Working as a Retail Sales Consultant Vol. AT&T

I start in store training at AT&T as a RSC in a couple of weeks. I know the hours will be long but I'm 24, single, and don't have any kids so I'll be fine investing most of my time within the company. Any advice?

Depending on what area you working in...you could be banking or just another brokeboi at At&t.

I suggest push whatever gets you to your quota and a tier higher.

They've adjusted the comp structure so you can't really flourish like you used to.

And a lot of the stuff they carr about, won't get you paid

You'll still pull in 55k doe...
65k if you get your hustle game strong

Advice: churn customers quick... Don't be scared from service (how do I get these messages to pop up) these are money makers, and try to get that OT..

Time and a half after 40 hours.

Last edited:
They've adjusted the comp structure so you can't really flourish like you used to.

And a lot of the stuff they carr about, won't get you paid

You'll still pull in 55k doe...
65k if you get your hustle game strong

Advice: churn customers quick... Don't be scared from service (how do I get these messages to pop up) these are money makers, and try to get that OT..

Time and a half after 40 hours.

Good lookin out.

Looooll 55k/yr working retail at AT&T? Since when!?

The least I made selling for Verizon was 60K, I averaged 70K.

I'd imagine all corporate owned for Verizon or AT&T gigs pay the same.

Get in and get out. I used to joke it was like selling drugs because you get trapped by the money and benefits and can't get out.

Use your tuition reimbursement get a degree and skate.

I can't speak for AT&T per se' but if you grind and have an education you can get out of retail pretty quick.

Last edited:
I think it's all about location.
Got two homies who work at ATT and during the holidays their highest paycheck was 1300 bucks. This is in a small town though.
I can imagine that in bigger markets it might be a little better.

Worked retail for 4 years. Technically 6. It really made me hate people (for the most part)... but also made more social.
Never again though.

You can def clear 50k easily, oh and when they say its gonna be all nights and weekends when you're new, they mean it.

Also make sure you go through the different metrics to see what gets you paid vs what gets you higher rankings

Last edited:
You can def clear 50k easily, oh and when they say its gonna be all nights and weekends when you're new, they mean it.

Also make sure you go through the different metrics to see what gets you paid vs what gets you higher rankings

Best times to work

I think it's all about location.
Got two homies who work at ATT and during the holidays their highest paycheck was 1300 bucks. This is in a small town though.
I can imagine that in bigger markets it might be a little better.

Worked retail for 4 years. Technically 6. It really made me hate people (for the most part)... but also made more social.
Never again though.

Did they work at a corporate store?

Or a third party affiliate?

The lowest zone's comp minimum was $900... And they adjust it depending on the traffic

If you have 100 gross adds at a mega store, then whatevs. If you have 100 gross ads in some Podunk town, you rack up

Sounds like they worked at a 3rd party affiliate that didn't give commission

Or they just sucked

Are there part time opening for this?

Part timers can only work between 28-36 hours...

If you're a PTer, you can make 40k+ with a little giddy up in your step...

You don't get to take advantage of the tuition reimbursement but it's cool

The least I made selling for Verizon was 60K, I averaged 70K.

I'd imagine all corporate owned for Verizon or AT&T gigs pay the same.

Get in and get out. I used to joke it was like selling drugs because you get trapped by the money and benefits and can't get out.

Use your tuition reimbursement get a degree and skate.

I can't speak for AT&T per se' but if you grind and have an education you can get out of retail pretty quick.
Verizon's reimbursement plan is better...

You get 8k the day you start...

Atts is only $5k after you've been there for 6 months

You will make 45-50k if your trash, industry changes commission so much to make it harder to make money because there are sales rep making or at least made 6 figures a yr, dont know how things are now.
Wireless is good but def would never do it again, if you can transition into a non retail role then grind to do that because wireless companies are dope, retail jist sucks.

Best times to work
Did they work at a corporate store?

Or a third party affiliate?

The lowest zone's comp minimum was $900... And they adjust it depending on the traffic

If you have 100 gross adds at a mega store, then whatevs. If you have 100 gross ads in some Podunk town, you rack up

Sounds like they worked at a 3rd party affiliate that didn't give commission

Or they just sucked

It's a corporate store. I doubt they sucked too. I worked retail with one of them for four years and the other for a few months. They were some of the best.
Crazy knowing that some folks are clearing 60k.

