Women Running sneakers

What is the best Women's running shoe ??

Secondly, I dont know if this is the appropriate place for this question , but my mom recently got into running , and I wanted to get her a gift certificate atsome place where she could purchase women's running sneakers and equipment .. where do you guys suggest I go ??

Thanks in advance

Originally Posted by akuratl02

What is the best Women's running shoe ??

Secondly, I dont know if this is the appropriate place for this question , but my mom recently got into running , and I wanted to get her a gift certificate at some place where she could purchase women's running sneakers and equipment .. where do you guys suggest I go ??

Thanks in advance

"Best" and "running shoes" should never be mentioned in the same sentence. For running shoes, theONLY advice is to go to a running specialty store and get fitted/evaluated properly by someone who knows running shoes. (this meansDO NOT go to Foot Locker) Asking for 'blind' advice about running shoes is only asking for trouble. As for what store to go to ... how can anyone help you when we don't know where you live??? If you want online help, roadrunnersports.com is a great place to start.

^it's not that serious.

if she is just into running as a good form of exercise or fun a footlocker or many other regular spoting goods stores ought to be fine. just make sureyou're dealing with a knowledgeable employee and she should be able to find something suitable for her needs.

FC is right about going to a running specialty store (most big citys have atleast one) and NOT any old shoe store. A lot of people ask the "what is thebest running shoe question" It is more about what is the best for the person wearing the shoe.

It is very easy to hurt yourself if you are running in the wrong running shoe.

Pronation is a big thing to consider. Some people overpronate and some people do not. Some shoes are made for overpronators, and some are not. The wrongcombanation can lead to trouble. 999/1000 sporting good/shoe chains have no idea what pronation is, and how to tell if you do it or not. Also, different brandsare cut very different, and people that work at a running specialty store can check for fit better then someone at a sporting goods store who is simply a shoejockey.

Back
Top Bottom