense)
Lol what I mean was Apple would come up with something before they would release something. You make it sound like they're are incapable ofcoming up with something successful. Just because you don't know what kind of flagship game they use doesn't mean they aren't capable of coming upwith a good one.

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

If you wanna be technical, the flagship game for PS1 was Crash Bandicoot, 2 was Jak and Daxter, and 3 is Ratchet and Clank,
Crash Bandicoot
pimp.gif

What about that little Dragon, what game was that called. It was pretty popular.

Originally Posted by Jehlers02

If you wanna be technical, the flagship game for PS1 was Crash Bandicoot, 2 was Jak and Daxter, and 3 is Ratchet and Clank,
Crash Bandicoot
pimp.gif

What about that little Dragon, what game was that called. It was pretty popular.
Spyro.

Crash Bandicoot
pimp.gif

Spyro.
Both were
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Master Zik

Crash Bandicoot
pimp.gif

Spyro.
Both were
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
No love for Ape Escape?
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Crash Bandicoot
pimp.gif

Spyro.
Both were
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
technically, technically if were reffrering to fifteen year old video games that are now FREE for open source emulators.

then lora croft was the "flagship" video game for playstation. playstation has never had an offiical mascot.

you dudes are resilient as first gen power rangers...i picture you kids getting knocked into backward flips from my blasts yet you guys keep getting up withmore stupid comments

raqkn8.jpg

ps never had one = fail

laugh.gif

what's apple gonna be?

the alien ipod that must collect rare itunes to save his sister from an evil race of alien illegal downloaders?
Spyro, Snake, Crash Bandicoot...

edit- Sweet Tooth...were you serious when you made that post?

DaNiKeRhiNo wrote:

Jehlers02 wrote:

LimitedRetroOG wrote:

Crash Bandicoot
pimp.gif

Spyro.

Both were
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

technically, technically if were reffrering to fifteen year old video games that are now FREE for open source emulators.

then lora croft was the "flagship" video game for playstation. playstation has never had an offiical mascot.

you dudes are resilient as first gen power rangers...i picture you kids getting knocked into backward flips from my blasts yet you guys keep getting up with more stupid comments

raqkn8.jpg

Sony never had an "official" mascot, but almost everytime they marketed the PS1, Crash Bandicoot would be involved in some way, even in Japan.
Stupid comments, huh? I still have yet to see rebuttals to my previous arguments on page 3.

the industry imo can't support more than 3 consoles ... you need a killer app and a ton of money to throw behind hardware that is gonna lose money ....

the industry imo can't support more than 3 consoles ... you need a killer app and a ton of money to throw behind hardware that is gonna lose money ....

Originally Posted by Nike Star Jay

Originally Posted by FlipnKraut

You're going to count something that came out over 14 years ago and had abysmal sales? If you mention the Apple III, most of the people I work with will
just shake their heads and walk away.
Probably true. I just thought it was safe to assume, that as an employee, you would know the history of your companies products.

I do, I just don't count it as part of the companies history, and most people wouldn't. Did you know that there was an Apple TV back in themid-90's? Most people wouldnt count that either.

i dont get how a console not having one primary mascot equals a fail...sony had MANY

Originally Posted by cRazy dav0

this\

which means more money...in return a $2000 dollar console and a video game called itune hero where you must buy seven-dollar itunes to help

and alien ipod rescue his sister from an evil race of illegal downloaders through the power of music.

technically the industry is supporting 4 gaming consoles...the PC counts as well

Apples console would have 3 year old technology and cost twice as much as the competition. However the hipster macfags will still buy it...
tired.gif

Originally Posted by daddywarbukks

What do you guys think? I never thought microsoft would.
apple would fall from grace doing so...they're getting comfortable with pricing as if they're a monopoly now.

their video games would be over priced and hard to crack or hack...making them undesirable and creating a domino

effect with their other products.
3rd parties are usually responsible for designing the software/ games. I can't see Apple getting in the Console industry, but if they did I ampretty sure it would be from the hardware side of things.

Originally Posted by Lrrr

ps never had one = fail

laugh.gif

what's apple gonna be?

Spyro, Snake, Crash Bandicoot...

edit- Sweet Tooth...were you serious when you made that post?

Aww hell no Twisted Metalllllll, my child hood is flashing before my eyes.

All i played was Twisted Metal, Crash Bandicoot, Spyro, and Parappa rappa

I think I'm gonna go play Ape Escape now on my PSP...
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
How much was it, I'm assuming you bought it from the PS store.

They don't got the OG one, but the PSP one is $16.
Lol wasn't even aware they made one for the PSP, I'm copping it right now. How does it stack up against the OG?

Back
Top Bottom