Will This Baby Receive The Same Flack As Others Before Him Vol. Taking My Ball And Going Home

laugh.gif

Get real.

No, I am not a Cavs fan (or a LeBron fan).

laugh.gif
carson palmer /= lebron james

plenty of players hold out all the time...i think the significance to the team matters...for instance if brady did it there would be Lebron type problems

Lol at comparing him to Lebron's situation
Lebron left a 60 win team...the Bengals were 4-12 and Carson is 32.

Because the last time Carson Palmer was truly relevant Niketalk was still on EZBoard.

Originally Posted by cartune

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

he cant unretire and go to a different team, they would still own his rights.
He comes back next year the ball is in his court because Bengals would have to pay him more money so they would have to release him or pay him 

so then the bengals would have to honor the contract they gave him? how dare they do such a thing!
laugh.gif

Because LeBron is the best player in the league...Carson Palmer and Big Z are trash. Obviously the fans were hurt by Lebron leaving, no one gives a @@#% when a scrub leaves.

Stop playing the race card all the time. Lebron made a total %*# of himself and was treated as such.

Didn't he retire though?  He's done.  No one gets mad at anyone who retires.

Why is ESPN not attacking dude for actually quitting on his team?? 
Free Agency and Making a Decision vs. Not fullfilling a contract and quitting on your team

O and the "I dont like how the other guy did it" goes out the window this fool is retiring only to un retire next year. 

Im just trying to understand how this works. We need balance

nerd.gif
1.he's made it quite clear he's not happy for years
2. he's not the top player at his position
3. he never promised cinci a ring
4. he sold his home and gave management a  ultimatum ahead of time(no "maybe's" or one hour shows)
5. he would be more than willing to be used a "trade bait" meaning he can provide cinci with a usefull pick or player
6. he's not the "hometown kid"
7.cleveland catered to lebrons every need, coaches have stated cinci's facilities are the worst in the L.

Originally Posted by PMatic

Because the last time Carson Palmer was truly relevant Niketalk was still on EZBoard.
People in Cincy should be rejoicing that they don't have to pay this bum any more money. 

Because no one really gives a %%$* about Carson Palmer anymore. He has sucked balls for the last couple years.

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

he cant unretire and go to a different team, they would still own his rights.
He comes back next year the ball is in his court because Bengals would have to pay him more money so they would have to release him or pay him 
do u like or dislike palmer?
you want him to extort the team ?
retiring instead of collecting $$ from the team is more honarable, and it shows his passion for the game. he knows he's taking a paycut the second he bounces from cinci.

I was under the impression I was supposed to hate Lebron because he quit on his team not because he was good.

I dont mind what Carson's doing but the way the media is making excuses for him but condemning a past free agent isnt making sense.

Chad Johnson did similar antics a few years ago and this offseason & ESPN told me I was suppose to care but the QB does it and we blame the owner.

Im just tryin to understand the streets

I was under the impression I was supposed to hate Lebron because he quit on his team not because he was good.

I dont mind what Carson's doing but the way the media is making excuses for him but condemning a past free agent isnt making sense.

Chad Johnson did similar antics a few years ago and this offseason & ESPN told me I was suppose to care but the QB does it and we blame the owner.

espn gave lebron a special and bashed him for it on 1st and 10,around the horn, pti,outside the lines etc. dont let espn tell you anything .

This is what should have been your premise to start the thread. Comparing Palmer's antics to Ochocinco makes sense but putting Palmer in the same class as LBJ one the top 5 players in the NBA is a reach. Even when he had the best year of his career I would not have put Palmer in the top 5 players in the NFL. ESPN doesn't "tell you" anything if you choose to buy into what BSPN puts on the air that is your fault. Americans are not the brightest bulbs in the house.

Yeah, Carson is the problem.
30t6p3b.gif

The Bengals are a crappily run organization. Don't worry though, Bruce Gradkowski is on the way.
laugh.gif

Actually, I think only one of the topics was centered around the media's treatment of Palmer.

The other was just another thinly veiled cry-about-the-injustices-against-LeBron-James thread.

I love that Mike is afraid that if he "rewards" Carson by trading other players may do it as well. How awful is your organization if you have to worry about that? He has serious issues

I didn't fault Corey leaving, Chad trying to (now instead of first round picks he will just be released, nice move), or Carson leaving. Horrible work environment

Back
Top Bottom