Will Smith "Why I turned down the Matrix"

3 pages in and we haven’t acknowledged The Wachowski.......Sisters

3A379956-3B13-413A-A563-E7F810B67893.jpeg

CF48B725-004A-4533-8CD9-5AA78E847CC9.png

One of the most underrated films and underrated scenes in a film. I watched this film in theaters cause I’m a HUGE Speed Racer fan and was in awe. Movie was too ahead of its time. Literally would get high and watch this and get goosebumps

Wachowskis peaked at the wrong time. This film would make a killin were it out in this day and age.

Before we keep the matrix talk going let’s make this clear;

. First movie was great
. 2nd movie had some of the worst cgi ever seen in a movie and outside the good action was trash
. 3rd was complete trash

. First movie was great
. 2nd movie had some of the worst cgi ever seen in a movie and outside the good action was trash
. 3rd was complete trash

Bad cgi? You mean the freeway scene?

. First movie was great
. 3rd was complete trash

I feel like the invention of HD ruined that. If you watch it low def, it looks pretty passable.

. First movie was great
. 3rd was complete trash

I felt that the third movie was slightly better than the second, which was pure trash. The only thing redeemable (and memorable) about the second was Monica Bellucci.

monica-bellucci-matrix-photo-9.jpg

I feel like the invention of HD ruined that. If you watch it low def, it looks pretty passable.

Na, now I’m remembering. That fight scene was pretty bad lol. It really looked like they were totaling them Escalades on the freeway tho

Matrix 1 worked becuase it was “minimal” even for what it was. Lots of story kinda just glossed over leaving a lot to think about. Once they started really explaining things it was stupid and riddled with the most painfully obvious biblical references

One of the most underrated films and underrated scenes in a film. I watched this film in theaters cause I’m a HUGE Speed Racer fan and was in awe. Movie was too ahead of its time. Literally would get high and watch this and get goosebumps

Wachowskis peaked at the wrong time. This film would make a killin were it out in this day and age.

lamekilla lamekilla You're on something foul man. Speed Racer was cheeks, I don't think a little kid would've even been impressed with that montage you linked to. :smh:

Last decent joint that the Wachowskis were involved in was V for Vendetta and that wasn't an original concept either.

lamekilla lamekilla You're on something foul man. Speed Racer was cheeks, I don't think a little kid would've even been impressed with that montage you linked to. :smh:

Last decent joint that the Wachowskis were involved in was V for Vendetta and that wasn't an original concept either.

Whaaa??? The visuals were crazy for '08. Mind you this is the same summer we got Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk, Indiana Jones 4 and The Dark Knight. It got lost in the craziness of that summer movie season. Racer X getting plastic surgery and being with a black chick :nthat: Movie won't be appreciate til the year 2100

Not sure why this is still a thing being talked about 20 years later. Its not like declining The Matrix prevented him from being a big star. He was still, at one point, the biggest movie star in the world. Around I Am Legend/Hancock time. He put some blockbusters on his back.

Not sure why this is still a thing being talked about 20 years later. Its not like declining The Matrix prevented him from being a big star. He was still, at one point, the biggest movie star in the world. Around I Am Legend/Hancock time. He put some blockbusters on his back.

I personally loved Wild Wild West and still do. I think the right decision was made. Matrix wouldn't have become what it was had Will been Neo. We'd probably look at it like some weird post apocalyptic version of State of the Enemy. Another great film that time has forgotten.

Back
Top Bottom