Will Lebron and Kobe ever meet in Finals ?

Originally Posted by Foam shox

Originally Posted by xsalvioutlawx

Lebron needs more help.

? it's not enough to be playing with 2 All-stars?  What else does LeBron need? 
laugh.gif
Thats his point

Originally Posted by CP1708

Originally Posted by Peep Game

What the @#$%? 

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Son, the day Duncan retires, we'll never hear about the Spurs ever again.  The Lakers are the Lakers, with or without Kobe, they will always be around.  Forever. 

I couldn't think of any other western teams with a serious shot at the finals, would've said the Grizzlies, but they could easily fall off. 

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
The Lakers have been very fortunate that they have never had transition periods. The day Kobe is not a Laker and not replaced
by somebody who even comes close to him, it's a wrap, and they are fighting the Bobcats and Cavs for draft picks. Do you seriously think Odom and Artest could
lead the Lakers to the finals, along with Brittle Bynum and soft-as-Charmin Gasol?

Do you think Kobe is the reason the Lakers have been relevant for 62 years? 
wink.gif

If it ain't Kobe, it'll be somebody else someday.  It's how we work. 

Mikan to West/Baylor to Kareem to Magic to Shaq to Kobe.  On and on and on it goes.  6+ decades man.  

The Lakers went from having stacked teams to being just Shaq, Kobe, and some other guys since 97, so when ever people left the Lakers, it really didn't matter.
Now the Lakers are a near broke-down yet still really good Kobe, and........? Unless the Lakers plan on trading for Dwight Howard & Chris Paul in the next
coming months, the definite transition period will be in full effect. That's something Laker fans just don't wanna hear, but it's all good man. 

Originally Posted by Foam shox

Originally Posted by xsalvioutlawx

Lebron needs more help.

? it's not enough to be playing with 2 All-stars?  What else does LeBron need? 
joke_over_head-(n1297144930266).jpg

You must not have been in S&T prior to Lebron taking his talents South. 

Peep stars will ALWAYS flock to LA, when this current group runs it's course, you think the Buss' just going to sit on all that freed up cash from Kobe/Pau/LO etc. being gone. Trust the "transition period" for the Lakers will be short if felt at all. They've made the playoffs 57 out of 62 seasons and you think they just going to fall to Cavs status. Doesn't work like that. Never has.

Well not nearly as bad as the Cavs, but if for awhile they were fighting for an 8th seed or even missing out for a little while, it's pretty realistic.

Well not nearly as bad as the Cavs, but if for awhile they were fighting for an 8th seed or even missing out for a little while, it's pretty realistic.
laugh.gif
  I don't think you're getting this.  They moved Shaq, and missed the post for 1 year, 1 of 5 in 62 seasons.  I said 5. 

They also missed out once in the 90's........

So, we goin all the way back into the mid 70's, and the LA Lakers have missed the post 2 times.  TWO times.  You still with me here? 

Kobe/Shaq had nothin to do with over 20 of those years, and we still did pretty good, wouldn't you agree? 

Now, fast forward.  Kobe gone.  Pau, gone.  Lamar gone.  Artest gone.  All of em, all gone.  What would we do?  Gee....hmmmm.....I dunno, how about the fact that we would then be under whatever the cap is by about 45 million dollars? 
nerd.gif
laugh.gif
  If we ain't payin those guys, then we ain't payin anybody.  Which means we have A, a ton of money, B LA to live in/play in, C the history/background of proven winning. 

So I ask you, do you not see some sort of NBA young stars that have grown up the past 10 years watching the LA Lakers win titles and coming into the league, and NOT wanting to make a ton of money and play in LA?  You don't find that possible?  

Maybe it's Dwight, maybe it's Durant, maybe it's Blake G, maybe the kid is still in colllege, maybe it will all 3 of these guys, I don't know, but I do know people will join LA when the time comes.  It's been happening for SIX DECADES.  Why would you think that would stop suddenly?  Cuz Kobe left? 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
  Said the same thing after Magic, said the same thing after Shaq, it'll be the same thing after Kobe too.  It's what LA does. 

Maybe in the finals of the Turkish league . . . Because I don't think we'll be seeing an NBA ball anytime soon.

Originally Posted by jcbacall

like it matters. LeBron will just perform the same ol' disappearing act he does in the finals. whats the point?

Co-signing this....
+

Probably not...

*DEAD* @ caveman v. dinosaur
but yeah they'll NEVER play against each other in the finals
and yes the Lakes ALWAYS get players and we're ALWAYS relevant so c'mon son

Damn CP, it's middle of an off-season when we don't have any basketball.

Even I don't have it in me to muster up an argument against silly statements.

as Skip would say, depends on if Dwyane Wade can get Lebron to the finals next year.

