With NIKE's NFL Deal...Does This Signal The End For Reebok??

Ok I know they will not go out of business, but this has to be a huge blow to Reebok. I mean they are not moving shoes and apparel like they used to, and now they will lose every penny from the NFL sales. That has to be enormous. So the question is...Is Reebok going to go the way of Starter? No longer a player just another sports company found at Target and Wal-Mart?

Ok I know they will not go out of business, but this has to be a huge blow to Reebok. I mean they are not moving shoes and apparel like they used to, and now they will lose every penny from the NFL sales. That has to be enormous. So the question is...Is Reebok going to go the way of Starter? No longer a player just another sports company found at Target and Wal-Mart?

since they were purchased by adidas, i've been wondering the same thing.

adidas took over the NBA contract, and i figured it was a matter of time before they would take over the NFL. after the news today, obviously that won't happen.

this may be a step by adidas to do away with the reebok name all together. only time will tell.

since they were purchased by adidas, i've been wondering the same thing.

adidas took over the NBA contract, and i figured it was a matter of time before they would take over the NFL. after the news today, obviously that won't happen.

this may be a step by adidas to do away with the reebok name all together. only time will tell.

Does that mean the on-field Reebok jerseys will be on clearance when the Nike ones come out?

Does that mean the on-field Reebok jerseys will be on clearance when the Nike ones come out?

yes they will be heavy discounted... the nba jerseys heavy discounted cause they switch to new jerseys.. out with the old in with the new

yes they will be heavy discounted... the nba jerseys heavy discounted cause they switch to new jerseys.. out with the old in with the new

They still have the NHL deal and with the surprising success of the ZigTech line and signing John Wall, I highly doubt you'll see Reebok go the Starter route.

They still have the NHL deal and with the surprising success of the ZigTech line and signing John Wall, I highly doubt you'll see Reebok go the Starter route.

Originally Posted by shabooyah1124

this

this

this

this

The NHL Deal??? Are you guys serious? They cannot be selling that much NHL stuff. I think I saw somewhere that Reeboks Apparel business was like 500 mil and the NFL stuff was 325 mil of that. That is a huge chunk. I cannot deny that the ZigTech was a hit but that is one shoe and they have to follow it up which has been a stretch for them in the past.

I just think this signals the end for the Vector.

The NHL Deal??? Are you guys serious? They cannot be selling that much NHL stuff. I think I saw somewhere that Reeboks Apparel business was like 500 mil and the NFL stuff was 325 mil of that. That is a huge chunk. I cannot deny that the ZigTech was a hit but that is one shoe and they have to follow it up which has been a stretch for them in the past.

I just think this signals the end for the Vector.

A company does not need a league endorsment deal, in order to exist. What league does Asics sponsor? How about New Balance? Reebok has enough of a following outside of NIKETALK, in order to do well in business.

Do you guys ever look at anyone, or anything, that does not include a swoosh? Lemme hip you to something, if you did, you may find something quite refreshing!

A company does not need a league endorsment deal, in order to exist. What league does Asics sponsor? How about New Balance? Reebok has enough of a following outside of NIKETALK, in order to do well in business.

Do you guys ever look at anyone, or anything, that does not include a swoosh? Lemme hip you to something, if you did, you may find something quite refreshing!

Nat Back down dude. I didnt say they would cease to exist, but I dont think you can deny that this will be a huge blow to Reeboks bottom line. I think that adidas will swallow them up now.

DimondJ- I forgot about the easytone. Thats a winner for them too. But that still just leaves 2 styles that are successful.

Nat Back down dude. I didnt say they would cease to exist, but I dont think you can deny that this will be a huge blow to Reeboks bottom line. I think that adidas will swallow them up now.

DimondJ- I forgot about the easytone. Thats a winner for them too. But that still just leaves 2 styles that are successful.

On the other hand, it may be the last thing needed to kickstart Reebok into some sort of resurgence.

They're down, but they're not necessarily out.

Back
Top Bottom