Even though I said I wouldn't work retail again .. this got me thinking.. :smh:
but I like the job I have now and 80 percent of the time it's stress free.

60k sound good tho..

Bump.

I was initially supposed to start training May 7 which lasted all the way till May 29th but I got a call early on last week and was told to start in store training this week which I've been doing the past five days. I've learned A LOT during this past week and getting a better understanding on how things flow. Getting a better understanding of Opus and applying knowledge to assess what a customer needs are my two biggest concerns, but I know that will come with time.

Can anybody who has experience as a sales rep give any advice to be a top performer?

Be cool, relate to the customer, their knowledge has nothing to do with what you are learning. The whole sales process is taught at every organization with varying words, and hardly any natural flowing conversation follows the steps they tell it to you in. However it is your job to control the flow and dialogue to ask the right questions to sell what you want.

Confidence is key. Especially at the approach/opening/greeting, continuing a conversation after the opening is the hardest thing to do. People who excel the transition is seamless. Some go straight in, others play it cool with off topic intro. The point is to begin a conversation where at some point you ask the necessary questions to get where you want them, to me that was my success.

Last edited:
As a Verizon rep best advice I received was work the promos. Instead of saving a customer money because of promo on their data add an iPad or a couple of them. Bill to acct is your friend as well if they have the option don't be afraid to get them to put it on the next bill. Hustle haRd and look for a new opportunity soon. Retail life already old to me and I've only been here for a year.

I start in store training at AT&T as a RSC in a couple of weeks. I know the hours will be long but I'm 24, single, and don't have any kids so I'll be fine investing most of my time within the company. Any advice?

Congrats man with the job! Just actually hit my 1 year with ATT in March of this year. I am also an RSC in Houston.

First off being an RSC just isnt selling phones! WE sell tablets, Internet and cable, HOME SECURITY ( very big right now) different features, so be prepared to learn all of this!
Also say goodbye to weekends off ( if you had them before) and you'll most likely be closing all the time, you get used to it and theres more money to be made on the weekends and at night

- Training is 1 month long, you'll do most of the training at a corporate office and some training at your store, where you'll shadow someone.
- Opus just actually got a lot better, quicker to do things suck as quick sell or sim card changes. I really suggest you use opus as much as possible and when you get more familiar to lead hold the ipad and do the transaction yourself ( as soon as training is done theyre throwing you in the pool!)
- very big on ATTENDANCE we work on a point system, over hour late is a point, 15 mins late is .25 a point.
-They'll give you 4 or 5 dress shirts but we get $150 bucks twice a year spring and fall to buy polos, weekend shirts, dress shirts, sweaters ( really cool perk, lots of nice clothes)
- ATT is very big on not just sales, they push things that do make you money such as logging people into MyATT ( app), surveys

i didnt cover a whole lot but any questions shoot me a PM

Bump.

I was initially supposed to start training May 7 which lasted all the way till May 29th but I got a call early on last week and was told to start in store training this week which I've been doing the past five days. I've learned A LOT during this past week and getting a better understanding on how things flow. Getting a better understanding of Opus and applying knowledge to assess what a customer needs are my two biggest concerns, but I know that will come with time.

Can anybody who has experience as a sales rep give any advice to be a top performer?

Best advice i've been taught is talk to the customer! its called FOR

F-family ( how many kids, wife)
O- Occupation ( what do they do, how long have they been there)
R- Recreational ( what do they like to do on days off, hobbies)

offer things from what you learned about them

I always look at what they are wearing example, I see a guy in workout clothes, boom offer some wireless headphones. See a lady with 2 kids but with only 1 ipad, showing them the deals we got.

People will say no alot but never know til you ask !

Have yall texted female customers u found attractive ? Or is that only a creepy thing they do out here in da middle of no where

What city are you in. I'm a brand advocate and I work closely with carrier stores. Don't know much about the reps pay but z manager told me he cleared 75 with no degree and the hours are brutal. Mad metrics too so be prepared to grind.

That's where I am now. Tryna leave and sell cars. They change stuff up so much with how your paid its crazy

Back
Top Bottom