Originally Posted by 2o6

DAT REVENUE

this would EASILY double the superbowl revenue if it went 7 games
floor seats would be 90k each
sick.gif

$1135   x  19,600 x's 7 games= 155,722,000  in tickets , and thats if mavs/heat woulda went 7.

advertisement would be
sick.gif

Stern just came off the thought of this.
Sadly, this prob won't happen. Way to F things up, Mavs. 
mad.gif
mad.gif

laugh.gif
  I don't think you're getting this.  They moved Shaq, and missed the post for 1 year, 1 of 5 in 62 seasons.  I said 5. 

They also missed out once in the 90's........

So, we goin all the way back into the mid 70's, and the LA Lakers have missed the post 2 times.  TWO times.  You still with me here? 

Kobe/Shaq had nothin to do with over 20 of those years, and we still did pretty good, wouldn't you agree? 

Now, fast forward.  Kobe gone.  Pau, gone.  Lamar gone.  Artest gone.  All of em, all gone.  What would we do?  Gee....hmmmm.....I dunno, how about the fact that we would then be under whatever the cap is by about 45 million dollars? 
nerd.gif
laugh.gif
  If we ain't payin those guys, then we ain't payin anybody.  Which means we have A, a ton of money, B LA to live in/play in, C the history/background of proven winning. 

So I ask you, do you not see some sort of NBA young stars that have grown up the past 10 years watching the LA Lakers win titles and coming into the league, and NOT wanting to make a ton of money and play in LA?  You don't find that possible?  

Maybe it's Dwight, maybe it's Durant, maybe it's Blake G, maybe the kid is still in colllege, maybe it will all 3 of these guys, I don't know, but I do know people will join LA when the time comes.  It's been happening for SIX DECADES.  Why would you think that would stop suddenly?  Cuz Kobe left? 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
  Said the same thing after Magic, said the same thing after Shaq, it'll be the same thing after Kobe too.  It's what LA does. 

Apparently you missed that part, but being that you're a Lakers fan, I expected that. It's a realistic possibility that that COULD happen, and I mentioned unless they make trades (if you
actually read, I mentioned Dwight Howard and Chris Paul), that that could full well be the case. New coach, new system, an aging roster and guys they keep holding on too, all key
variables that make that a possibility, and a pretty high one with other teams moving up. Yes, LA is an attractive city to be, but not if a losing culture develops. Yes, the Lakers always
manage to reload, but they are in a position now where it would be very hard to do with the people they have and the amount of money they have invested in those players. I know you
support the Lakers through and through, but my dude, get out of that box you in cause you sounding like the average delusional Laker fan.

Apparently you missed that part, but being that you're a Lakers fan, I expected that. It's a realistic possibility that that COULD happen, and I mentioned unless they make trades (if you
actually read, I mentioned Dwight Howard and Chris Paul), that that could full well be the case. New coach, new system, an aging roster and guys they keep holding on too, all key
variables that make that a possibility, and a pretty high one with other teams moving up. Yes, LA is an attractive city to be, but not if a losing culture develops. Yes, the Lakers always
manage to reload, but they are in a position now where it would be very hard to do with the people they have and the amount of money they have invested in those players. I know you
support the Lakers through and through, but my dude, get out of that box you in cause you sounding like the average delusional Laker fan.
Ok, so what are you saying?  A year?  3 years?  This current roster has 2 years left (ya know, if we play NBA next year of course
laugh.gif

So that's up to 2013 

Then they all leave. 

So 2014 we either reload then, or take that year off, save up all our money and go for broke by 2015 or so.  Which is easily possible. 

So, is that missing out for a while, or do you expect us to sit on our thumbs for 3-4 years, something that has never happened before?  That's what I was getting at. 

Ok, so what are you saying?  A year?  3 years?  This current roster has 2 years left (ya know, if we play NBA next year of course
laugh.gif

So that's up to 2013 

Then they all leave. 

So 2014 we either reload then, or take that year off, save up all our money and go for broke by 2015 or so.  Which is easily possible. 

So, is that missing out for a while, or do you expect us to sit on our thumbs for 3-4 years, something that has never happened before?  That's what I was getting at. 
Yes sir that would definitely be missing awhile, but either of them are realistic possibilities. But to get back to the OP question though,  a Lebron/Kobe finals
ain't happening unless Kobe is on the Heat, or Kobe is fine backing up somebody, cause Kobe in the next couple years is more '10/'11 playoffs Kobe than
MVP Kobe.

Originally Posted by dyyhard

as Skip would say, depends on if Dwyane Wade can get Lebron to the finals next year.

I believe Skip said Wade carried LeBron in the finals. He's not stupid enough to say that Wade carried LeBron to the finals?

The only way Kobe and Lebron will meet in the finals in the next couple of years is if:

1) Kobe joins a western powerhouse at that point, coming off the bench (probably for the Spurs or Thunder)

2) Kobe joins Miami, and they are both on the court at the same time
eek.gif

pimp.gif

I'll take Mamba for his last few seasons.  Spurs aren't close to being a powerhouse though 
ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom