Winning Time: The Rise of the Lakers Dynasty : Season 2 Out Now

Wood Harris is the man. He deserves a big time roll. Get him a best supporting actor nom, He's so legit

was so strange to see dude in such a small role in antman

i get doing this role with how so many people are involved

but always wonder why dude did get some bigger roles after remember the titans and then the wire.. But dude always does work when he’s in something

was so strange to see dude in such a small role in antman

i get doing this role with how so many people are involved

but always wonder why dude did get some bigger roles after remember the titans and then the wire.. But dude always does work when he’s in something

One of the most underrated actors ever. Iconic roles

4E782494-4BBC-4C5D-A27B-A4BA3768BC2C.jpeg

61714D32-A488-4905-83A1-700124A29558.jpeg

3C2F576F-0BFF-465F-9547-FD305A3A67BD.gif

507283DC-AD87-4CBF-9DD3-79F1FDCAC1AD.jpeg

Wood Harris is just incredible.

At this point I can barely evaluate the show objectively.

Seeing Kareem, Jerry West, Julius Irving, Magic is just way too entertaining

Just give me any scene of random NBA legends doing stuff and I'm totally transfixed. :lol:

They made Game 6 a lil more tense than it actually was, but overall a good close to S1.

Now I wonder if they do 1981 or skip ahead a lil bit to '84 for S2.

I wonder how many seasons they can get out of this. They could probably skim through the 81 season and 83 where they got swept by Philly

But you would think there would be part of an episode on Westhead and Magic falling out and Pat Riley taking over.

Losing to Boston in 84 and bouncing back in 85 has potential. As does the 87-88 squads.

They could probably condense 89-91 though.

^ with how they went about it, I’d say they could go up to the ‘91 finals and the L to the bulls

that let’s them go through everything 80s inclusive the bad boys pistons.. and then you have the change over of the league to jordan

but not sure how much they’d stretch the seasons out, whether a season covers 2 NBA seasons or you’re dealing with the segments of things like bad boys pistons and those finals are a season

That's kind of cold that Kareem was dominating in the finals and Magic got it for one game. Kareem was averaging 33 PPG while Magic was 21 PPG. Magic was all-around presence while Kareem provided defense in the middle, scoring.

That's kind of cold that Kareem was dominating in the finals and Magic got it for one game. Kareem was averaging 33 PPG while Magic was 21 PPG. Magic was all-around presence while Kareem provided defense in the middle, scoring.
The show is insinuating that David Stern had a vision of what basketball could be and an agenda he had to get it there.

:pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

This is the beautiful part about a weekly release and where Netflix really fails. You can't grow your audience if you drop the whole season at once. A show like this started off with pretty ordinary ratings and it's audience grew every week due to positive word of mouth (and a little bit of controversy). Looking forward to season 2.

That’s a wild accusation. It sounds like a popularity contests spurred by the media’s dislike of cap.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/ente...ic-johnson-finals-mvp-hero-finale/9677238002/

It’s wild how Kareem’s name isn’t up there with Jordan or Lebron or Magic/Kobe.
It's not really that wild. It's still believed that the 1985 draft was rigged to get Patrick Ewing to the knicks because the NBA needed stars in big markets to grow the sport, and Stern was then commissioner. I would buy that Stern had an agenda knowing he'd be next in line at the time in 1980 and seeing Magic's star power to help promote the struggling NBA at the time.

Back
Top Bottom