Will Apple ever get into the Video Game Industry? (EDIT.. Again?)

Originally Posted by DaNiKeRhiNo

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

DaNiKeRhiNo wrote:

LimitedRetroOG wrote:

I think I'm gonna go play Ape Escape now on my PSP...
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
How much was it, I'm assuming you bought it from the PS store.

They don't got the OG one, but the PSP one is $16.
Lol wasn't even aware they made one for the PSP, I'm copping it right now. How does it stack up against the OG?

It's decent. Great way to kill time.

Originally Posted by DaNiKeRhiNo

DaNiKeRhiNo wrote:

LimitedRetroOG wrote:

I think I'm gonna go play Ape Escape now on my PSP...
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
How much was it, I'm assuming you bought it from the PS store.

They don't got the OG one, but the PSP one is $16.
Lol wasn't even aware they made one for the PSP, I'm copping it right now. How does it stack up against the OG?

It's decent. Great way to kill time.

Good I have time to kill during this break.
laugh.gif
The only thing I'mworried about is the control scheme, because I remember the old one was great at effectively using the sticks. With the PSP only having that one nub, Idon't want my experience to be tarnished because of it (like the Ace Combat game on PSP).
eyes.gif

That was the biggest problem I had with it. But everything else, it's just like the OG one.
That's all I wanted to know, now I can catch that little *$@%%+ with the hat again.
grin.gif

Oh yeah, back to the topic, yay for apple and boo Nintendo or whatever, carry on.

unreal-ipod.jpg

There's no doubt that iPod Touch 3rd Gen and iPhone 3GS are formidable handheld console competitors but if youneeded another proof, here's a demo powered by Unreal Engine 3 running on iPod Touch. It's the same Unreal Engine that powers games like Gears of Wars2, Mass Effect etc.

The demo makes use of OpenGL ES 2.0 and as you'll see in the video below, it plays really smooth without anysigns of dropping frames.

Epic Games haven't revealed what games will be powered on by this engine but emphasized on planning to license the Unreal Engine in the near future.

Epic also confirmed to showcase the Unreal Engine on another mobile platform (we presume its Tegra) at the CES.

Originally Posted by Kakashi

apple's software sole functionality is to animate apple's hardware (all in-house) that's why it virus and conflict free....no third party software and

hardware like mircosoft that leaves coding language open for hacks and cracks!

xbox games were way cheaper than ps2.
Does this guy take himself seriously?

As someone in the videogame industry I find his posts highly offensive since he has no idea what he's talking about. I'll write a more detailedresponse later but he obviously has no insight on how a game is made or how this industry works.

Oh and does no one remember that Halo was originally developed for the MAC? Bungie was affiliated with Apple when they got off the ground
grin.gif

And yall thought the PS3 was overpriced, imagine an Apple gaming console
smh.gif
"Oh we gotta charge $800 because we use a titanium case"

Back
Top Bottom