Without Further Ado, I Present To You King Clifford Of Bankhead's Best Verse...

8,560
1,712
Joined Jan 17, 2007
...ever.








After careful consideration I’ve concluded tribulations make you great if you’re willing to go through it.
They can hate all they want, But in the end whatever God intends to be will be - so put your trust in He and not the hearts of men.
We often question adversity’s purpose stressin’,
Not recognizin’ the blessin’ - often missin’ the message.
Who’da thought I’d emerge from the ruins and the records even better than I was before the automatic weapons?
The lesson I took away made my testimony compellin’-
Enough to leave an impression on strugglin’ adolescents,
Whom nobody invested, put forth the effort, or took a second to push 'em to do their best and promote forward progression -
Statistically destined to be arrested, shot in a second.
That hopelessness leads to depression they disguise as aggression.
Tell the federal felon pressin’ to earn his way into heaven, show up and show ‘em confessions and opportunities present.
Potential is mental.
Your destiny is in your possession: ambition and education is first and talent is second.
You get what you can envision.
If puttin’ me in prison more important than keepin’ them out I respect your decision.
This is NT so I definitely expect the majority of you to disagree, but this verse made me realize that though dude made not shine in all technical aspects of emceeing, he's my favorite rapper of all time...

...easily.
 
334
10
Joined Oct 17, 2008
I swear this is My favorite Tip song. been bumpin it heavy since the summer time. aint met too many other people that have heard this track tho. he goes in on his baby mama in the last verse lol
 
14,129
282
Joined Sep 23, 2004
Nah this been out since the summer or something.. maybe longer, I forget.


Love the track but I disagree of course.
I'm 22 and a vet in the game
Say I'm, supercoo', still a threat at the same
Time, rhyme bout the times I invested in 'caine
Pleasure and pain in every aspect of the game
I'm the answer to yo prayers if you prayin' for change
So, I dare you compare us and say we the same
When I'm, climbin' the ladder, they stuck in the same
Mindframe, they accomplishments are nothin' to gain
Eventually, see I'm outta yo range
Except this rose gold glow from my wrist and my chain
I entertain young $*@#+% who slang
Like a picture, no frame, see it's simple and plain
My ++!$ bang, spit flames, put !*#!@$ to shame
Flow so insane, lyrics sick and derranged
Now you can't, mention my city unless you mention my name
T-I-P-I-M-P, I'm the man
Top 5 T.I. track IMO.
 
290
10
Joined Jun 15, 2008
I hate the way he always overlaps his bars..so obvious..
But yeah, this verse is tight..wouldn't say its his best doe..
 
14,129
282
Joined Sep 23, 2004
Hold up..... HOLD UP.

I been a menace to society
Since when?
Since menace to society
Still refused to become a legitimate citizen quietly
Felt like my label hidin' me
But here I am anyway
I might be back to slangin' grams any day
And if this record flop
Well I'll be--back
Wit' a bomb of hard
Wit' C-Rod and the squad
This whole industry's a façade
Man this ain't real life
Half these rappers don't know what sacrifice feel like
Man these $@!+!@ is all hype
Not even rappin' on real mics
They just get high and say whatever the $$@+ they feel like

They make me feel like bustin' these !%$$$$ one at a time
And I'm still outbustin' these !%$$$$
+!! pick a rhyme
TELL EM!
 
12,526
937
Joined Feb 8, 2009
Whats crazy is this is one of the tracks he didnt want to be released and it happens to be your favorite and one of my favorite verses from dude. I be telling these fools to stop holding on to records. Clifford can go in when he want to.
 
334
10
Joined Oct 17, 2008
also the first verse on "No More Talk" off of Trap Muzik is another personal favorite of Mine.....on second thought that whole song is fire so its between those two for My fave Tip Track lol. Tip never fails with Me, thats why he currently is My favorite rapper.
 
8,560
1,712
Joined Jan 17, 2007
Originally Posted by true 3 blue

Nah this been out since the summer or something.. maybe longer, I forget.


Love the track but I disagree of course.
I'm 22 and a vet in the game
Say I'm, supercoo', still a threat at the same
Time, rhyme bout the times I invested in 'caine
Pleasure and pain in every aspect of the game
I'm the answer to yo prayers if you prayin' for change
So, I dare you compare us and say we the same
When I'm, climbin' the ladder, they stuck in the same
Mindframe, they accomplishments are nothin' to gain
Eventually, see I'm outta yo range
Except this rose gold glow from my wrist and my chain
I entertain young $*@#+% who slang
Like a picture, no frame, see it's simple and plain
My ++!$ bang, spit flames, put !*#!@$ to shame
Flow so insane, lyrics sick and derranged
Now you can't, mention my city unless you mention my name
T-I-P-I-M-P, I'm the man
Top 5 T.I. track IMO.



