Will I Am is sueing Pharrell "i am OTHER" brand

Will I Am is the biggest clown in entertainment

can't stand this dude :smh:

Will.i.am is taking legal action against Pharrell Williams over the latter's new creative brand "i am OTHER" – claiming that he owns the copyright to the phrase "I AM" and that Pharrell's logo is "confusingly similar," according to official court documents obtained by Rolling Stone.

In his notice of opposition, Will.i.am argues that Pharrell would be using his "i am OTHER" brand on clothing and other items in a manner similar to the goods that bear his own "I AM" logo. "The registration of the mark . . . is likely to dilute the I AM mark and the WILL.I.AM mark," the document reads.

Random Notes: Hottest Rock Pictures

Lawyers for Pharrell and "i am OTHER" filed an answer to Will.i.am's notice of opposition, denying all such claims.

"I am disappointed that Will, a fellow artist, would file a case against me," Pharrell says in a statement to RS. "I am someone who likes to talk things out and, in fact, I attempted to do just that on many occasions. I am surprised in how this is being handled and I am confident that Will's trademark claims will ultimately be found to be as meritless and ridiculous as I do."

Representatives for Will.i.am had not responded to a request for comment at press time.

http://music.yahoo.com/news/am-take...arrells-am-other-120009551-rolling-stone.html

mean.gif

Will.I.Am. has a point...

If his company is called I AM, and Pharell comes up with I AM OTHER, I can see why he'd be miffed.

Will.I.Am. has a point...

If his company is called I AM, and Pharell comes up with I AM OTHER, I can see why he'd be miffed.
But didn't pharrell try to contact him and also they both been in the game for a while. Couldn't will just call or meet up with him to talk things out before trying to sue him

Curious to see the logo and how it's 'confusing similar'.

Real ironic that Will wants to sue for stealing :nerd: .

WELP time for him to go on the blacklist, there's just some people you don't try to go after to take down

WELP time for him to go on the blacklist, there's just some people you don't try to go after to take down

:rofl: Will I Am is the more prominent figure in the industry

Son got a position at like 5 of the major labels

Back
Top Bottom