***WOMEN'S HOOPS THREAD*** Congrats, UNDEFEATED SOUTH CAROLINA! Congrats, LAS VEGAS ACES!

darthska

Staff member
WARNING:

Let me make this clear from the jump: ALL COMMENTS MOCKING THE WNBA (or women's sports) OR DISRESPECTING WOMEN WILL EVENTUALLY BE DELETED, AND COULD RESULT IN WARNINGS/BANS (depending on the severity of the comment, or the frequency of the same person having comments that get deleted, etc).

*THIS IS TO BE TREATED LIKE A TEAM THREAD.*
You already know that if you have something sideways to say about the Cavs, say it in the NBA thread. Lebron haters thread? Fair game. But in the CAVS thread? No. SAME CONCEPT HERE.

If you have a positive reply that also includes something mocking, the comment will not be edited; it will be deleted as soon as I get to it.
If the thread ends up being just me replying a few times a year, then let it be that.

If you have favorite players, who?

Last edited:
Thanks for the thread Ska!

My favorite player is Sue Bird. Sure, she's not as fast as she used to be, but neither am I.......

My team is the Sky and I really hope that we have a leader on the team this year. Elena can take over a game with her play, but I need for her to take over the team in all facets . Sometimes you gotta cuss people out.

I think that Maya Moore is overrated. She's great, but commentators act like she can do no wrong. Ever. Never. She throws up an airball? Must have been a gust of air that changed the ball's course.

Well I can't add Sue Bird to the poll now, but I had thought about her when I made the poll. Just didn't think there was anyone on here who was a fan. My bad. lol

But Maya Moore overrated? Yeesh. She's the truth, bro. She was sick in college, all kinds of championships, and now she's only been in the league 5 years and has 3 championships, a Finals MVP, a regular season MVP, a scoring title, and Rookie of the Year. 
sick.gif

Last edited:
My favorite player was Candice Wiggins. Hate that she decided to retire this early, but hey she has 1 ring so I'm not completely upset. 

My favorite team is the ATL Dream. Hope they get that ring this year. 

Oh yeah, my favorite player in the league:

Sparks (3-0) @ CHI Sky (1-2) on ESPN2, right now.

Let's go!!

happy.gif

Last edited:
We byke. Idk how much I'm gonna try to watch this year with my new work schedule and these games usually being so early.

Last edited:
Oooooohhhh, I don't know about that yet.

I'd need to look into that more. I'm a huge Taurasi fan so I know I'm biased by going with her, but still, Swoopes and Miller jump out at me before what Moore has accomplished so far. Lisa Leslie, Nancy Lieberman-Kline.

Last edited:
My WNBA knowledge isnt the most extensive out there, but I'm still leaning towards Taurasi on that one.

Maya Moore is probably gonna catch her though.

Last edited:
Oooooohhhh, I don't know about that yet.

I'd need to look into that more. I'm a huge Taurasi fan so I know I'm biased by going with her, but still, Swoopes and Miller jump out at me before what Moore has accomplished so far. Lisa Leslie, Nancy Lieberman-Kline.

Smh how do you not mention cynthia cooper bro?

For me it goes:

Maya Moore
Cynthia Cooper
Diana Taurasi
Cheryl Miller
Swoopes
Leslie

Maya Moore just jumps off the page man. She's just the greatest

Not gonna lie, I've been extra caught up in the Dubs/Thunder series. Caught both Sparks games ESPN has showed so far, though. 

I've only watched a couple of games. Been mainly focused on the NBA Playoffs & playing 2K. Good to see that my ATL Dream are at the top of the East with a 5-1 record & on a 4 game win streak. Really want to see how we do against the Lynx on the 10th since that team is unstoppable. We should be on a 6 game win streak by then since our next 2 opponents are the Sun & Mystics. Good to see my boo, Angel McCoughtry, with a 19 ppg average.

Speaking of Mystics, guess I'll watch them play Chicago tonight to get me pumped for game 1 of the NBA championship.

Yea the televised schedule should pick up after playoffs. I just meant in general.

Angel is a monster but minny is such a complete team.

Yea the television schedule should pick up after playoffs - I meant in general.

Angel is a monster but they've been stuck in the second tier for a while. So many losses in the finals and now minny has the conference locked up.

Let's see if Shoni can get her act together. She needs to put in work during the off season and stop showing up out of shape.

Caught a little bit of the Lynx/Liberty game last night...

I love Maya Moore.

Taurasi still the GOAT until further notice tho.

Maya could end her career as the all time leading scorer. She already has 3k in just 175 games. Especially as Siemone and others continue to age and retire.

Diana, currently top 5 all time in points and assists, reigns as GOAT until Maya wins another 2 rings before 30.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom