worst quality jordans ever?

2006 military 4 instant beater status after 1 wear they where creased like u played ball in them 100x
View media item 497218
cdp 4 ive yet to see somebodys who wore them more than 5x w/out midsole cracking and no cushion what so ever
View media item 497222
2006 fire red 3's ive yet to see somebodys who wore them more than 5x w/out midsole cracking
View media item 497227
2012 fire red 4's probably the worst quality shoe ive ever had the others at least looked fine before i wore them these came pre creased EVERYWHERE mine looked like some one took a lighter to them and tried to melt the leather it was wrinkled so bad
View media item 497230

anything else? i cant speak for anything prior to 2006 since i dont own alot before then just some stuff from 99-01

i'll just say it cause I know someone will bring it up, cdp 11s, although I have NO complaints about my pair, 23s still 100% intact, comfortable, etc.

i'll just say it cause I know someone will bring it up, cdp 11s, although I have NO complaints about my pair, 23s still 100% intact, comfortable, etc.

i know someone was going to say it as well i own 2 pairs of cdp 11/12's and 2 pairs of 2012 and i would say the quality is the same if nt better on the cdp pair heres a pic i took way back when they dropped one being the cdp one being the 2012's

View media item 184705

My blk/cement 3s, fire red 3s, tour 4s and fire red 4s all have paint cracking after I have worn them about 3x. That is why I stay away from 3s and 4s or I do not buy multiple pairs. I am very disappointed with Jordan brand.

Any Jordan released from 2006-07 was garbage.

All of my V's and IV's were paper thin, and creased like cardboard.

My firered III's weren't too great either.

People complain about quality now, but **** was worse once upon a time.

It's so crazy to hear how sh*tty the Mars/Fire Red IVs are. As bad as I wanted those shoes and didn't get them, now it seems that I dodged a bullet.

I guess I've been lucky. NONE of the Jordans I have owned have been awful quality. I think if I had to name one that was the worst, I'd have to say all black Xs. They squeaked when I walked and made me feel like Wimp-Lo from the movie Kung-Pow. I later found out that this is a common problem in all Xs.

I remember the OG XIV's being complete trash.  They looked cool out of the box but after one wear they were pretty much beaters.

^ I have a pair of OG XIVs too and they have great leather. And theyre still holding up.

And whoever said everything from 06-07 is bad must not have either the metallic Vs, Aquas, or Playoff VIIIs. I've worn my VIIIs hundreds of times since the release.

Last edited:
From my personal experience XIV are some of the toughest Jordans out there. Even the retros have been up to par. I guess some of this is matter of opinion, because I never thought I'd see that model mentioned in a thread like this.

And even when they are VNBS (very near beater status) the black based colorways still look decent.

^ I have a pair of OG XIVs too and they have great leather. And theyre still holding up.

And whoever said everything from 06-07 is bad must not have either the metallic Vs, Aquas, or Playoff VIIIs. I've worn my VIIIs hundreds of times since the release.

I own all 3 of them the 5s quality is OK I've never worn my aquas or playoff 8s mainly because the horror stories of cracked paint

Lol mine are celebrating its 14th anniversary.
Guessing you haven't played too many games in those? Yours look fantastic but I went through 3 pairs in that exact cw over a season of ball in hs.  The rubber on the bottom peeled off on each pair plus the foam is so soft that after the first game the red accents had some really deep creases.  One of the teeth on the inside of one of my pairs ended up detaching almost completely.  Never had a pair of shoes decline so fast before or after those. Performance/comfort wise they were amazing but they were not durable if you wore them for serious ball.

I should add, I was 6'4" and around 230 so not the smallest but I don't think that's outside the range of what a shoe should be able to handle.

Last edited:
Guessing you haven't played too many games in those? Yours look fantastic but I went through 3 pairs in that exact cw over a season of ball in hs.  The rubber on the bottom peeled off on each pair plus the foam is so soft that after the first game the red accents had some really deep creases.  One of the teeth on the inside of one of my pairs ended up detaching almost completely.  Never had a pair of shoes decline so fast before or after those. Performance/comfort wise they were amazing but they were not durable if you wore them for serious ball.
I should add, I was 6'4" and around 230 so not the smallest but I don't think that's outside the range of what a shoe should be able to handle.
Hahaha yeah u got me. Right when i bought em my life went haywire moving around and alot of things. They spent all this time stashed away only put on for an hour when i got em in 99 and its a shame. At this point im leaving em as is. Anyway though u are correct. Fit and finish are great, performance is great, they are durable but the soles and such are not built to last. Im glad u got to ball in em and wear em in hs. I was 24 in 99 so i was a bit past that but i wouldve wore somethin else for ballin.

The Orion 7's that I have I find to be horrible quality and is one of my beaters. The leather is straight out plastic, horrible paint job on the mountain peaks, very thin hurrcache sock liner which makes the fit not feel good.

this years Chi 1's

they are awesome on feet but uncomfortable and some of the worst synthetic leather ever .

Worst quality pair of Jordans. Hands down, the 3's. the 4;s the 5's/  Sorry MJ. Step it up!!

From my personal experience XIV are some of the toughest Jordans out there. Even the retros have been up to par. I guess some of this is matter of opinion, because I never thought I'd see that model mentioned in a thread like this.

And even when they are VNBS (very near beater status) the black based colorways still look decent.
maybe he's a fatass and he compressed the teeth and midsole after a wear
roll.gif

I have never been more disappointed and quite frankly, heart broken by JB's quality like i was with the fire red 4's from 2012.

Its my favorite colorway of my favorite Jordan model and one of the pairs i had actually and a giant crease through the upper (i should have taken a pic)... i instantly asked fora different pair at FTL and the employee was shocked at how awful they looked.

One wear an the paint was slightly cracked.

I honestly thought my mars pair was slacking on quality back in the day and the 2012 made the mars feel like they were made out of steel :smh:

2012 Chicago Bull 1's

No wonder they didnt but the NA tag on them that plastic lather was garbage.

Back
Top Bottom