Window Tint Question

.hi guys im planning on getting my car windows tinted next week and was wondering if anybody had pics of any cars with 35% tint all over? 35% tint is the legal limit here in chicago and im still debating whether it will be dark enough or not. my car is silver with a black leather interior. also if anybody in the chicago area knows of a good shop that does tints please let me know

I got 20% and I live in the DMV, the legal limit her is also 35% but its just to light...20% is just right, not to dark and not to light, and at night they look like 5%

i have huper optik 50 and its an amazing tint product. it looks like 50% tint so i don't get hassled by cops but still manages to block out 99% of UV and 50-60% of heat.

cost $400 for a 3-series coupe, not including windshield. i live in los angeles.

edit: huper optik is ceramic tint so it will never fade and is extremely thin, putting less stress on your window regulator as you open and close em.

no tints on the front 2, 15% all around the back
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by recycledpaper

i have huper optik 50 and its an amazing tint product. it looks like 50% tint so i don't get hassled by cops but still manages to block out 99% of UV and 50-60% of heat.

cost $400 for a 3-series coupe, not including windshield. i live in los angeles.

edit: huper optik is ceramic tint so it will never fade and is extremely thin, putting less stress on your window regulator as you open and close em.
Whoa, I was able to get 5 windows tinted on my Maxima for $130 in Brooklyn, NY 20% tint BTW

My 1st truck... 5% on both sides and 10% on the front...

My truck I have now... 20% all around...

At night, it looks much darker, esp since my interior is black... so I switch the sunroof cover off and keep the center console monitor lit to add some light during those dark hours or when i ride pass police...

NO I use to tint on the side for extra money. 20 percent is darkest you can go without being pulled you can pull it off trust me. Just dont put a tint strip in the front and you will be ok.

You will be disapointed if you get 35%

i got 5 % on my navigator all the way around, and a strip up front.. never get hassled.. only time i did is when i had my winshield limo too.. i live in tampa btw

Originally Posted by bwood056

i got 5 % on my navigator all the way around, and a strip up front.. never get hassled.. only time i did is when i had my winshield limo too.. i live in tampa btw
dont listen to this man, he doesnt even own a car

Originally Posted by kidposite

Originally Posted by DieselG5

Go with 20%. Everyone I know that got 35 complains that it's too light.

yup, i should have gotten 20 instead of 35

ohwell.gif
yeah. Sometimes it looks good, but mostly that 35 just isn't dark enough

Originally Posted by BallinB

Originally Posted by bwood056

dont listen to this man, he doesnt even own a car

roll.gif

I had the same dilema 2 years ago. I went in to the shop thinking I was going to get 35%, but I saw it on a car out there, and it was just way to light. Had to go with 20% all around. During the day, you can kind of see in. At night, it is pitch black though.

Like everyone else is saying 35% is really light. I went with 15% all around and it looks great imo. I kind of wish it was darker still, just a little though, not much.
Any lower than 15-20% and you'll have trouble with night-time driving though.

Shop around and find out who does it with pre-cut films. I wouldn't trust anybody with a knife inside my car. You shouldn't pay more than $150 unless you step up to ceramic tint, which isn't worth the price unless you plan on keeping the car forever imo.

Originally Posted by diceloveme

Originally Posted by recycledpaper

Whoa, I was able to get 5 windows tinted on my Maxima for $130 in Brooklyn, NY 20% tint BTW
Sounds like a ripoff, I live in L.A. too and got 35% on the front windows and 15% on the back windows for $180. When it's bright and hot as hell outside, I can roll up the windows and it gets cooler in my car instantly.

What's legal % in NJ?

I've been thinking of getting tints, but I already have bad luck with cops as is.

I used to have 5% on sides and hatch of my trans am.It was nice on hot sunny days but at night or cloudy days i hated it.I would literally come within inches of hitting curbs at night when I was turning because I couldnt see out the side window,the rear view mirror and side mirrors were hard to see at night too.I never got pulled over for the 5% though. Id get 20%.

if u gonna get any tint you minus well get 5% cause you know them popo gonna on you regardless
smh.gif

Originally Posted by gboy1230

if u gonna get any tint you minus well get 5% cause you know them popo gonna on you regardless
smh.gif
might as well*

but yes 5% especially here in cali...five-oh are haters

Back
Top Bottom