Will Westbrook soon be the most hated player in the NBA?

Originally Posted by TheGrimm

Lock this goofy thread up, man.
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by bence23

still so crazy to me lebron went from most loved to most hated over one decision

The Decision has been blown out of proportion. So has the 7 championships thing. He said it lightheartedly and anyone who thought he was actually guaranteeing 7 rings is delusional. ESPN has played a big role in people hating LeBron by their 24 hrs coverage of him, ala Tebow. 

Do people realize that half the time Durant can't get himself open? He still can't use screens effectively to free himself. There were so many times today when Westbrook's literally trying to hand Durant the ball, but Durant just can't get himself open, with the shot clock running down Westbrook has to try and create his own shot. And with OKC being an isolation heavy team, there's not much he can do but to either pass to Durant/Harden or create his own shot. Yeah he gets out of control sometimes, but without him, OKC definitely wouldn't be in the finals.

Most hated in NBA ? Reach

The title still belong to Lebron as the most hated.

The media like ESPN need something to make a story of. The public need something to root against. That something is Lebron, the decision, Lebron unclutchness, Lebron take a shortcut , the Heat etc.

It will be like this until Lebron go to another team or retire

Do people realize that half the time Durant can't get himself open? He still can't use screens effectively to free himself. There were so many times today when Westbrook's literally trying to hand Durant the ball, but Durant just can't get himself open, with the shot clock running down Westbrook has to try and create his own shot. And with OKC being an isolation heavy team, there's not much he can do but to either pass to Durant/Harden or create his own shot. Yeah he gets out of control sometimes, but without him, OKC definitely wouldn't be in the finals.

i wonder why the "superstar" with only 8 assists this entire finals has been getting a free pass.

if that was kobe or lebron with only 8 assists through 4 finals games with their team down 3-1 they be getting torn apart by the media, NT and everyone inbetween

Westbrook would turn into an all-time great under Doc Rivers and Rondo would crumble like a stale cookie under Scott Brooks...

Originally Posted by Rex Ryan

i wonder why the "superstar" with only 8 assists this entire finals has been getting a free pass.

if that was kobe or lebron with only 8 assists through 4 finals games with their team down 3-1 they be getting torn apart by the media, NT and everyone inbetween

But but he's such a great guy and remarkable talent

Originally Posted by krazy88s

Lol
laugh.gif
 krazy88s' comment just reminded me of the Dave Chappelle episode of the Michael Jackson trial when he said "He made Thriller; Thriller!!!" 

Im lost is Lebron going to die soon?

No?

It always will be Lebron until he hangs his sneakers up.

Originally Posted by krazy88s

Its his first time being in the Finals though, and his job is to pretty much score. Guy was a monster the first two Finals games especially in the 4th quarters, but Miami has been playing him very physical without the ball and he still has room for improvement.
Lebron would never have 8 assists in a playoff series, the guy is a natural PG with the body of a PF.

Kobe having 8 assists in a playoff series seems more likely, but he has 6 chips so he can do whatever he wants
laugh.gif

Well, events happen, so I guess it's possible
ohwell.gif

SneakerPro wrote:
People will hate Lebron unless he goes back to Cleveland and wins a championship.

Yes! And Cleveland would be DUMB if LeBron wanted to come back years from now and they didn't take him back. They are completely irrelevant without him. 

Originally Posted by BallinBoykz

No. He hasnt guaranteed 7 championships.

Yeeeah.. THAT is why people hate LeBron.
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif

Lebron would never have 8 assists in a playoff series

Say what?
laugh.gif
He already has like 5 playoff series in his career where he averaged 8 assists.

Originally Posted by ai3mac1

Please stop making sense. 
indifferent.gif

There should be a restriction when it comes to making threads with players that played within the last 12 hours. This prisoner of the moment nonsense is out of hand. No way anyone in their right mind could think Westbrook could be hated more than Bron. Come on OP. 

Xtapolapacetl wrote:

Lebron would never have 8 assists in a playoff series

Say what?
laugh.gif
He already has like 5 playoff series in his career where he averaged 8 assists.
I don't mean it as if he would never reach that number, I'm just saying that Lebron is not the kind of player who would ONLY get 8 assists in a playoff series (since Rex said he would get killed if he ever had that low a number).
...and this OKC is the same team that was near dead last in assists as a team this season....you can get on KD for the rebounds last night that's fine, but the assists is not what has been expected from him this year. KD and Westbrook have done their job....everyone else on the other hand.....

LeBron will have that title for awhile... Even if he wins a ring. Some people just look for any excuse they can find with him.

I see how some people get frustrated with Westbrook's game sometimes, but his scoring & style of play wins a lot of games for OKC. With Westbrook, he's a great second option to Durant & just like yesterday, the team is gonna need him to play his style of game to not only win games, but in some cases, take over. A lot of people just need to understand he's not a passing PG, he's a scorer... People are gonna have to get used to his score first mentality as a PG.

Funny how he has a great game & people praise him (For example JVG yesterday talking about his game was one of the best Finals performances in years... *Before the foul
laugh.gif
) but when he struggles people are quick to point the finger.
nerd.gif

Melo's hate doesn't hold a candle to Bron's at the moment but if he has another iffy season and the Knicks are an 8th seed again......well he still wouldn't be that close to the level of Bron's hate but he would be the clear #2.

I don't think Melo or Russ will ever reach that kinda hate level. It takes elite talent and circumstances to reach that level.

Kobe, Lebron level hate isn't easily attained.

Once LeBron gets a ring, what can anyone say to him?

Westbrook will never be polarizing. People just have qualms with his decision making, most of the time.

Melo & Chris Paul will be the next people in line for ridicule about 0 rings.

One ring won't silence a majority of those that hate him.

"He had to get Wade's help"
"He'll never have more than Jordan or Kobe"
"He's too egotistical"
"He still can't take over in the 4th quarter"

Some reasons are just unfair for any player, some are just illogical and petty, and some will continue even though they've been proven false. I hope I'm wrong, but the animosity people have built up won't disappear after one championship.
Edit - and I'm not saying you can't hate Lebron.. just a lot of reasons are baseless. 

Originally Posted by CoolNClutch

LeBron will continue to get hated on until he retires. Winning a championship or two won't change that. People don't hate him because he didn't win a ring. It's the way he handled himself during the Decision that will be why he won't be beloved.

LeBron's gotta be one of the least respected superstars among his peers in the NBA. I mean, he gets confronted by people on the court all the time, even spares like John Lucas. Plus you always hear players call him out in the media, most recently Ibaka
laugh.gif
Shouldn't people be over that lame &@^# right now? Especially if you aren't actually from Cleveland/Ohio?

Originally Posted by AZwildcats

Originally Posted by bence23

still so crazy to me lebron went from most loved to most hated over one decision

The Decision has been blown out of proportion. So has the 7 championships thing. He said it lightheartedly and anyone who thought he was actually guaranteeing 7 rings is delusional. ESPN has played a big role in people hating LeBron by their 24 hrs coverage of him, ala Tebow. 
THANK YOU!  SOMEONE gets it!!!

I had to bold it and underline it for the idiots out there that STILL think he said, "I guarantee not 1, not 2...not 7 championships"  GO back, watch and listen to that welcome party video again.  He NEVER EVER said that.  He said he CAME down there to not only win one championship but multiple.  The stupid haters and the media just spun his words as if he said he'll actually WIN that amount rather than TRY to win that amount.

Back
Top Bottom