Wisdom Teeth Unnappreciation Vol. Pain Pills

Originally Posted by NJstress03

i got all 4 of my wisdom teeh pulled when i was 12. i didnt take any pain pills afterwards, in fact that same night i went with a bunch of my friends to the movies to go watch halloween H20. (yes i know, it was a long time ago lol)
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Your lucky you got yours pulled when you were so young so your gums werent as stubborn. if your in yours 20s and your wisdom teeth are coming inlike my back left one. Its not a good experience.
sick.gif
smh.gif

Am I the only one that didn't have absolutely no pain after wisdom teeth extraction? No pain, no pain killers needed. Then again, all 4 of mine had alreadyfully grown out.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

for the 2nd time.....DO NOT GET LOCAL ANAESTHESIA!!!!!

For those of you who didn't get knocked out, why did you choose local? Makes no sense to me (unless you got a medical condition which prohibits you from general).
I got local anaesthesia because it was something that I could afford paying four figures is way too much

the operation wasn't a big deal and I also had all four taken out

and I had barley any pain after the operation

sold most of my pills to my buddy

To anyone who is getting them out soon; use your pain pills wisely. I have one left and no refills so I gotta stick to motrin now. FML.

Someone tell me why exactly you need them taken out? cause I'm scared as hell now to go to the dentist knowing I might have to get mine extracted

damn i get mine out this summer... is there a price difference from local and general anesthesia? id rather be out than awake.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

for the 2nd time.....DO NOT GET LOCAL ANAESTHESIA!!!!!

For those of you who didn't get knocked out, why did you choose local? Makes no sense to me (unless you got a medical condition which prohibits you from general).

I had one wisdom tooth taken out in Iraq with no anything...and a sanitized pair of pliers from the motor pool to pull it out. Not the worst day of my life,but it's up there.

edit: Oh yeah, and they didn't have anything to stitch it up either.

Just be thankful you didn't have a double set (8 in all).

Took me almost two hours to wake up after the surgery. They got so tired of waiting for me that when I woke up, I rolled off the bed because nobody was there.

Man... they knocked me out with nitrogen. Didn't feel a thing until the next day, and it wasn't too bad. They removed 4 wisdom teeth, and 1 molar thatwas impacted. Didn't swell up too much either.

They didn't ask me what I wanted to do. They just put an IV in my arm and put me to sleep. Some people get laughing gas and I've heard of some peoplejust getting their jaw numbed.
Just hope that they've grown in a little and weren't all the way in your gums like mine. Cause if so they're gonna have to saw into your gums andthat's gonna prolong recovery. This is easily the worst week of my life.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by McRaptor

Someone tell me why exactly you need them taken out? cause I'm scared as hell now to go to the dentist knowing I might have to get mine extracted
you only need them out if they start bothering you...mine were growing up under my other teeth so every few months it would bother me...if theydont bother you you should be fine...

vanilla ice cream never tasted so good ! and i hate ice cream ull be fine in 2 to 3 days.

Originally Posted by BING23

vanilla ice cream never tasted so good ! and i hate ice cream ull be fine in 2 to 3 days.

Man I'm so sick of hearing this.
Both my sisters were eating regular food within 2 days of getting all four of theirs out.
But here I am five days later feeling like Ricky Hatton after the Paquiao fight
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Adidas Freak

Originally Posted by BING23

Man I'm so sick of hearing this.
Both my sisters were eating regular food within 2 days of getting all four of theirs out.
But here I am five days later feeling like Ricky Hatton after the Paquiao fight
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

I got 3 taken out (this time in the states) and then went to Burger King right after....of course I'm an idiot
laugh.gif

had mine taken out this past Friday. They made me watch a 20 min video first which scared the living crap out of me. Then the surgeon came in and looked at thex-ray and said i had a good chance of my tongue, lip, and/or jaw going numb for life since my impacted tooth was sitting on the nerve.

They gave me laughing gas ( i did not laugh and I could have sworn I tasted the gas as I was inhaling it). Last thing I remember was the tech assistant askingif i felt a lil goofy and then I went to bed. I woke up with my mom next to me in the lil recovery room. I got home and waited for my mom to fill the painmeds. My mom found me curled up in the corner of my room with tears rolling down my face. My face did not swell that much and I was eating regular food bySunday. I got sick of soup, paridge, and mash potatoes.

they had to give me extra gas and then had to pause cuz he said my body couldn't take anymore...the tech kept asking if i was feeling relaxed and iwasn't...i was tense the whole time...

Wisdom Teeth usually need to be removed when they start causing you pain/ are infected/ are causing damage to other proximate healthy teeth. There are 5 levelsof impaction. The deeper they are, the more expensive. If your teeth are impacted, you should without a doubt get IV sedation. IV sedation is what the peoplein here are referring to as General Anesthesia- this is not the case. General involves a tube down your throat and a machine or breathing apparatus. Again,this is not the case. IV sedation is simply meds pushed in through an IV. These meds in turn make you sleepy. You won't see, hear feel or remember anythingabout the procedure. You will also of course get the local anesthesia so you don't feel the drills and what not. It's the combination of IV sedationand local that make for the best experience. Trust me, this is the way to do it. A lot of the times, when people come in complaining about one or two teeth, wewill generally recommend all four to come out. This is simply because you don't want to have to revisit this ever again. 1 procedure, 1 healing time. Thereare of course always risks with any surgery. The mandibular nerve, in the lower jaw, if perforated or severed will cause numbness. Most of the time, it isrepairable, a lot of the times it is not. This is why you don't let a dentist do this procedure. Only go to an oral and maxillofacial surgeon.Dentist's will try and do it themselves because if they get some of it out, they can bill for it, but for the rest of the job, when they can't do it,they send you as an emergency to an oral surgeon.

I had all four of mine removed in boot camp under local. It wasn't too bad though because all of of my wisdom teeth had already broken through the gumtissue. After I left I had to walk back to the clinic because the Doc didn't put my prescription into the system. When I opened my mouth to tell the frontdesk people (my mouth was still numb) I drooled blood all over the appointment book. I also remember while I was on the ship a patient had 5 wisdom teeth; thefour regular and a smaller, less developed one right along the nerve in his lower jaw. We put the patient under and the surgery took like 5 hours, I think helost feeling on one side of his jaw too.
4ea35149e2707ee3f8bad8bf301c345d6c1fe0b.bmp

Being on the other side of the 15 blade FTW....

Back
Top Bottom