Work boots. I just cant find any that fit. Nike ACGs dont last. Help!

I work in a garage now. Well, I'm a salesman at a garage/tire/repair shop, but spend a lot of time in the shop. My footwear takes a serious beating. I've been buying the ACGs but the air sole gets blown out after 6 months. I NEED the comfort and cushion but I've tried on SO many work boots and nothing fits like a Nike. Nothing ever has. Nike and Reebok are my go-tos. Next to Nike, the most comfortable pair of anything I've ever owned are my Pumps, the Omni-lite Dee Browns. Still have a pair and love em. Wont destroy them by wearing them to work. I need a tough leather, waterproof and oil-resistant workboot.

I've tried Timbs, but they dont fit quite right. Always a little play in the heel. Same with most others. Wolverines, Justins, all of em I've tried.

Gotta have some guys on here that wear boots for work. Anything out there that fits like a Nike?

Have you tried red wings? When I was working construction long ago they were the go too for a lot of my contractors.

230 for the pair I liked, I just couldnt bring myself to pay that much. If they wear out in a year I'll flip.

Dude, get yourself a pair of redwings. The extra money pays for itself easy. All those brands you listed suck. 

Have you tried putting cushioned insoles into the boots that didn't fit you well?

Have you tried putting cushioned insoles into the boots that didn't fit you well?

That's going to be my suggestion as well.

Find a pair of boots that are rugged enough to hold up to the wear and tear you'll be putting on them. Then buy insoles to find the comfort you need and want.

I like the Ralph Lauren Polo boots myself. The more rugged looking ones hold up well in my experience.

I wear redwing 4200, steel toe and waterproof. I don't know if you need that or not. They might be overkill though for a garage, they are 8" and heavy as hell but I go to some muddy/snowy places for work so I need them.

Last edited:
red wing heritage here, im around heavy construction equipment all day, saved my right foot from being cut in half one time and havent looked at any other brands since.

and depending on the boot-they can resole as well, even maintain it for you-if you bring it to one of their stores. 

here's my daily rotation..

PM for serious inquiry only.

2581525633c7c4cd6a0b967f702926df.jpg

Went to a Tanger outlet today to look in the Nike store. There was a Columbia outlet across the walk. Found a pair of waterproof mid hikers. Tried 'em and they fit absolutely perfectly. Didnt care what they cost.

$55 when I got to the register. For that price I dont care if I have to buy a pair every year. That worked out.

Back
Top Bottom