Woman Who Cried Rape Sentenced to Prison

[h1]Woman who falsely accused man of rape, sending him to prison for 4 years, gets 1-3 years jail[/h1]
BY Rich Schapiro
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

Originally Published:Tuesday, February 23rd 2010, 5:44 PM
Updated: Tuesday, February 23rd 2010, 6:01 PM

alg_biurny.jpg

Hermann for News
Biurny Peguero, who was sentenced to one to three years in jail in Manhattan Supreme Court Tuesday.

[h3]A Manhattan judge on Tuesday excoriated a young woman who falsely accused a man of rape - sending him to prison for nearly four years - then tossed her behind bars.[/h3]

"What happened in this case is one of the worst things that can happen in our criminal justice system," Manhattan Criminal Court Judge Charles Solomon said before sentencing Biurny Peguero to one to three years.

"She testified that an entirely innocent person committed an extremely heinous crime. ... It's hard for me to imagine how she could do that."

Peguero, 27, pleaded guilty to perjury last August, admitting that her claim of rape against William McCaffrey was a lie.

McCaffrey, 32, a Bronx contractor, was released from prison four months later. He was not in court yesterday.

"To Mr. McCaffrey, I am aware that nothing I can do or say can bring back the years he spent in jail," Peguero, a mother of two young sons, said before sentencing.

"I want him to know that I will carry this guilt for the rest of my life, and words cannot describe how deeply sorry I am."

Peguero had claimed McCaffrey raped her at knifepoint on a desolate Bronx street in September 2005 after she drunkenly accepted a ride from him.

In court papers filed by her lawyers, Peguero said she was too drunk to remember the night of the alleged attack so she came to believe her lie.

It later emerged that her injuries that night stemmed from a drunken brawl with a friend.

Prosecutor Evan Krutoy had asked the judge to sentence Peguero to two to six years "so that there's a chance that she will serve what he served."

Read more: [url=http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_crime/2010/02/23/2010-02-23_woman_who_falsely_accused_man_of_rape_sending_him_to_prison_for_4_years_gets_13_.html#ixzz0gSgtNhmI]http://www.nydailynews.co...s_13_.html#ixzz0gSgtNhmI[/url]

She should have a longer sentence.

Dude's image is done for life.

Drunken females, ftl.
tired.gif

she should get 10 for being stupid, ruined that man's reputation, career, and pretty much his life.

She SHOULD get whatever time he "probably" would have gotten. She ruined his life, he probably will never recover 100% from this.

The other thing about this story is it destroys the credibility of women who were actually raped. This woman is horrible for what she did.

Originally Posted by OctobersFinest

"What happened in this case is one of the worst things that can happen in our criminal justice system,"

That's why people need to be "innocent until proven guilty". It's disgusting that people go to jail for crimes they never committed all because they just wanted to throw someone in jail. I'm pretty sure that as soon as this female dog cried rape, everyone was ready to throw the guy in jail. That is some BS sexism.

4 years of your life gone for something you didnt do smh
wonder what kind of evidence they had to convict dude

Originally Posted by omgitswes

they should of given her more time

On top of this I think it should be mandatory prison for anyone who claims rape but is proven to have lied. I dont like the fact that cuz was in a cell for nearly four years and she gets a 1 - 3.

im at a loss for words. Im happy tho. wish she got more time. she should also be filed as a sex offender when she gets out.

Back
Top Bottom