Windows 7 opinions?

just checking in, needed info as well
nerd.gif

It's not out yet. The release candidate just came out today the 5th. Not the retail version. I had the Beta as a second OS, liked it, now I'mdownloading the RC and going to use it as my primary OS since its free until May 2010.

I have a new laptop and don't know what to do with the os

it has vista, but I don't know if I should keep vista, go back to xp or wait til 7

I didnt dl the beta, but it looked good from what I saw on other peoples systems.
I know I'll be replacing my XP system in August (or whenever it comes out), as well as upgrade my hard drive finally.
By chance does anyone know if it'll take up as much space as Vista does? My laptop cant even play COD4
smh.gif

Originally Posted by 18key

I didnt dl the beta, but it looked good from what I saw on other peoples systems.
I know I'll be replacing my XP system in August (or whenever it comes out), as well as upgrade my hard drive finally.
By chance does anyone know if it'll take up as much space as Vista does? My laptop cant even play COD4
smh.gif
COD4 is kind of demanding. Not really Crysis demanding, but still needs some power. Windows 7 is definitely less of a resource hog though.

it has vista, but I don't know if I should keep vista, go back to xp or wait til 7
If you're laptop came with vista pre-installed, I wouldn't bother going back to XP. If you know what you're doing, you can make aclean install of Windows 7 RC and use that. By the time the RC is no longer usable, you will most likely be able to purchase a retail copy of Win7.

The Beta looked cool and a few users on here said it was pretty legit. Been thinking about getting it.

My friend has the beta running on his rig. I only got to look at it through its flashy details nothing more. It looks interesting though, from what he said itruns better than vista.

It bites off a lot of things that OS 10.5 has on the Mac. But Windows has no choice, OS 10 is superior to both XP and Vista so they needed to add some of thoseoptions. I haven't tried it but one of my co-workers has and said it was good. Def much better than Vista. I never bought a Vista machine so thankfully Inever dealt with that stuff.

When more programs and whatnot become more compatible with it, I'll def get it. Until then....XP FTW

Originally Posted by SaNTi0321

Originally Posted by 18key

smh.gif
COD4 is kind of demanding. Not really Crysis demanding, but still needs some power. Windows 7 is definitely less of a resource hog though.
Yeah I know. But my laptop cant play Battlefield 1942 without having the video card crash.
#@%#%@% Vaio's.

Thanks for the info tho. Thats making it sound even more appealing.

Originally Posted by the north west

You can dual boot dude (2 different OS's on the same system / hard drive).

Something like this should do. I have a secondary drive where I just play around with new OS's randomly but the instructions below should be for 1 harddrive partitioned.
http://www.techspot.com/guides/143-dual-boot-windows7/

It is going to me amazing...the relaunch of Windows.

I can't wait.... MSDNAA ftw!

i dl it.. but still debating if i should add it to my mac as another opp or replace my xp partition...

Back
Top Bottom