Woman Who Let Powerball Winner Go Ahead of Her Has No Regrets!!

http://gma.yahoo.com/woman-let-powe...o-regrets-130005843--abc-news-topstories.html

When Gloria C. Mackenzie claimed her $590.5 million Powerball jackpot, she released a statement revealing that another woman "was kind enough" to allow her to cut in line when she purchased the winning ticket.

That woman, Mindy Crandell, 34, is not upset that her charitable gesture likely cost her an enormous fortune and says "things are meant to be for a reason."

This Crandell lady needs to tell the truth. She's hurt inside. Nobody buys the Powerball to lose. I know we as humans have to rationalize in moments like these or it will tear us apart, but don't act like it didn't phase you.

Not really to important of a story, but I figured if most haven't ran across it yet, it would be a kick to check out.

In assuming they both used quick pick. You never know in a situation like this. Had she not let her cut in line, the numbers could've been different.

I remember when I was little I let am older lady cut in front of me at krispy kreme. after purchasing her doughnuts, she had a star on her receipt which meant that her doughnuts were free. Reminded me of this story.

Hopefully she blesses shorty with some of that cash. She got a quick pick.

Last edited:
We aren't getting the full story. Did they both do quick pick or did they have their own numbers? If quick pick then I would hope the old lady gives her at least a milli. If not then it doesn't matter, she would have won with her numbers regardless of when she went. I'm annoyed with these half *** stories in the media.

This. Quick pick makes it an interesting story, chosen numbers makes it a non-issue.

that old lady should break her off a lil bit of dough.. the least she could do
This, I'd deff throw her a couple mill at least. But damn, I'd have to be put on suicide watch I'd never get over that. 
mean.gif

does quick pick even work that way?  I think I read somewhere, the numbers are always churning

it's not like that winning set was just next up to be picked.  It's not like letting someone cut in line at the grocery store

and they wind up being the millionth customer, and the lady probably wouldn't have gotten those same numbers

I'm searching for that article now....

Last edited:
That's the right attitude. Can't ponder what-if situations.

Deal with what is, not what could be.

The track record for lottery winners isn't so impressive to say the least. Misfortune.

Money isn't everything (590 mil is though lol). The man upstairs is gonna bless that lady.

damn...84 yr old with 590m or a 34 yr old with 590mi. broke my heart just reading that.

Does who's spot in line really count?

Ain't it about choosing the winning #'s??

Who's to say that lady was going to choose those same #'s?

Whether she let her get in front of her, or she was last in line... she would of won with those #'s anyway.. right?

Whether she let her get in front of her, or she was last in line... she would of won with those #'s anyway.. right?

the winner did easy pick

not if you choose quickpick, which are the computer generated numbers..

i don't think it would have mattered anyways.

quick pick bro.

That woman, Mindy Crandell, 34, is not upset that her charitable gesture likely cost her an enormous fortune and says "things are meant to be for a reason."
Which is why she should have kept her dumb *** in her spot in line. Personally, I'm not buying the "no regrets" schtick...it's possible that's really how she feels, but extremely unlikely.

maybe shes one of those who doesnt care to win that much?

and maybe she believes that everything happens for a reason. good for her if thats how she really feels

Back
Top Bottom