Will there ever be another Hell Hath No Fury?

Plush, high end coke raps...No one has even come to releasing such a solid effort on the subject matter since it's release.

Granted, the topic of drug dealing is/has gone stale (this is subjective, with the likes of Gotti & Gucci, and newcomers like Alley on the rise, there will always be a niche for trap rap), we all have grown up.... but I can honestly say with a earnest face, HHNF is my generations OB4CL.

Why does it always have to be about over rate and under rate?

HHNF is an album that either speaks to you or doesn't...

There arent a lot of people who are meh on it. You either think it's one of the greats (which I dont think is true..even tho it is one of my favorite albums ever) or you thought it was trash.

For me...Pusha T is the best rapper in the world. And I love dark music and this was Clipse at its darkest. The lyrics were dark, the production was dark and they were in a dark place at the time...for my taste it was a perfect storm.

Now to answer the question of the OP...NO, Not a chance. Push is about to have a solid solo debut and Malice is about to change his name and take his spiritual consciousness on tracks to the next level.

So there will never be as gritty or dark Clipse album again. A couple tracks here and there, yes. Whole album, never.

It's the best produced hip hop album in a very long time, and one of my favorites ever. No country for HHNF slander round me...

http://musicalexcellence.niketalk.yuku.com/
MusicalExcellence
Addict4Sneaker
Big ATZ
LilManiak23
foxdawg2000
0renthalJames
airmaxpenny1
Bigmike23
Mangudai954

k0szet.jpg

This is my most played Hip-Hop/Rap album of all time, EASY.
pimp.gif

To answer OP's question w/ one word, NO.

HHNF was ok but lord willin was great...Pusha's verse on im not you was DISGUSTING yea all they do is rap about cocaine but all these other rappers have the same subject matter its just the way it works...u rap about what you know, ur body of work should reflect what you've been through and who you are...them $+*+++ are drug dealers *!!% u expect them to rap about...college debt?

Originally Posted by gunnascott

IMO its their best album but it not their best body of work. The production and lyrism makes it one of the best albums in the past 15 years

WGIFC vol.2>>HHNF
I'm flabbergasted.
[h1]
[/h1]

Originally Posted by MR FREEZE

The album is a top twenty of the decade ... in alot of music reviewers list

I'm gonna need to see some proof, because LOL at this being a top 20 album of any decade. It might scratch a top 20 rap list at the very end of that list. Might.

FTR, I do enjoy the hell out of this album.

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

Originally Posted by 0renthalJames

Overrating on The Clipse has gotten to that point. I like Clipse (bought first 2 albums) but these dudes are stale, SPECIALLY Pusha T. It's mind blowing how overrated Pusha T and how people really think dude is some sort of genius on the mic. The guy has zero subject matter, at least Malice tries to be introspective. Pusha's verse dissing Consequence, should be a wake up call, cause that %+%@ was whack

-The Juice

I could understand the Pusha T stuff which is why I don't think he'll be all that great as a solo artist but at rapping I don't see how they are overrated. And if they're stale then so is every weed rapper yall love (Wiz, Currensy and a few NT rappers themselves). Clipse rap about coke WAYYY more creatively than every other trap rap type dudes out today that's why I like em.   
And you'll NEVER see someone make a "Will there ever be another Deal or No Deal" Will there ever be another Covert Coup"

It was just yall introduction to a rap album without samples and with real drums. Yall didnt know what to do with yall selves

Album was mediocre

Lord Willin >

i can see why music critics love this album. musically, its amazing. and for a few months, i played the heck out of this. but i've had no desire to play it since then. which hurts its credibility somewhat. 

Originally Posted by MusicalExcellence

yall overrate the +%+! outta this album... its not that good
This.

Shoulda seen my face when I read the title
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
alien.gif
ohwell.gif
tired.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

Overrating on The Clipse has gotten to that point. I like Clipse (bought first 2 albums) but these dudes are stale, SPECIALLY Pusha T. It's mind blowing how overrated Pusha T and how people really think dude is some sort of genius on the mic. The guy has zero subject matter, at least Malice tries to be introspective. Pusha's verse dissing Consequence, should be a wake up call, cause that %+%@ was whack

-The Juice

I could understand the Pusha T stuff which is why I don't think he'll be all that great as a solo artist but at rapping I don't see how they are overrated. And if they're stale then so is every weed rapper yall love (Wiz, Currensy and a few NT rappers themselves). Clipse rap about coke WAYYY more creatively than every other trap rap type dudes out today that's why I like em.   
And you'll NEVER see someone make a "Will there ever be another Deal or No Deal" Will there ever be another Covert Coup"
I'm pretty sure I can see a Wiz stan doing if not before, definitely now. More along the lines of "Will There Ever Be Another How Fly?" or "Will There Ever Be Another POTC2?" cuz the way Wiz going we won't.

Only difference I see is Wiz repetitive subject matter still enables him to make good music. I can listen to Ghost and Rae rap about coke all day, not so much with the Clipse.

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

-The Juice

99% certain if the world continues after 2012 we will.

I don't think there will be, and hopefully they won't even try for that, cause sequel type albums like that are rarely ever
as good (besides OB4CL2). I don't see how it could be considered overrated though. It had probably the best Neptunes
beats ever produced, and Clipse at a lyrical high. You can rap about the most mundane things, but if you do it in very
convincing creative fashion, it's all good. That's the difference between drug rap by Raekwon and Gucci Mane. And how
could you not like "Nightmares", "Keys Open Doors", "Wamp Wamp", and "Ride Around Shinin"?? Trill is really the only bad
song on there, I just avoid it.

Back
Top Bottom