Working In an Office, Staying In Shape

For real, how do you sit in an office for 40 hours a week and not get fat?

Even when I'm trying to eat healthy, the body's calorie burn is so slowed-down by sitting that it's like you're eating unhealthy.

And even when I'm working so hard to keep my cardio endurance up, the sitting for 40 hours a week seems to counter it.

[yes, i'm mad]
mad.gif

Take the stairs instead of the elevator....

workout either before or after work.

Stay away from the break room (because people are always putting left-over junk on the tables up for grabs...at least at my job) "snacking."

TAKE ADVANTAGE OF YOUR WEEKENDS (as far as fitness)...stay active.

The easiest motivation is looking at the people who you work with, that let themselves go....tell yourself you will NEVER get like that, and you'll havethe motivation to eat right, workout on the reg, and do what you gotta do to have a healthy lifestyle

I work 45 hour weeks at a desk, and am just now getting into the best shape of my life. I lift Mon, Wed and Saturdays. Play indoor soccer & some timesbasketball Tue / Thu.

Sitting doesn't mean eating unhealthy. It sounds like you don't do enough exercise outside of work hours to achieve the same level of calorie burn youwould having an active job.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

The easiest motivation is looking at the people who you work with, that let themselves go....tell yourself you will NEVER get like that, and you'll have the motivation to eat right, workout on the reg, and do what you gotta do to have a healthy lifestyle
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Truth

If you are too tired after work to exercise just remind yourself that you are mentally tired, not physically.

i was kinda exaggerating a bit, but i am still young and just started doing office work for the first time ever.

i just never thought that i had to do so much more extra stuff to maintain myself now than when i was younger. i have to be aware of what i'm doing to mybody, like keeping track of my activity level, making better food choices, putting time aside to do weight training, and actually using sports not just for funbut to keep in-shape too.

and this is all because of working in the office. it just seems like a black hole for any active person.

Originally Posted by abeautifulhaze

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

The easiest motivation is looking at the people who you work with, that let themselves go....tell yourself you will NEVER get like that, and you'll have the motivation to eat right, workout on the reg, and do what you gotta do to have a healthy lifestyle
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Truth

Yo just stop and check out the people in an office building one time, mad guts.

*shrugs*

I work in an office.

I actually find that it's helpful because it's so easy to store my complex
f5235c65ebf573f38059f18252fd782f6562674.gif
, 3 blender bottles and misc. fruits and sandwich havin'lunches.

Been workin 50 hours a week at a desk job now for 8 years runnin....

I wised up and started doing my workouts in the AM. You get to work and feel refreshed. Bring all my food into work each day too. Then at night I may go for arun.

Being stuck sitting sucks. But if you plan ahead you can keep the weight off and stay in shape. Dont tell that to my coworkers who live off donuts and coffeeand candy all day. Seriously, not eating junk is half the battle in an office. Its amazing how everyone thinks its hard to keep in shape with a deskjob.....yet they are all the same ones eating like trash all day.

Like some people said before, it's the snacking that kills people.

Resisting the donuts, soda, candy, etc. in the break room is three-quarters of the battle.

Back
Top Bottom