Yeah True I'd put ''Be Easy'' up there too...

cartune wrote: [hr][/hr]Whats crazy is this is one of the tracks he didnt want to be released and it happens to be your favorite and one of my favorite verses from dude. I be telling these fools to stop holding on to records. Clifford can go in when he want to.


...man that's $$+@@@' insane.

I can't see how there would be any debate or issue as to the release of that @@%*...

...that @@%* hit me hard from the second I heard it.

And of course I realize that none of us can say "_____'s verse from ______" is the best verse he ever spit - it's all subjective opinion, but IMO - this verse is the exact reason why you're a Tip fan in the first place...
 
507
10
Joined Oct 4, 2006
Never heard that before.  Good lookin homie!  Great song from one of my favs.  I can def identify with the last verse. had me over here like HELL YEAH!  Now downloading...
 
8,560
1,712
Joined Jan 17, 2007
Not to be the shameless gravedigger, but again I say this: if he actually sits still and listens, these 11 months can be the best thing to ever happen to his career...

...I had been on a T.I. strike ever since he caught his most recent case, but ''The Way You Want It'' popped up off the shuffle and I was quickly reminded as to why he's my favorite rapper of all time.

Here's to being a fan and hoping the guy you cheer for comes back and makes you proud (like Black Mike this season before he cracked his ribs)...
 
1,808
10
Joined Jul 25, 2008
I must admit, shock the $$*+ out of me. If tip would of progress with a rhyme scheme like that, man. I remember hearing the other mentioned verse in 03 04 on a Kay slay cd and was saying to myself this dude is going to be a problem in years to come. He birth an incredible flow blended with catchy wordplay that will captivate any hip hop head. I still can not consider dude a favorite, or best to ever do it. I will consider him how ever a legend in due time.
 
6,045
11
Joined Mar 24, 2008
i hope Urban legend TI comes home and not Paper Trail TI......i wanna hear more My life (his best song by far btw) and less my life your entertainment
 
5,637
11
Joined Dec 9, 2007
Originally Posted by inspektahdeck

i hope Urban legend TI comes home and not Paper Trail TI......i wanna hear more My life (his best song by far btw) and less my life your entertainment
This. I can't even listen to most of Paper Trail.
 
6,045
11
Joined Mar 24, 2008
also how old is this verse from TIP? this joint came out during his last bid...this verse > every thing he dropped post release
 
4,394
4,105
Joined Mar 22, 2007
Originally Posted by ILL LEGAL OPERATION


...ever.








After careful consideration I’ve concluded tribulations make you great if you’re willing to go through it.
They can hate all they want, But in the end whatever God intends to be will be - so put your trust in He and not the hearts of men.
We often question adversity’s purpose stressin’,
Not recognizin’ the blessin’ - often missin’ the message.
Who’da thought I’d emerge from the ruins and the records even better than I was before the automatic weapons?
The lesson I took away made my testimony compellin’-
Enough to leave an impression on strugglin’ adolescents,
Whom nobody invested, put forth the effort, or took a second to push 'em to do their best and promote forward progression -
Statistically destined to be arrested, shot in a second.
That hopelessness leads to depression they disguise as aggression.
Tell the federal felon pressin’ to earn his way into heaven, show up and show ‘em confessions and opportunities present.
Potential is mental.
Your destiny is in your possession: ambition and education is first and talent is second.
You get what you can envision.
If puttin’ me in prison more important than keepin’ them out I respect your decision.


This is NT so I definitely expect the majority of you to disagree, but this verse made me realize that though dude made not shine in all technical aspects of emceeing, he's my favorite rapper of all time...

...easily.

I remember the day this came out on some Saks Fifth Avenue mixtape(I believe that was the title) bumped this song the ENTIRE summer. And no one really knew about it..also my favorite verse from TIP
 
1,069
49
Joined Feb 11, 2004
Late night straight white for ya base pipe
No mo quarter O's get ya weight right
Crack rock black glock kept it waist height (hey)
It hit ya mug you dont imagine what ya face like
American pie I'm tellin you guys
you want beef wit us well who the %$@+% preparin you guys
We sparin you guys get buried alive
What you rushin fo, act like you in a hurry to die
Some I let 'em fly 'fore I let that ride
I paralize ya like Supermans horseback ride @*+$!
Walk up on ya car and scorch dat ride
Flat tires, glass shattered wit a corpse inside
A town break down straight pounds of dro'
Still deal if you want 10 birds or mo
Pimp Squad, Dipset I know ya heard before
If we called you a %+!@$ you deserved it $%%


One of my personal favorites from TIP.   Off Jim Jones track "End of the Road" on On My Way to Church
 
1,860
15
Joined Sep 13, 2010
and the final question kid,
tell me how u and your %@+%# gonna feel in that
when you 2 pull up next to this?

MAYBACH MUSIC
 
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker or head over to our upgrade page to donate for an ad-free experience Upgrade now